VSCC | S4 | R2: Goiania

Chin up fella, one good result and everything turns around :)
Thanks, but I don't think so. Already had the good result at R1. Don't know how I managed that, pace alone I wasn't top 10 even. This was even worse, and I've raced with you guys often enough to know about where I should rank in. Not that I mind being slow, but I didn't have the pace to battle anyone properly. Don't think R3 will be any better looking back at the club race we did before the league :/

Still baffled at how people managed to be this late on the brakes. I would've overshot the corners and flatspotted my tyres trying to do so (flatspotted them anyway).

Crummy race here. I got a setup tip at the end of practice that had me quite hopeful. With the tip I was doing 1:23s with quite a bit of fuel in the car, and it seemed effortless. Then something happened and I had no clue what I was doing earlier. I struggled to do a 1:23 in qualifying and ended up towards the back of the grid.

I also had cars disappear on the start of the race, I just kept going and hope that a car didn't spawn back in front of me. At the end of the first corner I had gained 6 spots. Woo! But I just couldn't capture the feel of the car I had at the end of practice. I braked late going into the left-hander and went sideways on the throttle and collected @David Armstrong :(. Kept locking up because of damaged front but kept going. Got into a battle or two, but other mistakes kept giving back positions. Pitted for two tires later on and came out in 18th, got bumped, spun, and had a heck of a time getting back to the track (all bumps were just good racing and battling!). Rejoined with 45s gap in front and behind so rest of the race was just to finish.. 20th blah.

I was glad I didnt get any blue flag penalties like others did. I tried to go off line, and then would see the leaders try to draft me and I may have avoided penalties by lifting (sorry if it gave any of you some brown pants moments! :) ).

One good moment from the race...
THREE WILL ENTER ONLY ONE WILL LEAVE!
View attachment 158238
Oh, remember that. Spotter suddenly said 3 wide when we entered the corner. Think it was you who I turned into a bit later. Sorry for that, spotter said "right clear", turned in just to find it wasn't...

I should have cut to in car views but this was just great clean fun @Kevin Harris . Best racing all year for me. Who cares about the position, its all about the racing!
No prizes at the end remember :whistling:
Really enjoyed it mate, thanks for the challenge. As you said, it's about the racing, not the result, and for the last 10 laps, I think I nearly tore my wheel of it's base 4/5 times a lap I was that tense....... Loved every second of it.:thumbsup:

Also @Sean Rogers, nearly did a reversal of last round! Same spot as Gabriel, you braked earlier than I expected and nearly ran into you haha:). Was a fun couple laps trying to pass you though

LOL, yes that was close! haha, and good few laps with you there :)
You guys were faster though, I came our ahead of you then because I never changes my tires in the pit stop saving quite a few seconds.

I had a rather boring race though, mainly on my own. Initially there was a good run with @Sam Smith (my team mate bestie) and @Jack around lap 10 to 15 or so I think, then out at sea on my own until after the pit stop when I had a few come past that were quicker but dropped behind me due to their longer stops.
For me not changing tires was the right strategy for my race, so i'm happy with my result :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing