VSCC | S4: Australia | Announcement and Info

Chris

Premium
Info.jpg
The Virtual Stock Car Championship is back for a fourth season, and this time with an Australian twist!

Over the course of six rounds, up to 30 drivers will battle for victory and bragging rights in some of the most closely matched machinery that simracing has to offer: The Brazilian V8 Stock Car. With over 450 horsepower and a push-to-pass system, all the ingredients are available for closely-fought and strategic racing!

All premium members of any region are eligible to sign up and compete in this series. If you wish to sign up, please do so in the Sign Up thread after reading the information below and the info in the Sign up thread.

League Information
Calendar
  • 15/10 - Albert Park GP
  • 29/10 - Goiania
  • 12/11 - Queensland Raceway
  • 26/11 - Oulton Park Classic
  • 10/12 - Brands Hatch GP
  • 17/12 - Bathurst

The Car:
Brazilian V8 Stock Car (Chevrolet & Peugeot)
  • Rear wheel drive
  • Semi-automatic gear box (6 forward gears, 1 reverse)
  • 450 HP and 541Nm torque
  • Push-to-pass enabled (only available during race and limited to eight deployments).
  • Single tyre compound
  • On-the-fly adjustable brake bias and anti-roll bars.

Race Format

• 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT) - Practice - 60 minutes
  • 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - Qualifying - 15 minutes
  • 20:15 AEDT (09:15 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:25 AEDT (09:25 GMT) - Race - 75 minutes (formation lap + standing start)

Rules and Regulations
This league will operate in accordance with the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations except where specifically stated as otherwise.
  • Exceptions:
    • Article 5.7 - VSCC S4 Australia will use the scoring system outlined below.
    • Article 6.1 - Track limits will be handled by the penalty system built into Automobilista, however if you believe a driver has been abusing track limits and not been penalised for it, then drivers are allowed to report track limit abuse to the league administrator for post race examination. Reports must follow the incident report format, else risk dismissal of their report.

Driver Settings & Assists
  • Parc Ferme: ON, Enforced at start of qualifying
    • Free settings exempt from parc ferme
      • Steering lock
      • Brake pressure
      • fuel load and strategy
      • tire compound
      • brake bias
      • engine settings
  • Tyre Wear: Normal
  • Fuel Usage: Normal
  • Track Progression: Normal (starts at 'Medium')
  • Flag Rules: Full
Untitled.jpg

Points Distribution

1. 24pts
  2. 20pts
  3. 18pts
  4. 17pts
  5. 16pts
  6. 15pts
  7. 14pts
  8. 13pts
  9. 12pts
  10. 11pts
  11. 10pts
  12. 9pts
  13. 8pts
  14. 7pts
  15. 6pts
  16. 5pts
  17. 4pts
  18. 3pts
  19. 2pts
  20. 1pt

Drivers and Teams
  • You may sign up as either an independent, or as a team. Teams can be made up of a maximum of three drivers. Two-driver teams are also permissible.
  • Teams can sign up reserve drivers specific to their team to fill-in for drivers who may not be able to make it to a certain round. However, reserve drivers must have an active premium membership, and must be able to drive the car at a competitive pace. They must also submit a skin prior to skin pack submission deadline.
  • Important: Reserve drivers can only score points for the Teams Championship if they are substituting for a fellow teammate. If they are required to drive due to an independent or a driver from another team being absent, then they will not score points for their team, however they are eligible to score Drivers Championship points.

Absences
  • Absences are permitted provided you notify the league director within 24 hours of the commencement of the Practice session (19:00 AEDT), and it is a valid reason.
  • Late notifications of absence will result in a 10 point deduction from your total points accumulation.
  • Drivers who withdraw from the league with an inadequate reason, or miss a round without notifying the league director at all, will be removed from the league and banned from all RaceDepartment leagues for the following 12 months. This includes immediate removal from any RaceDepartment league(s) they may be participating in at the same time as the Virtual Stock Car Championship.

General Rules
  • All drivers must be Premium Members, and must use their full real name on both the game server and on TeamSpeak.
  • During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
  • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
    • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.
  • Drivers and managers must read all the information provided by the organisers provided through the forum. That includes General threads, race threads and private messages.
  • Teamspeak presence is mandatory for all drivers.

Last edited:
Good luck to those taking part. Unfortunately this is after my night work and I usually don't wake up till 10am so I'll be tired and half awake. Haha. I'm sure you'll get a lot of sign ups though :thumbsup:

Realy love this race format;

• 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT) - Practice - 90 minutes
  • 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - Qualifying - 15 minutes
  • 20:15 AEDT (09:15 GMT) - Race - 75 minutes
90 minutes practice in one hour ????????????????

@Chris Stacey I was just reading the OP from another event and it reminded me of a couple of things which have been on my mind. Will we have a red zone declared as in previous leagues and in a similar vein, given the damage is very realistic and at 100% i.e. wheels and bonnets actually falling off and engines damaged/destroyed in accidents can we all receive a gentle reminder of the consequences for all of our races/championship of kamikaze style driving ????? especially at the start. Just want everyone to enjoy themselves:thumbsup:

@Chris Stacey I was just reading the OP from another event and it reminded me of a couple of things which have been on my mind. Will we have a red zone declared as in previous leagues and in a similar vein, given the damage is very realistic and at 100% i.e. wheels and bonnets actually falling off and engines damaged/destroyed in accidents can we all receive a gentle reminder of the consequences for all of our races/championship of kamikaze style driving ????? especially at the start. Just want everyone to enjoy themselves:thumbsup:
Ah, I'm glad someone asked this :)

Okay so, No, there will not be a red zone for the first lap. However careless driving will still be punished harshly, provided it is reported. The reasoning behind not having a red zone is that lap 1 turn 1 is where contact is most likely to happen. So, similarly to Formula 1, first corner contact will be treated with a bit more leniency given the concentration of cars, provided it's a fair and reasonable move and doesn't breach any of Article 6.3's sub-sections.

I want to make it clear that careless and reckless driving is absolutely not tolerated, however it's understandable when slight contact occurs given that there's going to be 34 cars all fighting for the same piece of tarmac.

Ah, I'm glad someone asked this :)

Okay so, No, there will not be a red zone for the first lap. However careless driving will still be punished harshly, provided it is reported. The reasoning behind not having a red zone is that lap 1 turn 1 is where contact is most likely to happen. So, similarly to Formula 1, first corner contact will be treated with a bit more leniency given the concentration of cars, provided it's a fair and reasonable move and doesn't breach any of Article 6.3's sub-sections.

I want to make it clear that careless and reckless driving is absolutely not tolerated, however it's understandable when there is slight contact occurs given that there's going to be 34 cars all fighting for the same piece of tarmac.

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. I just want drivers to be mindful (myself included) you can sustain enough damage to be unable to return to the pits and have your enjoyment completely ruined. Accidents happen and we are all tolerant of them, it's rashness and inconsiderate lunacy which there is not time for.
Thankfully this game does allow for that slight contact you describe :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years