VSCC S3 | Round 3 @ Goiania - Sat 23 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goiania-Banner.jpg

All drivers are expected to show up. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event will automatically receive a 2 point penalty regardless of the reason.

Practice: Open all day of the event (server is already up)
Qualifying: 19:05 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (50 minutes).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. Refueling and tyre changes are permitted, but are not mandatory. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting. Fuel and tire wear will be normal 1x. Assists will not be available except for auto-clutch.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turns 1 and 2 are considered a red zone. The first hairpin is also a red zone; as is the 'ess' section indicated on the map. This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races.

Goiania-Red-Zone.jpg

Example of track limits for a track. There are white lines around all parts of the track. Keep 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times!

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
TeamSpeak is not mandatory. If you are on TeamSpeak, it is your choice. Therefore, talking on TeamSpeak during any part of any events in the VSCC S3 is permitted. If you don't like hearing people during the race, you don't have to use TeamSpeak. To talk privately with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

SERVER 1
@Neto Nascimento
@Sergio Junior
@Guus
@Frank
@Austin Ogonoski
@Flammenjc
@Miguel Lopes
@Jon Hicken
@Slalom823
@Angelo dos Santos
@Raphael Zanardi
@Paul Joseph
@Paul Watkins
@Craig Patteson
@Daniel Lee
@Ariciuc Razvan
@Jari Vinnari
@Risto Kappet
@Franklin Stegink
@Nox
@Warren Schembri
@Mark Breslin
@Anders Nilsson
@Tal [Promoted]
@ARG1980 [Promoted]
@Genci Estebanez [Promoted]
@JeffL [Promoted]
@Sharjeel [Promoted due to Absence]

SERVER 2
@Sven-Arne Andersson [Relegated]
@Fábio Assunção [Relegated]
@bömii [Relegated]
@Jonathan Menéndez [Relegated]
@Andrew Harper [Reported Absent]
@Pär Öqvist
@Sam Smith
@Theo van den Brink
@Sk3ptik0n
@Tim Ling
@Rolf Just
@Fab #28
@Antmerino
@Jason [Reported Absent]
@Yuri
@vitor sousa

Attachments

• Goiania-Red-Zone.jpg
    Goiania-Red-Zone.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
2 extra notes for all drivers:
If you DNF, please do not quit the server until the race is over unless absolutely necessary. Leaving the server causes a moment of lag on the broadcast. Minimise the game, do other stuff, but when possible please don't disconnect until the race has finished.
2. Some people have previously reported some stutters at this track (particularly with the Formula Vees, not the V8s); check if it runs smoothly for you before the race, maybe lower your graphics if need be. Thanks!

Would it not be more sensible to extend the redzone into the first hairpin (essentially making it the entirety of sector 1)?

As far as I understand the red zone is in place to discourage lap 1 mishaps - the first hairpin will be a larger pinch point than the first corner, with cars coming in hot after a very fast section of track, which can cause accidents, especially considering there are multiple lines to that corner. Some drivers may take a wide entry, others may brake along the inside on a tight line, and some guys might go up the middle. I can see this being a little sketchy.

I expect all drivers to race fairly the entire race. I see your point, though.

All Drivers please review updated red zone:
Goiania-Red-Zone.jpg

Last edited:
I am as happy with my 23rd place finish as the podium guys are. For me, staying in server 1 was my goal, and I made it! Not bad for a slow coach like me :) I'm staying in server 1 picking up valuable points.

Thanks all for the race. I'll do the usual race replay reviews, red zone, etc, on Monday/Tuesday. Any reports please get them to me by 21:00 GMT on Tuesday in order to have them considered.

Congrats RISTO !

Q:
Not my best time, no idea what happened couldn't focus and ended up with a slow lap and a moving road block for a few drivers (sorry about that).
R: Race was over in lap 1 the 3'rd corner, couldn't avoid the carnage in front of me and lost my wing (54 s pit stop and that's all, got lapped and to my surprise found people defending when I was trying to un-lap myself so got the most I could out of the race (dead last).

P.S. At least I now got a chance to win a race (in server 2).

Had some great racing mid pack in the last few laps! Unfortunately I got punted off track pretty hard lap one and sustained some damage, but luckily the car still drove okay so it didn't end my race at least. Frustrating, but still had some fun after that.

Terrible race from start to finished started 21st was running p12 in practice had a good start made so places up at first corner then all went wrong by turn 3 partly my fault (I smell some point deductions coming my way) then had a good battle from p16 went into pits and it fixed my damage when I told it not to so that also ruined my race came in a lonely 19th roll on next Saturday already practicing congrats to podium and all other drivers I will be stronger next race well at least I hope :)

Good right up @Austin Ogonoski , I enjoyed it.

[mod edit: take it to PM]

I knew after he did pass me that he would disappear so I made sure to get back infront by a block pass into to the chicane and then tried my best to gap those behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline