VSCC | S4 | R5: Brands Hatch GP

Chris

Premium
Round 5.jpg

Steeped in history and prestige, Brands Hatch is THE iconic British race track.

Date:
Saturday 10th of December 2016
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC
Track: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (Must own the Brit Pack DLC, PURCHASE HERE)
Start time: 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT)
Virtual Time of Day: 13:00
Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)

Race Format
  • 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT) - Practice - 60 minutes
  • 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - Qualifying - 15 minutes
  • 20:15 AEDT (09:15 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:25 AEDT (09:25 GMT) - Race - 75 minutes (formation lap + standing start)
Round 5 Trackmap.jpg

Pit Lane Entry

20161128122303_1.jpg

Drivers must be careful not to cause incidents with cars that are entering the pit lane. The entry point deviates slightly from the racing line, so it's important to recognise that the pitting vehicle will be travelling a bit slower to compensate for the tighter line.

During the race, you must slow down to the pit lane speed limit (50 kph) before the pit lane line. Failure to slow sufficiently will result in a drive-through penalty. The pit lane speed limit line is designated by the line itself and two orange cones either side of it (see below).

20161128122244_1.jpg

Pit Lane Exit
When exiting the pit lane, drivers must always stay to the right of the solid white line that guides you back on to the track safely. Crossing this line is permissible during Practice and warm-up, however you can still be penalised if you cause an incident. Crossing this line during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. Each instance of cutting it will result in a 10 second time penalty.

20161128122332_1.jpg

TeamSpeak
Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the VSCC sub-channel, using your team name. To create a sub-channel, please follow the simple steps below.

1. Right click the RD Stock Car Championship channel, and click 'Create Sub-Channel'.
TS1.jpg

2. Enter the appropriate details. Click OK
TS2.jpg
  • During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
  • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
    • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.

Incident reports
Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Last edited:
Entry List for Round 5 (Brands Hatch GP)
Sign outs beyond this time will receive an immediate 10 point penalty.
  1. @Matheus Machado
  2. @Stiggy (Brodie Steen)
  3. @Thomas Hinss
  4. @Discovery.Tv (Erhan Jajovski)
  5. @Otune (Oli McGown)
  6. @Sniper (Tony Binelli)
  7. @Michael Stead
  8. @Casper (Jamie Pyatt)
  9. @Mike Bell
  10. @Davy Vandevenne
  11. @Chris Stacey
  12. @Shaun.A (Shaun Allan)
  13. @Michael Nelson
  14. @Fred Locklear
  15. @Jeremy Talbot
  16. @MrRandom287 (Matthew Wheeler)
  17. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  18. @Sean Rogers
  19. @David Armstrong
  20. @Jack (Jack Trooper
  21. @Red Time (Leigh Nielsen)
  22. @Kevin Harris
  23. @Steve Le Gallez
  24. @alexSchmurtz (Alex Schmurtz)
  25. @Nick Milton
  26. @Shawn Jacobs
  27. @EireGreen™ (Michael Klein)
  28. @k_badam (Adam Brown)

Well that was a disaster. Accidentally hit the replay button instead of the request pit one, made my force feedback stop working. Couldn't remember what I had set as the reset button, retirement followed.

Guess there goes any hope of a top five in the champ :(

Ahhhh no!!! Didn't even care I was last running I just wanted to score a point!!!!! don't think I made it the distance to be considered for points :cry::cry: lol oh well, no worse then any other race so far this season :)

Another round, another terrible result :)
Had a great qualifying, the others were super quick, but on the first lap I lost it at Turn 6.

Dunno if anyone else has this issue but on the first lap of the race I have almost zero rear grip. Anyway, got a tank slapper on at T6 and then I spent the next 30 seconds trying to get out of the grass, then another minute in the pits to fix damage, and then pretty quickly I was last and a lap down on everyone.

Oh well. On to the next one. The big one. Bathurst!
I just wanna score a point.

Had a bad quali, considering I could do a 26.3 with my practice sector times, fortunately the 2nd place gridslot is in a less steep area of the circuit, also in the clean part so I could make a nice launch, gathering first place by the first corner:).

Then in the race, some mistakes kept me under pressure of David, who was running much lower aero, so it was a little hard to keep him behind on the straights, after I found the pace, I just kept pushing and ended with a considerable lead at the end. Almost got a speed infration in the pits this time:D.

Bring on Bathurst and RD-ROC!

Not a bad race I guess. Reasonable start but lost the rear end coming out of turn 3, tried to catch it but ended up going across the track hitting my team mate @Shawn Jacobs :( Pretty sure I hit someone else but I'm not sure who, massive apologies to whoever that was.

Race was pretty clean after that, wasn't until the end that I had a real battle with @Sean Rogers. Recently we seem to be on the same piece of tarmac at the same time, good stuff :D He just pipped me with 3 laps to go but it was close until the end.

Exhausting race for me, I finished way back but I had to push a lot! Thanks for the fights @Nick Milton @Queequeg That was fun! I made too many mistakes but at least I made it 'till the end this time! I did not think this track will cause so many dnfs... :confused: Really unlucky Chris and Steve in particular, sorry for you guys.
Apologies @Thomas Hinss for the little nudge at Druids when you exited the pits! :redface: I had your teammate right on my rear bumper... :p I hope you'll get better soon!
Thanks again for all your help and advices @Jeremy Talbot @Shawn Jacobs @Otune You guys are great! :thumbsup:

Terrible qualy, seeing I hit 1:28:xx in practise, bad start, but settled nicely, made same old stupid errors.

Apologies to nearly all of you for struggling with blue flags,,tony,Jez, many others, tried to get out way .hope I didn't stuff you up.

Great little battle with Alex,.

btw, blow job was a dead loss, couldn't reach the little fuxxxxer,

Exhausting race for me, I finished way back but I had to push a lot! Thanks for the fights @Nick Milton @Queequeg That was fun! I made too many mistakes but at least I made it 'till the end this time! I did not think this track will cause so many dnfs... :confused: Really unlucky Chris and Steve in particular, sorry for you guys.
Apologies @Thomas Hinss for the little nudge at Druids when you exited the pits! :redface: I had your teammate right on my rear bumper... :p I hope you'll get better soon!
Thanks again for all your help and advices @Jeremy Talbot @Shawn Jacobs @Otune You guys are great! :thumbsup:
cheers Alex, it's all good I was trying to reset my force feedback at the time so apologies if I broke a bit earlier than normal. Yeah likewise on that, I was absolutely wrecked up to that point energy wise so getting all the way to the end may have been a struggle with my head being as fuzzy as it is atm from this damn flu :(

Had a bad quali, considering I could do a 26.3 with my practice sector times, fortunately the 2nd place gridslot is in a less steep area of the circuit, also in the clean part so I could make a nice launch, gathering first place by the first corner:).

Then in the race, some mistakes kept me under pressure of David, who was running much lower aero, so it was a little hard to keep him behind on the straights, after I found the pace, I just kept pushing and ended with a considerable lead at the end. Almost got a speed infration in the pits this time:D.

Bring on Bathurst and RD-ROC!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My humble apologies @Queequeg , my fault mate, was a bit out of control at the time but no excuse, really sorry mate, hope it didn't screw your race :unsure:
It really didn't. I had to retire due to a mistake I did later on my own. I might actually have been a bit careless myself there.

@Kevin Harris Sorry for the contact. Didn't expect you two guys to slow down that much during your overtake and my reaction was too slow.

I was really happy with qualifying! I somehow pulled out a 27.6 when I had never even been in the 27s during practice. My next two Q laps had me faster in the first two sectors but I found a way to fudge it up.

As for the race it sucked. At start I got a nose ahead of @Sean Rogers and tried to stick to the inside (and not on the instant spin curb) but we touched and Sean got the worst out of that. Next lap I was defending on the inside at the end of the straight and @Michael Stead just barely touched my rear q-panel and I almost caught it but slid off. Settled in a bit after that even though I now had square tires. Had a nice battle with @Jack and shook him off and started to look towards the guys in front...but small mistakes here and there messed that up.

After the pits I had a decent rhythm going but I caught the edge of grass worrying too much about blue flags and hit the wall. Steering was crooked and it was just a struggle to finish the race. Normally would be happy with 13th, but not with the way things went. Goal next week is just to finish Bathurst...may be tough.

I've been doing online sim racing for 10 years now and that was definitely one of the most intense and satisfying races I've driven.

I knew I had the pace to be in the top 6 for qualifying but I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be on pole. Kind of ironic given I opted to start from the back of the grid at Queensland considering how far off the pace I was there.

I can't suss out the fancy footwork needed to clutch-start these things off the line, so I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see @Matheus Machado beat me into turn 1. I was resigned to the fact it was going to be almost impossible to beat him to the finish line, so I was really only concerned with keeping @Stiggy at bay. Managed to pull out a gap ahead of Steen, pitted as early as possible, and luckily came out to a clear track.

In the second stint, Steen was slowly closing in on me, but not quite fast enough. I passed @Sniper (who didn't change tires) without incident using a boost, and from there it was a relatively straight forward run to the finish line.

It was hard work!! I was trying to make every lap count, made it through without any mistakes, and so the end result is pretty damn satisfying :D Haven't been that stoked after a race for a long time.

Thanks to the pensioners, especially the Italian one, for the setup help :thumbsup:
And thanks to @Chris Stacey as always for the event ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%