VSCC S3 | Round 5 @ Jacarepagua 2005 - Sat 6 June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round-5-Banner.jpg

All drivers are expected to show up. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event will automatically receive a 2 point penalty regardless of the reason.

Practice: Open all day of the event (server is already up)
Qualifying: 19:05 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (50 minutes).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. Refueling and tyre changes are permitted, but are not mandatory. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide herecontains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting. Fuel and tire wear will be normal 1x. Assists will not be available except for auto-clutch.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight all the way to the back straight is considered a red zone. The end of the red zone doesn't mean you can stop being careful. It simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races.

Red-Zone-Jacarepagua2005.jpg

Example of track limits for a track. Keep 2 wheels inside the lines.
Track Limits Exception:

On the back straight, drivers are permitted to use the full width of the track up to the wall. See the picture below. You may cross the white line only after clearing the kerb indicated by the red line.
Track-Limits-Jacarepagua2005.jpg

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
TeamSpeak is not mandatory. If you are on TeamSpeak, it is your choice. Therefore, talking on TeamSpeak during any part of any events in the VSCC S3 is permitted. If you don't like hearing people during the race, you don't have to use TeamSpeak. To talk privately with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

SERVER 1
@Neto Nascimento
@Sergio Junior
@Guus
@Austin Ogonoski
@Miguel Lopes
@Jon Hicken
@Slalom823
@Angelo dos Santos
@Paul Joseph
@Paul Watkins
@Jari Vinnari
@Risto Kappet
@Franklin Stegink
@Nox
@Anders Nilsson
@Tal
@ARG1980
@Genci Estebanez
@Fábio Assunção
@Theo van den Brink
@Sam Smith
@vitor sousa
@Frank [Promoted]
@Sk3ptik0n [Promoted]
@Mark Breslin [Promoted]
@JeffL [Promoted]
@Andrew Harper [Promoted due to Absence]
@Ariciuc Razvan [Promoted due to Absence]

SERVER 2
@Raphael Zanardi [Relegated]
@Craig Patteson [Relegated]
@bömii [Relegated]
@Daniel Lee [ Reported Absent]
@Sven-Arne Andersson
@Jonathan Menéndez
@Sharjeel
@Warren Schembri
@Fab #28
@Antmerino [Reported Absent]
@Jason [Reported Absent / Late]

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I also have a spreadsheet where you can easily see people's worst results so far; At the end of the championship I'll calculate the final points for each driver, deduct the penalty points, etc. But it is a useful overview if you're interested.

Thanks Andrew.
I dont know how to reach the results site.
Usually after the races or a few days later you publish the link with results and standings, and that didnt happen in the Cordoba thread, that´s why I asked. :)

Yeah, no problem :) [The link is in my post above just in case you missed it]

Last edited:
Congrats to the top three it was a bonus to make into server one for the final round.

Unfortunately as before due to work I'd had no practise before the event so tried to fit some time in before the race tonight.

Managed to find a decent setup but I was way off the pace, was feeling very tired as well.

I unfortunately I must of eat some dodgy food the night before and spend most of the night staring at the bathroom floor! Haha.

So with a full day of work and not much sleep my concentration just wasn't there.

Just wanted to make it to the end and I couldn't even do that! I didn't think I clipped the Armco that bad but the game decided that the suspension was broken and that was that.

Thanks to @Nox for all is hard work and @Davy Vandevenne as well.

Thanks to the broadcast teams for their excellent coverage.

Also thanks to @Craig Patteson for asking me to be his team mate, sorry the results weren't there mate.

From a personal level I can't help but be very disappointed, I'm better than my results show but two jobs makes it difficult to find the time to practice. Hopefully if I do something like this again I'll be able to put more time in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%