VSCC | S4 | R1: Albert Park

That was an awesome race, although I was taken out after the 2nd restart, I was able to show my strength at racing and started to cut through the field. Ended back where I started. Great fun, bring on the next one

Cheers,
Shaun

Was going really well till black screened twice under full course yellows. Grrr. Car undriveable after second damage was trying to hang on till scheduled pit was only 1 lap away and then had an off which totalled my engine . But too hard a penalty for the nature of the incident but that's life. Well done to my team mates @Sniper and @Jack
Great effort boys
Thanks @ Chris Stacey . Awesome effort as always

Quali : p8 , a bit off my PB , but i couldnt get warmed up and and could only Join in just as quali started , so i was happy

Race: p14 , had a decent start and had made up a couple of places upto p5,....but made a mistake in my pit strategy though and a small mistake on track put me down....but had some good fun none the less ... see you all next round

I did my best but you're all aliens compare to me... :redface: I tried to stay out of trouble, finished with an empty fuel tank but not much damage on the car. Only scary moment was the yellow where most of you went pitting and I found myself in 8th! :confused: I hope I did not give you too many troubles on the restart...
Thanks for this league; you're doing a great job organizing this @Chris Stacey Thank you.

Thanks for the race @Chris Stacey.

Got through the whole race without a scratch. Made my stop with about 20 mins to go, changed tires (which were like ice) and dropped from about 5th to 20th :O_o: I'm guessing just about everyone else pitted under yellow. I'm still scratching my head as to what happened :(

Same for me.

I hope the results get reviewed and the penultimate considered.

Anyway, well done to TDR for outpacing the whole field. In worst of cases we get a 1-2:rolleyes:

I noticed something weird on that last restart, too. The game awarded me three positions (from P20 to P17), but I physically overtook only one car. From where I am standing, it looks like two guys got screwed over by the game which gave me their position.

All in all it was a fun and exciting race, but the results and especially that last lap need to be reviewed.

The safety car is an interesting device to change up the strategy and avoid major pileups, but imo it came out too often during that race. Maybe it's just us driving like lunatics though.

Thanks @Steve Le Gallez for some awesome battles and sorry for overtaking you in the tighest corner on the track twice. Didn't mean to cut it that close, especially the first time!

Good, weird, odd race.
Practice was a total wash. On my second lap out I hit the wall and decided to do a safe rejoin and test out a pit stop. Must have went too far going the wrong way and it DQ'd me from practice. So I had most of an hour to wait for quali.

Third quali lap I goofed and hit the wall while over a half second up on my best. Qualified 20tomethingoranother.

The race strategy was to try and be consistent and keep out of trouble. Since my teammates were going to stay out on the SC, I pitted but found myself waiting for a pit stall for 30s. Even with the pit troubles, pitting was the right call for the team it seems. I mostly maintained even though I was not comfortable with the car at all around the track. Lack of grip and for some reason didn't seem able to get temp into the tires.

The end was weird. Game kept telling me to go in front of ppl I didn't think I should have. Towards the end it told me to get behind @Chris Stacey, but I thought I should have been behind @Red Time and @Davy Vandevenne. In retrospect I should have taken my place because Leigh and Davy apparently got penalties during the SC, and to top it off, on the restart at the end, @MrRandom287 hit the boost while I was asleep at the wheel and beat me to the line to take a position away from me.

I mistakenly thought that racers couldn't pass anyone before the start/finish line, but that was proven wrong to me. I guess it only applies to the start of the race and not restarts. Race until the end is the lesson here! This probably should be taken into account with the penalty that @Matheus Machado got since it WAS a race to the S/F line at the end.

Q24, finished 13th, should be happy with that.

Worst race ever.

That is all.
Sorry for bumping into on the restart of lap 10, cars were backing up and the braking started way back before even the bridge.
I jumped right to miss you, but I think you saw me coming and you also moved right (probably to make room for me on the left) and I ran into the back of you!
I did wait to let you back in front of me (and most of the field :(), if you missed that with all the cars flying by.
:)
Hopefully we with both have better luck next race, my game crashed to desktop after lap 14 :(

Last edited:
That were some of the worst driving standards I've ever witnessed in a RD race. Like seriously, do some of you not know what a full course yellow is? Got taken out during the first one and suffered quite some damage at front and back. Wasn't the end to it, got several bumps during FCYs later on. Also could see that some people just kept on racing others when it was already out...

Quali was quite bad, rolled it in my first flying lap, the 2 I had remaining after that were just too slow, almost 2s off of my PB.
Stayed out of trouble during the race (except FCY), this way managed to climb up a good bit. Could've been more in the end if I just had known that after FCY passing was allowed when green comes out, not after the s/f-line.

Well, that was a interesting start to a championship.

Qualified P18, had a great early few laps, working my way past people up into 3rd before the stop. Changed only left-side tyres to jump the Talking Doors ahead, was 2nd out of the pits, had a great re-start again and was flying back through the field before an incident with Tobias (my fault, was looking at David infront and didn't see your nose) sent me spinning back down to where Erhan was, swapped positions a few times, one of them there was some contact due to me locking up, my bad on that one, finally Erhan got passed and left me behind, had a brilliant battle with Brodie until the final caution. P3 and +15 places, very pleased with that.

I hope the results get reviewed and the penultimate considered.

Anyway, well done to TDR for outpacing the whole field. In worst of cases we get a 1-2:rolleyes:

From what I understand, and looking at the replay, the safety car enters the pits and you are driving 90kmph, you then accelerate up to 110kmph before the 'Green flag' message, thus the game giving you a drive-through at the Start/Finish line, and with finishing without taking a penalty, you take the time penalty instead.

How the cool kids finish a race: @Shaun.A :confused::roflmao:
How%20to%20finish%20a%20race.jpg

Well, that was a interesting start to a championship.
From what I understand, and looking at the replay, the safety car enters the pits and you are driving 90kmph, you then accelerate up to 110kmph before the 'Green flag' message, thus the game giving you a drive-through at the Start/Finish line, and with finishing without taking a penalty, you take the time penalty instead.
Interesting. I didn't even know there was a specific speed limit during FCY. I always thought it was just about position. Good to know that!

Interesting. I didn't even know there was a specific speed limit during FCY. I always thought it was just about position. Good to know that!

Well, the penalty is for accelerating too early, logically if you held the speed of the safety car you aren't accelerating, therefore any penalties associated with that would be avoided.

Sorry for bumping into on the restart of lap 10, cars were backing up and the braking started way back before even the bridge.
I jumped right to miss you, but I think you saw me coming and you also moved right (probably to make room for me on the left) and I ran into the back of you!
I did wait to let you back in front of me (and most of the field :(), if you missed that with all the cars flying by.
:)
Hopefully we with both have better luck next race, my game crashed to desktop after lap 14 :(
Exactly that. I did see you and tried to move out of the way but obviously the wrong way! I didn't see you wait tbh as there was so much going on around me at the time. No dramas though, it wasn't a biggie :)

What was a biggie though was me on the boost down coming up to turn 1 and locking my brakes, oversteering and crashing into the wall, breaking my suspension. I had to limp around to the pits, pit for a minute then come out just as the leaders were coming down pit straight. So I had blue flags. Trying to get out of the way I ended up in the bloody wall again damaging my splitter and making it difficult to turn again. Then another yellow came out and being a lapped car in the middle of a whole heap of cars is not fun on the restart. So I pitted again but forgot to tell the crew not to refuel so I was heavy with fuel for the last 10 laps.

Blue flags suck.

Definitely a race to forget, almost wished I'd actually had some fatal damage early on rather than circulating around with a damaged car and blue flags waving around me for the 2nd half of the race. Couldn't even get 1 point :(Hopefully better luck next time....

Exactly that. I did see you and tried to move out of the way but obviously the wrong way! I didn't see you wait tbh as there was so much going on around me at the time. No dramas though, it wasn't a biggie :)

What was a biggie though was me on the boost down coming up to turn 1 and locking my brakes, oversteering and crashing into the wall, breaking my suspension. I had to limp around to the pits, pit for a minute then come out just as the leaders were coming down pit straight. So I had blue flags. Trying to get out of the way I ended up in the bloody wall again damaging my splitter and making it difficult to turn again. Then another yellow came out and being a lapped car in the middle of a whole heap of cars is not fun on the restart. So I pitted again but forgot to tell the crew not to refuel so I was heavy with fuel for the last 10 laps.

Blue flags suck.

Definitely a race to forget, almost wished I'd actually had some fatal damage early on rather than circulating around with a damaged car and blue flags waving around me for the 2nd half of the race. Couldn't even get 1 point :(Hopefully better luck next time....
Cheers mate!
Pity about the rest of your race, it does sound like you had a rough day :(

Good, weird, odd race.
Practice was a total wash. On my second lap out I hit the wall and decided to do a safe rejoin and test out a pit stop. Must have went too far going the wrong way and it DQ'd me from practice. So I had most of an hour to wait for quali.

Third quali lap I goofed and hit the wall while over a half second up on my best. Qualified 20tomethingoranother.

The race strategy was to try and be consistent and keep out of trouble. Since my teammates were going to stay out on the SC, I pitted but found myself waiting for a pit stall for 30s. Even with the pit troubles, pitting was the right call for the team it seems. I mostly maintained even though I was not comfortable with the car at all around the track. Lack of grip and for some reason didn't seem able to get temp into the tires.

The end was weird. Game kept telling me to go in front of ppl I didn't think I should have. Towards the end it told me to get behind @Chris Stacey, but I thought I should have been behind @Red Time and @Davy Vandevenne. In retrospect I should have taken my place because Leigh and Davy apparently got penalties during the SC, and to top it off, on the restart at the end, @MrRandom287 hit the boost while I was asleep at the wheel and beat me to the line to take a position away from me.

I mistakenly thought that racers couldn't pass anyone before the start/finish line, but that was proven wrong to me. I guess it only applies to the start of the race and not restarts. Race until the end is the lesson here! This probably should be taken into account with the penalty that @Matheus Machado got since it WAS a race to the S/F line at the end.

Q24, finished 13th, should be happy with that.
We had the strategy right, just the bloody SC put a spanner in the works :)

I'm amazed how much time I lost by not pitting under FCY. The field was much more bunched up than I expected! Pitted from P2 and went down to like P16! I figured most of them ahead would either be tyre or fuel limited but by the time it got to like 10 minutes remaining, it dawned on me that no one was making anymore planned pit stops.

Had the pace for a top 5 finish but just didnt go my way. It was an engrossing race though, that 75 minutes went by in the flash!

Tough race, haven't done one for a while, so wasn't expecting much.
First few laps were new to me with the safety car situation, not much happening, few spots up from the start but nothing amazing.
Then the second SC restart. My god. Got a good exit, didn't screw up T1 and was feeling good about a move down the outside to T3 on Nick, got squeezed out with a tiny overlap (annoying but can't really do anything about that), saw some hairy s*** going on under brakes into T3, navigated that, got to T4 and was presented with a car rejoining basically right in front of me. Lost control, into a wall headfirst, damage everywhere, tilted to hell, went laps down just before a SC.
Yeah it was good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back