VSCC S3 | Round 1 @ Cascavel - Sat 9 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jon Hicken I will grab the replays after the race to check the red zone. Any other incidents are up to drivers to report, I can't watch back everyone's races, I am just one guy! If you see someone in quali breaking track limits to beat your time, report them post race. If you see the car ahead pulling a gap to you in the race because they go wide all the time, report them. if you get overtaken because someone exceeded track limits, report them. Note the point though - repeated infringements, not just a one off. Just as in real life, the drivers usually get a warning first, a driving standards flag, and then a penalty.

I'd like to think everyone would just stick to the rules, but that is being very optimistic, especially because everyone will really be pushing hard. Please everyone keep track limits in mind. I'd rather not spend the majority of my time dealing with such a simple rule being breached all the time, I don't want to sound like a broken record. Basically, it is in the hands of you, the drivers.

Also Yuri will do the vote to quali for your server (I'll be on TS with him at the time)

Pole on race reports... Short one. Yuri I think it was came flying from the wall nothing anybody could do about that. Into the pits 75 second repair then stop and go. Then another stop and go dizzy from the crash. Then got out in the traffic didn´t feel right to keep out to secure a place among the 23. Messing with other peoples races not being allowed to race anyone and having to stop on every straight letting guys through.

How is blue flags generally treated in sprint racing like this? This 75 % rule encourage people to stay out but I guess for most it´s more work then fun just to secure a spot on the server.

Server 2:

Risto was to fast for the whole pack.
My goal was to finish the race and make no mistakes.

My qualify was good enough for place 2.

The race was a lonely one.
Risto pull a gap in the first lap about 3 sec.
We started with 15 drivers and 5 drivers have make it to the finish.

Had a quick car but messed up on pit strategy. Saw Guus go in, decided to stay out two more laps than I should have.

Killer racing up front for the first 20 minutes. Was shouting at the monitor quite a bit.

Had a good race bad qualifying started 22nd or 23rd made up a lot of places due to other people crashing and having some good battles with other racers managed to finsh p14 glad i managed to stay in sever 1 for next race can't wait :)

Well, this was an unmitigated disaster. For starters, my wife was sick last night, so I got into the server at 11:45 PST but I can barely keep my eyes open.

I load my pre-prepared setup for quali and amazingly I finish P6. The race starts and my car gets totally sideways. My apologies to those around me, it was all I could do to keep the car on track. I wasn't trying to wreck you.

Somehow I end up in P4 and then after the driver in front stuffed it, in P3. I would have been happy with that, but suddenly the gas alert comes up. Way too soon.

By mistake I had loaded the qualification setup instead of the race one. Not even the good one. One I had discarded.

With 30 minutes to go I come in for a pit and decide to mount 4 tires and I fiddled with the fuel. Of course my notes on that were totally off and because I had left my phone in the car I had started racing without my dashboard app which would have informed my decision much better.

Somehow, I get back to P3 and I am coasting for a podium. I kept the car on track for 50 minutes without an error.

with about 5 minutes to go the fuel light comes on. I forgot where the fuel indicator is in GSCX as I always use my dash app instead.

I run out of cas on the back straight right before the pits. I think I finished P4 only because P5 was several laps behind.

I can't wait to see what I can [mod edit: please don't swear, even censored versions] up next week.

By the way, I have had a couple of rough weeks with my wife's health. I probably missed this, but how do we get back to server one if that is possible at all?

Server 2 was fine, and even before almost everyone retired I was already in podium zone, so I didn't get there because of the retirements, but I really would like to go back up to server one to get some more cars on track. It was a lonely race today.

I finished on the podium in server 2. Bet you weren't expecting that!
I certainly wasn't.

Thanks all for racing. Had some great battles with Antonio! And thanks to the broadcast team too!

Server 2 was fine, and even before almost everyone retired I was already in podium zone, so I didn't get there because of the retirements, but I really would like to go back up to server one to get some more cars on track. It was a lonely race today.
You finished top 5 which means you'll be in server 1 next week. I will, of course, confirm this during the week after all the results have been finalised.

Bad luck at the end there, I couldn't believe my luck. And, I hope things get better for you and your wife soon; get well soon.

@Pär Öqvist the guy bouncing off the wall was me. Yuri was taken out by my incident.

And thats all I have to say about that.

ForrestGump2.jpg

Beat server 1 pole in quali, had great pace and made no mistakes at all, so was looking forward to comparing my final time with server 1 but i had 2L less than neccesary so i saved fuel for some laps and waited at the s/f line for 30 seconds to get one lap less so i wouldnt run out lol.
Looking forward to seeing the broadcast and very happy about the level of coverage of this league but still dont think i will get over the fact of not being in server 1 for the first race... see you next week then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%