VSCC S2 | Round 4: Cascavel | 22 December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well report the guys by making a vid please,
This way it will be stopped, if they have done wrong,
which bit don't you understand
i don't want to see the post race finger pointing !!!!

I'm sure you're not talking to me, as I'm not pointing fingers, since I didn't mention any names. Also, I was doing it for fun, thus I don't really have the time to make a whole video for an incident that will have no consequence in the end, as it isn't FSR or some other life-changing league. :notworthy:

And I always injure myself trying to capture vids anyway. :rolleyes:

Good work on the hosting, by the way. Thanks Rupe and Scott :) :thumbsup:

Is it legal to point a finger at yourself? Cause my pace sucked. Decent qually lap, but the race was hopeless. As usual I stuck with the leaders for the first few laps, then I started to sail back through the field. Ran most of the race alone and at the end I just made sure I didnt make any mistakes so Guus didnt get by. 4th was actually a spot further up the order than I was expecting, but only because Guus forgot how to drive.

I'd like to thank the organizers for the league, especially Rupe who has done a tremendous job in setting everything up. Paint schemes, praccy server, you name it. You're an asset to the league and hopefully someone rewards you for the job. The other admins deserve a creditable notion aswell.

Hopefully RD will continue to support GSC in 2014, be it these cars or something similarly exotic/exiting like the Formula Classic (hint! ;)).

And finally; congratulations to Emanuel for the championship win, thouroughly deserved :)

First 5 or so laps slightly ruined by a certain mister, who knows who he is, who has no spatial consideration or judgement, and after consulting on TS, I was not the only one who was having a problem with him throughout the weekend
I'm sure you're not talking to me, as I'm not pointing fingers, since I didn't mention any names. Also, I was doing it for fun, thus I don't really have the time to make a whole video for an incident that will have no consequence in the end, as it isn't FSR or some other life-changing league. :notworthy:
Come One Dewald :). This is as bad as naming someone. You know what Rupe was referring to.

The attitude of "No Consequence", will never lead to any improvement.
Remember, posting a report is not about being an ass to your other drivers. It's about getting a non-emotional, independent view of a situation that occurred. The whole idea about a report, is learning. Both yourself, and the other. Making a vid, which is basically 5 minutes of work, it doesn't need to be able to win an Oscar, helps others as well. Thats what a community is about.

For years, we have the same rules at RD. Do NOT publically discuss incidents, as there is no need for ranting along (as thats what those discussions normally lead to). Let the situation be checked by staff. Please respect those rules as you have done all those years....

I really encourage you all to send in a report in case something happened. We will have a look at that and with that hope to help improving all who drive around here.

Come One Dewald :). This is as bad as naming someone. You know what Rupe was referring to.

The attitude of "No Consequence", will never lead to any improvement.
Remember, posting a report is not about being an ass to your other drivers. It's about getting a non-emotional, independent view of a situation that occurred. The whole idea about a report, is learning. Both yourself, and the other. Making a vid, which is basically 5 minutes of work, it doesn't need to be able to win an Oscar, helps others as well. Thats what a community is about.

For years, we have the same rules at RD. Do NOT publically discuss incidents, as there is no need for ranting along (as thats what those discussions normally lead to). Let the situation be checked by staff. Please respect those rules as you have done all those years....

I really encourage you all to send in a report in case something happened. We will have a look at that and with that hope to help improving all who drive around here.

I guess you misunderstood the point of my post, then. I was giving an honest account of my race, and this happened to be a big part of it. I never said anyone should get punished.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way ;)

I guess you misunderstood the point of my post, then. I was giving an honest account of my race, and this happened to be a big part of it. I never said anyone should get punished.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way ;)
No problem :)

But, if you say it "happened to be a big part of it", then why no report? How do you expect that "certain" driver to improve his behavior? His behavior is now not being addressed? (Ow, and I do not want a name here, I just want to know why you are not sending in a report, if it was such a big part of your race that was influenced by it....)

No problem :)

But, if you say it "happened to be a big part of it", then why no report? How do you expect that "certain" driver to improve his behavior? His behavior is now not being addressed? (Ow, and I do not want a name here, I just want to know why you are not sending in a report, if it was such a big part of your race that was influenced by it....)

Some of us racers do accept certain behaviours because they're just calm and don't want to argue about incidents.
However that means you need to tell the "aggressor" that it was not ok what he did and hopefully he is clever enough to better his behaviour in the future (if not he is an a-hole anyway and nothing will change him)
This way there is no need for punishments from "above" because that only causes additional aggressions.

Sorry for OT, just some IMHO on psychological meanings of shaming and punishing :)

And for the racing: Unfortunately I wasn't able to drive the last race because of the holidays, but I really hope there will be another season in 2014!
Therefore, thanks to the staff for organizing and Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to point out that an incident report is no bad thing ;)

Off course there are incidents which you can discuss, or for which a simple Oops on TS is enough. I do not want to argue with that, and I encourage that as well!

But when you do a league, a series of events, there are simply some incidents that deserve a consequence. It has nothing to do with getting even, just with being fair. An unfair gained advantage can be corrected that way. Thats 1 of the cool things of running a league instead of a club event. Again, not to get even, but just to keep competition fair.

People feel ashamed for a report, while they should not. Its not about getting even, its about keeping it fair in results. And yes, the occasional tap and paint scratching, can certainly be settled off track by a simple chat, or sorry.

Pretty awesome race here for only my second league race!

I was lapping in the 1.04s before Qualifying then suddenly I hit a 1.03.3s during Qualifying, putting me 12th.

Start was good and I kept a consistent pace, watching the titanic battle for 5th unfold. Unfortunately on lap 12 I lost control going into the fast sweeper, running up the embankment and hitting an annoying invisible wall which damaged my car somewhat... :( After that incident, my car was not running as smoothly as it was, but my pace was still consistent.

I decided to pit later than everyone else, because I kept changing my strategy. :roflmao: This resulted in some rubbing and racing with the leaders whilst I was partially distracted by changing my tire choices. Apologies to the leaders if I was obstructing too much!

@Damien Wintz was catching me in the final stages (I was the "Spain Car" :laugh:), and after he spun I winded down my pace to accept a superb 8th!

Big thanks go to all the participants for FANTASTIC racing and to the organisers at RaceDepartment for the professional organisation!
This may be my first RD league, but it will certainly not be my last... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back