VSCC S3 | Absences

Status
Not open for further replies.
796xZwb.jpg

When you sign up, you are agreeing to be present during all races of the season unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. Absences need to be reported at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will automatically lead to a 2 point penalty regardless of the reason, and may result in exclusion from future leagues. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action without giving any notice, the race staff reserve the rights to suspend you from racing at RaceDepartment for a period of time.

Please use this template when reporting an absence.
  • Name & Surname:
  • Round number(s):
  • Reason:

I will have to miss this. I'm supposed to be starting a new job within the company very soon. So I won't know what my schedule will be like.
It's a real shame because in the Mini league, I only had 1 solid good race and 1 race that went ok. All other events, I let myself down. Then lately in the club events, I have been improving on consistency, good composure, and accepting my driving ability by racing within my own comfort zone. I was looking forward to this, and expecting to produce results that I would be happy with.
You guys have fun out there, @Nox, if possible, I'd like to participate as reserve driver. If it's ok, I'll sign up in the sign up section but only as reserve.

Name and Surname: Dean Solomon
Rounds missed: All
Reason: It has been confirmed that I have been chosen for the new position within the company. I will begin training this weekend and next week. And my shifts will include 2 weekends on at least to begin with. I'm very pleased with this new opportunity. I have been waiting about a month now for confirmation. I began to think I wasn't going to get it. I'm a bit disappointed that I will miss the league. BUT I will try to join some club events when I'm available. Good luck to you all! This will be what the title of the game displays... EXTREME!!!;)

Name and Surname: Dean Solomon
Rounds missed: All
Reason: It has been confirmed that I have been chosen for the new position within the company. I will begin training this weekend and next week. And my shifts will include 2 weekends on at least to begin with. I'm very pleased with this new opportunity. I have been waiting about a month now for confirmation. I began to think I wasn't going to get it. I'm a bit disappointed that I will miss the league. BUT I will try to join some club events when I'm available. Good luck to you all! This will be what the title of the game displays... EXTREME!!!;)
Good luck with the new job opportunity!

Sorry but I cannot make the quali, end of work project craziness, GLA

Name: Robin Kraak
Rounds: All
Reason: Our daughter has been born!! Priorities are with managing the family now and I cannot commit to this season of simracing goodness.
I'll be back!
Congratulations! Enjoy the long restless nights!

Enjoy her; the biggest thing that got me when we had our second daughter was how similar yet how completely different she was to our first (that probably sounds contradictory, but you'll see what I mean :D)

Yuri Kasdorp
Round 2
You know, that thing I've been going on and on about that happens in the eiffelwald :D

• Tim Ling
  • Round 2
  • Reason: Family sickness. I may be able to be there, but only a 60% chance, sorry

• Name & Surname: Fabrizio Telasio
  • Round number(s): 2 - Taruma
  • Reason: I wont be able to come back home in time to race owing to work
Good luck all and have fun guys ;)

Making this in behalf of Vitor Sousa because he won't be home until later tonight.

• Name & Surname: Vitor Sousa
  • Round number(s): 2 - Taruma
  • Reason: Won't be home until later tonight due to professional commitments.

Sorry for the late call.

• Name & Surname: Andrew Harper
  • Round Number: 3 - Sat 23 May 2015 - Goiania
  • Reason: Going to inform the admin team of this now. Due to travel arrangements I am unable to make round three on the 23rd. Travelling to Paris and I'm having to catch a flight on the Saturday morning. A shame as Goiania is a great track.
Once again my apologies, loving the league so far, just can't make planes, trains and automobiles work for me on this occasion! :D

• Pär Öqvist
  • Round 5 possibly round 4 as well
  • Reason: I got called in on an old promise to help out at VEC Lemans. 24h race is on the day of round 5 so will for sure miss that one. Shakedown race is on the day of Round 4 but believe I can make that one.

• Name & Surname: Yuri Kasdorp
  • Round number(s): 4 and 5
  • Reason: next week there's a family dinner that got planned, unfortunatly they wouln't plan around my "game" I wanted to play. Round 5 is when the 24h race is which I'll be driving.

Hi guys. I just realized I never apologized to everyone for missing the race last week @ Taruma.

Unfortunately, I had no choice. My wife's blood pressure went from normal to 220/136. Probably higher since she eventually passed out (turns out the 136 is the real dangerous number).

In any case, I barely had the time to leave a post on the forum and I had to drive her to the Emergency. Once she was released I had to take her all over the place: doctors, tests, etc. and I completely forgot to post here.

Incidentally, my wife's health is also the reason I haven't got more involved with organizing races (and participating) here at RD. She has been sick now for 3 or 4 years but she got a bit better a few months ago. Turned out to be a false hope.

As a rule, if you guys don't see me at the track when I have a race scheduled, you can pretty much assume that something this bad must have happened, otherwise I don't usually flake out for no reason. I think this is the first time I miss a race without giving ample warning.

Once again, my apologies to you all.

Hi guys. I just realized I never apologized to everyone for missing the race last week @ Taruma.

Unfortunately, I had no choice. My wife's blood pressure went from normal to 220/136. Probably higher since she eventually passed out (turns out the 136 is the real dangerous number).

In any case, I barely had the time to leave a post on the forum and I had to drive her to the Emergency. Once she was released I had to take her all over the place: doctors, tests, etc. and I completely forgot to post here.

Incidentally, my wife's health is also the reason I haven't got more involved with organizing races (and participating) here at RD. She has been sick now for 3 or 4 years but she got a bit better a few months ago. Turned out to be a false hope.

As a rule, if you guys don't see me at the track when I have a race scheduled, you can pretty much assume that something this bad must have happened, otherwise I don't usually flake out for no reason. I think this is the first time I miss a race without giving ample warning.

Once again, my apologies to you all.
There's no need to apologise; clearly family comes waaay before sim racing. I am sure everyone understands. I'll leave you on the list; if things pick up a bit and you can join us for the next two rounds, drop in, no pressure (and if not, no worries either!). You're very welcome. All the best to you and your wife; I hope she feels better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%