VSCC S3 | Round 3 @ Goiania - Sat 23 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the first LAP (edited) incident killed any high hopes for my race. The whole race was a mess to me, really, since the start.
But I guess I brought that to myself, with a extremely poor Qualy effort, way way bellow what I could have done.
I was annoyed that with such a high level of driving around here, people were ripping off the distance boards like crazy, and that messed with my concentration. To me this is worse than exceed track limits, by far. Anyway, will not happen again on my part.
On the big one at the first lap, I was about to get away from the confusion, but then Ryan Seltzer spun right into me, first crash. I was already almost parked and damaged, and there it goes Anders Nilsson spinning right into me, and crash again...
Result...basically dead last of the cars running, and almost 10 seconds behind the second to last.
After that, I got my head down and just wanted to finish the race, as the car was not bad to drive.
16th at the end was a bad result...but considering where I was in the first lap, was a nice recovery and staying in Server 1.

Better luck next time, hopefully.

Last edited:
What a tragic race that was :(. Lap 1 didn't help, need to watch the replay to watch what happened there.
Had some nice fighting with @Angelo dos Santos in the first stint, had to use a few P2P to keep within drafting distance a few times. Had no real overtaking opportunity.

Pitted the same lap as Angelo. Was indecisive in the stop, couldn't decide on no tyres or left hand only. Eventually decided on left hand only just a few meters from the pit box, this was a decent decision I think and i'm sure Angelo did the same strategy.

In the second stint I got to watch the awesome battle between @Angelo dos Santos @Anders Nilsson @Slalom823 . It's a real shame I couldn't catch up to the group, made a couple of stupid mistakes as a loss of concentration sat in, it was a joy to watch the others battling ahead though, really great driving if it's not shown on the broadcast you should watch the replay.

Would like to apologise to @Flammenjc too. I was fighting for position for a corner or two before realising he was one of the leaders, hopefully I didn't hold you up too much.

That goes as a whole I was probably fighting for position a little too much when I should've been focussed on working with other drivers to close the gap ahead.

Not at all happy with 18th this week and hope to do much much better next saturday.

Last edited:
Would like to apologise to @Flammenjc too. I was fighting for position for a corner or two before realising he was one of the leaders, hopefully I didn't hold you up too much.
Not to worry man. It cost me a little but in the grand scheme it didn't change anything but thanks for the apology it takes a man to hold up their hands!

In depth reults (Quali and race): http://simresults.net/150524-Pn0

Yeah, I think for sure this race is one to forget for the team, obviously on the first lap my teammate @Frank was involved in a big shunt that yeah unfortunately eliminated any chances of him staying in server 1. Obviously not happy with the race stewards' ruling, for sure, I don't think it was fair to hand Frank a stop & go penalty for an incident he was a victim of, and for sure I hope the organizers and RD will flip the decision and yeah, perhaps compensate our team in some way for sure. So.... yeah... obviously any good result I had has been soiled by the misfortune of my teammate. Looking forward to Cordoba.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back