VSCC S3 | Round 5 @ Jacarepagua 2005 - Sat 6 June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So first off, a big thank you to RD for giving me the opportunity to commentate on what was an amazing series :D

I mostly just wanted to say a massive thanks to all the praise and responses that I saw and received for this series throughout the season, seeing such an overwhelmingly positive reaction to the broadcasts was such a motivating thing to see. It really does make me proud to be a part of not just RD, but the sim racing community as a whole :D

I'm certainly hoping to do more broadcast work for RD so hopefully I'll be involved in a lot more broadcasts here in the future :)

That's why IMO a drop points system is punishing to the most consistent drivers. Guus was on the podium every round but got jacked by a guy who didn't even drive server 1 in the first round. I'm sure Risto would prefer Guus to win the championship, he must know Guus deserved it

Just :devilish: my two cents, the only reason I'm mentioning it is so you can use it as experience in any future leagues. Personally I don't find it a fair points system anyway, but given the fact you get a drop week, it just allows you to have a poor race.

For future league participation make sure to read through the announcement thread as @Nox provided you with every piece of information you could possibly need.

Don't like the content of a league? Don't sign up.
And it's a fair comment, but I'm not here saying, OMG THE HORRENDOUS LEAGUE ORGANIZATION, I'm saying, look at the results and see the most consistently high performing guy didn't win the championship in favour of someone who ignored the rules in the prequalification and even got a points penalty and bear it in mind for the next/other seasons.

Whilst others may just be happy with how things are or don't say anything for fear of rocking the boat, personally I am one that seeks out improvement to benefit everyone. Whether my feelings are eventually applied by other people or not, my thoughts are on the table to been interpreted in whatever way is chosen and I'd be doing everyone a dis-service by keeping my mouth shut.

It may be that 90% of others in this championship feel the same way, it may not be, but the only way this can be determined is by open discussion. I mean, apparently going by your reply there, I'm not allowed to say anything against the points system because I was in the championship? That's the same as saying you're not allowed to complain of the quality of chocolate because you already bought it?

We want the best league on the net, not a simracing-FIFA where nobody says a damn word.

Last edited:
I'm saying, look at the results and see the most consistently high performing guy didn't win the championship in favour of someone who ignored the rules in the prequalification and even got a points penalty and bear it in mind for the next/other seasons.
So? It is an equal playingfield for all the drivers. Those that didn't become the champion should have gathered more points. It's a league with rules that are clear from the beginning. The guy on top simply collected the most points and won and that counts.

And you can say whatever you want, and the same counts for me. I just notice a certain pattern in your comments that I don't like. One of it is accusing people without proof, use of abusive language, dropping out of a league for no reason and keep on complaining afterwards. That alone shows how constructive you have been to make this the best league on the net.

You obviously don't like it, fact. Move on.

Not officially yet but we are currently discussing to continue or move to RaceRaceroom and drive with the official WTCC cars and tracks. We are currently testing that game in the club.

I don't want to sound a like a stick in the mud but I hope not and we know from the thread before it got took down a lot of people would be interested in it

Last edited:
[Mod Edit: Don't make PMs public; send them to staff if you want to report them]

And ofcourse im happy to win, i won because im the fastest and won the most ingeneral. Highly likely I would have done very well in Race 1 aswell in Server 1, so why should I prefer someone else win the champ? Im sure this whole opinion of yours is purely because I won and to taunt me and get me to respond, well here you go.

Anyway thanks for the league everyone, super presentation and work done in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a PM for a reason, but you make it public in an attempt to look transparent and try to shame me for rightfully accusing you of foul play and abusing the physics engine???

I don't care about you as a person, I couldn't give less of a damn but what I won't stand for is you pissing on everyone else in the league by calling us average whilst you are cutting the track like a desperado and abuse the physics engine to gain a victory in what for you normally wouldn't be a challenging series anyway...

BTW, you missed race 1 cos you tried to cheat an advantage in the prequal by cutting the track like hell, technically you didn't even qualify to drive in the series cos you didn't have a single time in your name, OUT OF 3 LAPs you couldn't even put a clean one down.

Last edited:
Please just stop, guys. If you don't respect each other then respect the rest of us and the institution that gave you a place to race

Yeah, the points system was well know since the word go...so no point in argue with that now.
But in my case it hurts...:rolleyes:
From 7th on the standings with the totals, a pretty damn good position for my "talent"...I dropped to 10th, which is quite a fall.

I support the fact we can trash our worse result, specially because real life compromises and problems.
But sometimes makes me wonder: In a bad race is better just hit ESC instead of soldier your way to score every little point available. This way you will have less points to lose! :D

I'll just throw this in the works as a general statement - I find it evident in every league and institution that when accusations and such are flying around, the guys who are consistently at the front of the grid tend to get preferential treatment and have far more of an impact with their input, than say; someone at the back of the grid. I would be hard pressed to find an institution that treats all drivers opinions and thoughts equally, regardless of circumstance, history and personal bias.

So? It is an equal playingfield for all the drivers.

...One of it is accusing people without proof...

That alone shows how constructive you have been to make this the best league on the net.

Those comments don't really follow a coherent pattern to me. What proof do you expect Jake to provide? He has no access to the culprit's system, the server logs, or literally any way to gain proof, other than to comment on the driving styles based on years of experience (which has seen and confirmed hackers before).

Without disclosing private messages with other users - other drivers (who for all intents and purposes, I will say this - will not side with Jake for any reason) agree that 'the culprit' being a cheater is not within the realms of impossibility.

Jake has tried to offer constructive criticism, and done the best he has to try and make the league fair for everyone by prompting a formal investigation into another user based on the only evidence he has access to. I get the impression this was not done, and Jake's particular style of protest took precedent over the initial protests he made. :O_o:

Last edited:
For those of you who haven't been already taking advantage of the club racing here in SCE, I highly recommend it! There tends to be a good group of clean racers and a lot of fun and close racing. There is good diversity in both cars and tracks, as well as speeds of drivers, so there tends to be close racing frequently. So if you aren't joining in already then get to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 106 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%