VSCC | S4 | R1: Albert Park

Chris

Premium
Round 1.jpg
No more sandbagging. The gloves are off. Time to see where everyone stacks up!

General Information
Date: Saturday 15th October 2016
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC
Track: Albert Park GP (DOWNLOAD)
Start time: 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT)
Virtual Time of Day: 13:00
Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)

Race Format
  • 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT) - Practice - 60 minutes
  • 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - Qualifying - 15 minutes**
  • 20:15 AEDT (09:15 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:25 AEDT (09:25 GMT) - Race - 75 minutes (formation lap + standing start)

R1 Track.png

TeamSpeak
Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the VSCC S4 sub-channel, using your team name. To create a sub-channel, please follow the simple steps below.

1. Right click the RD Stock Car Championship channel, and click 'Create Sub-Channel'.
TS1.jpg

2. Enter the appropriate details. Click OK
TS2.jpg

Incident reports
Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Pit Lane Exit Line
Crossing the pit lane exit line during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. It is there for a reason: To safely usher you back to the racing line. Drivers who cross this line during Qualifying and/or the race will be issued a 10 second time penalty added to their total race time for every instance.

Crossing the line in Practice and Warm Up is permissible, however please ensure that you are not inhibiting other drivers or causing accidents. You can still be reported and penalised for dangerous driving in practice sessions.

On tracks where a pit exit line is not present, a recommended safe re-entry line will be provided in the race notes, and all drivers must adhere to it as closely as they are able.

** Qualifying
It is very important you understand the format for qualifying, as it is not the conventional system you may be used to. Any penalties issued by Automobilista for breaking the rules of qualifying will not be rescinded. It is up to you to sufficiently understand the rules of the session.
  • The session will last for a total of 15 minutes.
  • Each driver will have a maximum of 6 laps they are allowed to complete. This includes out-laps and in-laps.
  • This means you will have 1 out-lap, 4 hot laps and 1 in-lap.
  • Drivers who exceed the 6 lap total will be immediately disqualified from the session, and will start the race from the back of the grid.

Last edited:
Is the in-lap necessary? Will AMS disqualify me if I run 1 out-lap and then 5 hot laps, then immediately press esc?
Be careful that as soon as you cross the line after the 6th lap, you enter the 7th and get DQ (it is managed by the game). You need to press escape before the end of lap 6 so you won't get a time for that lap. Just wanted to make sure it is clear for you: some people have been surprised in the club race 2 weeks ago…

I think pressing ESC is not adding to the realism, just like crossing pit lanes and speeding in pit lane. This a league so I think it should be so realistic as possible. You can't press ESC in the real world ;)

Confirmed Entry List for Round 1
Sign outs beyond this point will be penalised.
  1. @Sniper (Tony Binelli)
  2. @Kevin Harris
  3. @Chris Stacey
  4. @Casper (Jamie Pyatt)
  5. @Jeremy Talbot
  6. @Sam Smith
  7. @Discovery.Tv (Erhan Jajovski)
  8. @Fred Locklear
  9. @Sean Rogers
  10. @Steve Le Gallez
  11. @alexSchmurtz
  12. @Nick Milton
  13. @Jack (Jack Trooper)
  14. @Michael Stead
  15. @Red Time (Leigh Nielsen)
  16. @Stiggy (Brodie Steen)
  17. @kedy89 (Tobi Kederer)
  18. @Tobias Röhner
  19. @Aidan Keranen
  20. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  21. @Davy Vandevenne
  22. @Michael Nelson
  23. @Matheus Machado
  24. @Mike Bell
  25. @EireGreen™ (Michael Klein)
  26. @MrRandom287 (Matthew Wheeler)
  27. @Thomas Hinss
  28. @Shaun.A (Shaun Allan)
  29. @Otune (Oli McGown)
  30. @Valrys (Allie Ferrie)
  31. @Niranjan (Niranjan Kumar)
  32. @David Armstrong
  33. @Ross McGregor

Well that was short!

Took a bit of kerb at the fast chicane on lap 2 and it sent the car skywards. I didn't think I'd taken anymore than normal but there you go. Esc'd as soon as I realised the car was sliding onto the track. It was going ok up to that point, but I have to say the front two were lagging quite a bit from my point of view. Hopefully lag isn't a big issue as the season goes on.

Good luck chaps!

Rolled the car over a rumble strip (bet that looked spectacular) and was 10l the wrong side of making it on fuel. Final safety car came out just as I was planning to splash and dash, so while I was coasting with my clutch in in order to make it another lap to get to the pits, I misjudged the lack of engine braking and smushed it into a wall killing the engine.

Disappointing, but well done to my teammates who gained 15 and 14 places respectively over their grid slots.

Thanks for the race @Chris Stacey.

Got through the whole race without a scratch. Made my stop with about 20 mins to go, changed tires (which were like ice) and dropped from about 5th to 20th :O_o: I'm guessing just about everyone else pitted under yellow. I'm still scratching my head as to what happened :(

That was a pretty crazy race. I had a fun race, but got strategy wrong by not pitting on the middle safety car at like L16. Lost a lot of time with that, but didn't have enough fuel to go to the end.

Then on the final SC I got that bloody windows update message that Alt+Tab'd me and I was in the wall... Luckily I didn't lose any positions out of it.

Really enjoyable though. My head hurts from all the strategy and driving at the same time.

Well I loved it, my problem was pit stops, I made a pitstop, but somehow got a penalty,went straight back in and hit pit button again( I now know that's not what you do)
So came in again for penalty, I wasn't sure how you did them, I know now :(
But was pretty pleased with race pace, getting out of way for blues after all my pits stop was a nightmare!

Ban blue flags,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back