VSCC S3 | Round 1 @ Cascavel - Sat 9 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first league race at RaceDepartment and all I can say is I'm very impressed with how things are run here. I've really enjoyed the small amount of racing I've had here. Last night was no exception, although I was a little annoyed I didn't manage to finish. I'd climbed from 18th I think to 9th place when under a little pressure I pressed the 'Push-To-Swap Ends' button, well that's what I've re-named it for myself! I pressed it before I had straightened up, bad mistake! I ended up spinning and crashing into the wall and bursting into flames! Don't worry I'm okay though despite my elderly frame! First time I've raced with push-to-pass so a valuable lesson learned there.:thumbsup:

I think the Broadcast team are exceptional and have enjoyed watching the two broadcasts for the series so far, great job guys. While I'm at it, I don't believe for a second that it was the commentators curse that put me out of the race, although it's a much better excuse than the 'Push to Swap Ends' theory. :laugh: Looking forward to the next race.

Fantastic race :D Very eventful first half with a lot battling, then after the pitstop it all calmed down around me because people were on different strategies. I thought It would be a comfortable win for a while when I had a 20 second gap to Neto, but he caught up very rapidly with his fresh(er) tyres to only <2 seconds in the end. Going to be interesting to see what strategy will work better in the next rounds because it is clearly very close :) Also thumbs up to Neto for giving the position back after our contact, that was very nice of you:thumbsup:

Organisation and the broadcast were top notch too, thanks RD and Andrew for making this league possible. I cant wait for the next round

Reactions: Nox
What a great evening of racing! ( for the most..) I am not so happy with myself..:cautious:..Had a fantastic start and due to some accidents after 2 laps i was from 23 to 14th place!! Said to my self to stay calm and take no risks...soon the 'accidentel' guys catched up with me again so then the pressure was building up:confused:..still saying to my self; keep calm! thought i let them pass and hook on but then the stupid mistake was made...to much thinking is not good..:rolleyes: overshoot the fast left into that slow right and the car started to slide..unfortunetly it slided back on track on the inside of the corner..sorry to Skyring..nothing i could do anymore and because of the crash my engine was broke and did not want to start anymore...shame this costs me the place in server 1 i am afraid..
Thanks for organizing and the great commentators!

I watched the broadcast replay last night and I must say it was fantastic! Really high quality viewing and an exciting race. It's just a pity I'm so rubbish that I'll never get any air time! :redface: :roflmao:

I had a really good race in the end, finishing 15th after starting 20th. My pre race checklist was, 1. avoid relegation, 2. try and finish the race in a respectable position and 3. hope that nothing bad happens :laugh: I think I managed to tick all the boxes on this ocassion! I had some really good battles throughout, but always managed to come away second best, although I somehow kept Daniel behind me towards the end to take 15th.

Congrats to Guus for the win! And commiserations to my unlucky team mate who found the push-to-swap ends button! ;)

Okay, provisional results are done! See here.
On a personal note, it is nice to have been in S2, and finished high enough to not only make the main server next week, but be placed 24th overall. Not bad for me.

Tomorrow, I will be looking at the red zones, as well as investigating the reports I have received so far (one crash/spin incident, and two regarding track limits). If anyone has any other reports, please PM them to me by tomorrow evening. Thank you all for your patience as I work through it all.

The VSCC Practice server at Taruma is also up!

Why is server 2 winner listed as having a win? And those in server two listed as having a podium?

For Example, walk racing would only have one win, as server 2 first place was only good enough for what 29th or so?

@Flammenjc it just does that, because it uses the results files from both servers, where technically the guys in server 2 did 'win' a race. Don't worry, it won't interfere with the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%