VSCC S3 | Round 4 @ Cordoba - Sat 30 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round4Banner.jpg

All drivers are expected to show up. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event will automatically receive a 2 point penalty regardless of the reason.

Practice: Open all day of the event (server is already up)
Qualifying: 19:05 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (50 minutes).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. Refueling and tyre changes are permitted, but are not mandatory. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting. Fuel and tire wear will be normal 1x. Assists will not be available except for auto-clutch.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turns 1 and 2 are considered a red zone. The end of the red zone doesn't mean you can stop being careful. It simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races.

Cordoba-Red-Zone.jpg

Example of track limits for a track. Keep 2 wheels inside the lines at all times!

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
TeamSpeak is not mandatory. If you are on TeamSpeak, it is your choice. Therefore, talking on TeamSpeak during any part of any events in the VSCC S3 is permitted. If you don't like hearing people during the race, you don't have to use TeamSpeak. To talk privately with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

SERVER 1
@Neto Nascimento
@Sergio Junior
@Guus
@Austin Ogonoski
@Flammenjc
@Miguel Lopes
@Jon Hicken
@Slalom823
@Angelo dos Santos
@Raphael Zanardi
@Paul Joseph
@Paul Watkins
@Craig Patteson
@Daniel Lee
@Jari Vinnari
@Risto Kappet
@Franklin Stegink
@Nox
@Anders Nilsson
@Tal
@ARG1980
@Genci Estebanez
@Fábio Assunção [Promoted]
@Theo van den Brink [Promoted]
@bömii [Promoted]
@Sam Smith [Promoted]
@vitor sousa [Promoted due to Absence]
@Sk3ptik0n [Promoted due to Absence]

SERVER 2
@Frank [Relegated]
@Ariciuc Razvan [Relegated]
@Mark Breslin [Relegated]
@JeffL [Relegated]
@Sven-Arne Andersson
@Jonathan Menéndez
@Andrew Harper
@Sharjeel [Relegated and Reported Absent]
@Warren Schembri [Reported Absent / Late]
@Pär Öqvist [Reported Absent / Late]
@Fab #28 [Reported Absent / Late]
@Antmerino [Reported Absent]
@Jason [Reported Absent]

Last edited:
Same comment as last race regarding the red zone - I think it should be extended. The hairpin right is a dramatic pinch point on the track, compared to the first two corners. The line through turn 3 is very specific in the braking zone, so the concertina effect will be quite dramatic, especially considering the highspeed exit from turn 2.

Like the last race, I can see this hairpin being sketchy in a tight bunch. Turns out I was completely correct to notice this last race, with a huge pile up in lap 1... The rest of the corners on this track are fine, but I can see bodywork littering the outside of that hairpin for sure, not that it will happen, but we want to reduce the likelihood, right?

Last edited:
Yep, but as I said, "The end of the red zone doesn't mean you can stop being careful" and extending the red zone last race didn't exactly stop incidents. In fact, that race had the worst start incident yet. So, the point is just to be careful on the start, (whether that's turns 1 and 2, or 3 etc) I'll review the first two corners automatically, and if something happens elsewhere, people can file a report.

Alrighty then

Seems like this will be a no-stop race for fuel. GSCE's fuel calculator says 100L will get you 46 laps, and testing so far shows low fuel usage... Might be interesting!!

Can I stay in server 2? My father got 28 m2 birch tree to chop and split and all and I need to help out. Complete zombie mode and I will pull hamstrings and what not if I practise for the race or push the slightest over what I already do. I will miss next race anyway so don´t want to occupy slots for championship contenders.

Can I stay in server 2?
Nope! And don't forget only the top 4 results count anyway. I appreciate what you're saying though. But it means giving a server 1 slot to someone who hasn't earned it, which will effect the drivers/teams championships. I already don't like doing it for absences, so not doing it by request :)

Hi guys just to let you know there is a new update for stock car extreme V1.33 would all drivers be able to download the new update before Saturday's race

Thank you very much :)

Reactions: Tal
Andrew @Nox . Can you clarify track limits regarding turn 6, see the photo below. Obviously it's faster to stay wider before entry here, in the screenshot am i exceeding track limits?
GRAB_018.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Tal
@Daniel Lee that white line just off center in your screenshot is the white line denoting the track limits, so keep 2 wheels inside that at all times. The screenshot isn't 100% clear to me where your wheels are (my FOV is different) but so long as you're not more than 2 wheels over, that's fine.

Wow...that was exciting race.
Almost blacked out when my heart was beating like drummer on drugs.:laugh:
My broken heart is definitely getting too old for this kind of racing.:)
Thanks again for excellent race Andrew, commentators, RD staff and fellow racers.:thumbsup:

That went better then expected with nul preparations on a new track. Thank god it was some of the easiest tracks I ever seen to get around. Was surprised I could relatively easy hang on to Frank and Mark saving all my boosts. I was just expecting them to fly away so didn´t want to bother to really race. Bad focus hit the kerbs wrong and loosing some 15 seconds and 3 race positions. Catched Conti and Sven-Arne. Sven was warping so much the safest thing was to overtake as fast and as aggressive as possible. Got by quite fast but then over driving made me loose time stressing to much to get away from the warp.

Hunted somebody forgot the name but we where running similar pace. He got some issue entering the pit lane lost time so I was 3 seconds behind going into the pits. And I exited 3 seconds ahead taking less fuel or better prepared pit crew?

A bit lonely race after that seeing I was some 17 seconds behind Mark it was really a shame I messed up early we could have a nice battle to the finish. Mark had to little fuel though so did overtake on last lap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline