VSCC S3 | Round 2 @ Taruma - Sat 16 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round-2-Banner.jpg

All drivers are expected to show up. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event will automatically receive a 2 point penalty regardless of the reason.

Practice: Open all day of the event (server is already up)
Qualifying: 19:05 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (50 minutes).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. Refueling and tyre changes are permitted, but are not mandatory. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting. Fuel and tire wear will be normal 1x. Assists will not be available except for auto-clutch.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turn 1 are considered a red zone (see map below). Additionally, the hairpin on lap 1 is also a red zone. This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races.

Taruma-Red-Zone.jpg

Example of track limits for a track.
Additional Track Limits Information
Track limits seem to be a running theme this season, so here is some information regarding Taruma to avoid any confusion. The white lines denote the track limit. Where there no white lines, you are permitted to run wide onto the kerbs, so long as they have returned 2 wheels to the track before the white line resumes. (Before anyone asks about similar corners at Brasilia, we were extra strict because it was pre-quali and every 1000th of a second mattered; regardless, track limits for Brasilia were very clearly explained prior to the event.)
Example 1: Here, you may run wide as there is no white line; or it is on the far side of the kerb.
GSC 2015-05-12 17-10-52-70.jpg

Example 2: You may use the full width of the start/finish straight, denoted by the white lines.
GSC 2015-05-12 17-10-44-74.jpg

Example 3: You may not run wide at the final turn, as the white line clearly denotes the track limit prior to the kerb.
GSC 2015-05-12 17-10-27-29.jpg

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
TeamSpeak is not mandatory. If you are on TeamSpeak, it is your choice. Therefore, talking on TeamSpeak during any part of any events in the VSCC S3 is permitted. If you don't like hearing people during the race, you don't have to use TeamSpeak. To talk privately with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

SERVER 1
@Neto Nascimento
@Sergio Junior
@Guus
@Frank
@Austin Ogonoski
@Fábio Assunção
@Flammenjc
@Miguel Lopes
@Jon Hicken
@Slalom823
@Angelo dos Santos
@Anders Nilsson
@Raphael Zanardi
@Paul Joseph
@bömii
@Paul Watkins
@Craig Patteson
@Daniel Lee
@Ariciuc Razvan
@Jari Vinnari
@Sven-Arne Andersson
@Risto Kappet [Promoted]
@Franklin Stegink [Promoted]
@Nox [Promoted]
@Sk3ptik0n [Promoted]
@Jonathan Menéndez [Promoted from S2 due to an absence]
@Warren Schembri [Promoted from S2 due to an absence]
@Mark Breslin [Promoted from S2 due to an absence]

SERVER 2
@Pär Öqvist [Relegated]
@Tal [Relegated]
@Sam Smith [Relegated]
@Theo van den Brink [Relegated]
@Andrew Harper
@Sharjeel
@Genci Estebanez
@Tim Ling
@ARG1980
@JeffL
@Rolf Just
@Fab #28 [Reported Absent - LATE]
@Antmerino [Reported Absent]
@Jason [Reported Absent]
@Yuri [Reported Absent]
@vitor sousa [Reported Absent - LATE]
[I am considering opening sign ups for wild car drivers if the server 2 grid gets too small, or merging it with server 1 if it gets very small; please try your best not to be absent!]

Last edited:
I thought "off the track" was "off the track" - the same track limits didn't apply at the Brasilia pre-qual, with there being no white lines next to the curbs there, but here, we can use the full run off because the white lines aren't there?

For example - you yourself posted this screenshot of Kappet running wide in prequal :

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/gsc-2015-05-03-12-55-26-87-jpg.91455/

This was classed as out of bounds, but this is legit -

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/gsc-2015-05-12-17-10-52-70-jpg.92653/

You even said yourself in a discussion prior to prequal - the curbs are NOT the track.

I don't have a problem with the runoff area being used, I in fact encourage it. We all want to push our limits; but my main point is where is the consistency with this ruling? I see your point of the following -

"Before anyone asks about similar corners at Brasilia, we were extra strict because it was pre-quali and every 1000th of a second mattered; regardless, track limits for Brasilia were very clearly explained prior to the event."

But shouldn't these same rules be applied in race qualification, where it's similarly close? And during the race, where so far the pace has been separated by 1 second for the first 16 runners?

I thought "off the track" was "off the track" - the same track limits didn't apply at the Brasilia pre-qual, with there being no white lines next to the curbs there, but here, we can use the full run off because the white lines aren't there?

For example - you yourself posted this screenshot of Kappet running wide in prequal :

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/gsc-2015-05-03-12-55-26-87-jpg.91455/

This was classed as out of bounds, but this is legit -

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/gsc-2015-05-12-17-10-52-70-jpg.92653/

You even said yourself in a discussion prior to prequal - the curbs are NOT the track.

I don't have a problem with the runoff area being used, I in fact encourage it. We all want to push our limits; but my main point is where is the consistency with this ruling? I see your point of the following -

"Before anyone asks about similar corners at Brasilia, we were extra strict because it was pre-quali and every 1000th of a second mattered; regardless, track limits for Brasilia were very clearly explained prior to the event."

But shouldn't these same rules be applied in race qualification, where it's similarly close? And during the race, where so far the pace has been separated by 1 second for the first 16 runners?
Hi, yes, I see your points, and hands up, this is a change that looks inconsistent. I want to be completely open to explain it:

My understanding of track limits in the club were always the same, and that's what we did in the pre-quali. I relaxed my personal view on the white line limit/no white line after being better informed in a staff discussion which took place after the pre-quali, and after taking into account the comments I received about pre-quali. I am happy to change my position after this feedback, and only then because track limits have been very clearly described before each event - as everyone has been driving to the same track limits each race, that's not a problem.

I hope that makes the decision process as clear as it can be.

Last edited:
Firstly congratulations to @Tal on a great "win" in server two.

I had what was up until nearly the end a great race, the race setup I'd been working on was amazing to drive with. Great balance and I was able to drive hard, fast laps with no problem. I was probably fast enough to lead the group (in clean air I could lap in the 1m 3's easily) but decided to be cautious at the beginning.

Changed only right side tyres at the pit stop which saved me some time and got back out in 3rd behind @Theo van den Brink and pretty much sat behind him from there.

Towards the end he was locking up badly and I'm not sure if he made a mistake but I caught him too quickly under braking into turn five and made contact. I did stop to let him back on in front of me but he retired on the spot.

With the damage I was carrying around the front of the car wouldn't turn in very well at high speed and I lost 2nd with a few laps to go.

So a bitter sweet race for me, I was having a lot of fun until the last few laps and the car was quick.

I am unable to make race three, and I'll probably get another points deduction again so I think I'll be on Server 2 for the rest of the league at this rate.....:O_o:

Q: Beat my best practice time in qualifying by a lot, no idea how and found myself in a great P11 at start.
R: A few quick mistakes on my part put things into order and I was running 16 (where I think I should be).
Everything went down the drain when I entered pits where for some reason it found some damage (probably the radio wasn't working or smth -car was feeling fine- ) and took an extra 35s to fix it.
A few more mistakes down the road and ended up in 19, not happy but an improvement form the first race.

P.S. GTA moment -

Had a good race was runing just out side the top 10 then made my pitstop but some one else had pitted just in front of my garage and their car was just in my red zone so I couldn't pit till he left really ruined my race finished where I started p16 will be looking to improve on that next weekend

Q: Beat my best practice time in qualifying by a lot, no idea how and found myself in a great P11 at start.
R: A few quick mistakes on my part put things into order and I was running 16 (where I think I should be).
Everything went down the drain when I entered pits where for some reason it found some damage (probably the radio wasn't working or smth -car was feeling fine- ) and took an extra 35s to fix it.
A few more mistakes down the road and ended up in 19, not happy but an improvement form the first race.

P.S. GTA moment -
What on earth happened there?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%