VSCC S3 | Round 1 @ Cascavel - Sat 9 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round-1-Banner.jpg

All drivers are expected to show up. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event will automatically receive a 2 point penalty regardless of the reason.

Practice: Open all day of the event
Qualifying: 19:05 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (50 minutes).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. Refueling and tyre changes are permitted, but not required. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting. Fuel and tire wear will be normal 1x. Assists will not be available except for auto-clutch.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turn 1 are considered a red zone (see map below). This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races.

Cascavel-Red-Zone.jpg

Example of track limits for a track.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
TeamSpeak is not mandatory. If you are on TeamSpeak, it is your choice. Therefore, talking on TeamSpeak during any part of any events in the VSCC S3 is permitted. If you don't like hearing people during the race, you don't have to use TeamSpeak. To talk privately with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

SERVER 1
@Neto Nascimento
@Sergio Junior
@Guus
@Frank
@Austin Ogonoski
@Fábio Assunção
@Flammenjc
@Miguel Lopes
@Jon Hicken
@Fab #28
@Slalom823
@Angelo dos Santos
@Anders Nilsson
@Raphael Zanardi
@Paul Joseph
@bömii
@Paul Watkins
@Pär Öqvist
@Tal
@Craig Patteson
@Daniel Lee
@Jason
@Ariciuc Razvan
@Yuri
@Jari Vinnari
@Sam Smith
@Theo van den Brink
@Sven-Arne Andersson

SERVER 2
@Warren Schembri
@Andrew Harper
@vitor sousa
@Jonathan Menéndez
@Sharjeel
@Sk3ptik0n
@Genci Estebanez
@Antmerino
@Nox
@Tim Ling
@Risto Kappet
@ARG1980
@JeffL
@Mark Breslin

Last edited:
The right answer to that would be "try it and see what happens".
I think the rules are pretty clear and simple, don't try any "brave" moves in the first 2 corners (it's a 50 min race anyway, that kinda stupid even without the red zone there).
Anyone starting to wonder if I can do that .. or this ..is clearly forgetting that it's not a sprint race and focusing too much on the start instead of the whole race.

Last edited:
I don't set it to parc ferme but Warren is correct and by default you won't be able to change it between sessions

So between quali and race, only tyres and fuel can be changed? Everything else is locked? What about the brake bias?
I don't know about between sessions, I only meant in the race session. I guess the Friday club event will be useful for more than one reason :thumbsup:

Any information from today's club race would be helpful I'm sure. Also, I assume if the car gets damaged in qualifying it will still be fixed at the race start, does this sound correct?

Speaking of damage, when I drive my car to the pits and stop within my designated pit area (not ESC to the pits) , it is never repaired during pit stopage time. Although there is refuelling and tyre change but the damaged parts of the car are still in yellow after I drive out. Is this a glitch or is there something else I need to do when I make pit menu selections on the fly? I do press the "pit request" after affecting the changes in pit menu.

Speaking of damage, when I drive my car to the pits and stop within my designated pit area (not ESC to the pits) , it is never repaired during pit stopage time. Although there is refuelling and tyre change but the damaged parts of the car are still in yellow after I drive out. Is this a glitch or is there something else I need to do when I make pit menu selections on the fly? I do press the "pit request" after affecting the changes in pit menu.

From my understanding the car is never fully repaired 100%, more so that it is drive-able.
Could be wrong with that.

I've never carried damage over from quali to race, but I've never specifically checked.

As for repairs, check your PLR and turn smart pit crew off; it will mean it won't auto repair damage, but you have the option in the LCD so you have more control.

As for the rest of the questions, and specifically pit stop questions, you'll have to do your own research and testing - this is a league after all ;)

I've never carried damage over from quali to race, but I've never specifically checked.

As for repairs, check your PLR and turn smart pit crew off; it will mean it won't auto repair damage, but you have the option in the LCD so you have more control.

As for the rest of the questions, and specifically pit stop questions, you'll have to do your own research and testing - this is a league after all ;)
Well Andrew, in the mini Championship it was mandatory so I just to be 100% if its mandatory or not. For what I can read, its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%