VSCC S2 | Round 3: Londrina | 15 December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round3_zps632093e8.png

Practice: Server will be up all week for practice
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes) parc ferme
Warm-up:
19:50 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT 42 Laps ( this is a lap only race )
Note: normal tire wear, normal fuel use

Special notes for the race:
This Race will be a standing start, Please take care and stick to your line, any driver who deviates from his line and causes a accident will be deemed at fault (if this happens in the red zone)
the red zone will be reviewed by the admins automatically, we have introduced this so that every single driver takes care when the race starts, penalties will be severe!

"2.2 In order to place some control over the possibility of first lap incidents we will consider the area between the “Start Line”, (including the your starting grid possition), until the end of the designated RZ area marked on the trackmap included in each driver briefing to be “The Red Zone” where passing is to be conducted with extreme care. Should an incident occur because a driver chooses to pass in this “Red Zone” the driver making the pass will be held responsible for the incident.

Server 1 name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC 1
Server password: click here
Teamspeak password: click here
Racing rules: click here (every driver must read this!)
Skinpack: Click me
Alternative: Click me

On pit exit please stay over to the right hand side until you are up to race speed and filter into any traffic safely
Don't forget there is a hard braking zone ahead of you !!
pit%20Exit.png

The only set off lights on the grid are circled in RED
GSC2013-12-0914-08-05-91_zpscc5a419d.png

When Leaving the Pit take extra care for oncoming vehicles
GSC2013-12-0914-10-15-27_zps8097b017.png

Track guide for Londrina

As you exit the pits turn right this will lead you out onto the track. when you pass the pit lights only then you can turn of your pit speed limiter, on exiting the pits stay to the right hand side of the track until you are up to race speed and then filter into any traffic safely.
Please bare in mind in the race it you could enter the track with cars coming up on your rear at full race speed maybe 2 wide so you don't have much room so please think about this. the track sweeps to the right to the right and straight away your into a very heavy breaking zone for a left right chicane, As you enter the chicane there is a nasty bump waiting for you also.
Don not try and ride the kurbs, this really does unsettle the car and make the exit of the chicane very tricky and and lead to a spin quite easily. Its then a short blast in to a double left hander that goes uphill more caution is needed here as you can easily get on the gas to early and spin up the wheels.
As you go over the little crest its a down hill right left chicane,
on the inside of the first part do not get too close to the kurbs there is a nasty raised bright yellow strip that is waiting to kill all the try to take to much, and it will destroy your car and probably cause others problems also if you hit it.
As you Exit the chicane you will see a stack of blue and white tyres on the left hands side this is the end marker for the red zone for the first lap.
RZ2_zps1ae5dccf.png

You are now and the back straight of the circuit, not exactly a straight but a nice slow sweep to the right.
The last few sections of the track are successive left handers getting tighter all the time. you will enter them fast but need to drop your speed slowly and in a controlled manner to get the best of them. hit the kurbs and it will unsettle you car and could cause the rear to get loose on you.
As you enter the last left hander you will see the pit entrance on your right up ahead, if you are pitting now is the time to stay out wide so you can make the yellow entrance line. I don't want to see last second manoeuvres across the whole track in order to get to the pits. you would not want it to happen in front of you so don't do it yourself please.
SMALL_zpsb7466687.png

When entering the pit please stay far right as possible (stay to the other side of the orange line)
Please pay special attention to the second part of the pit entrance there is a nasty kink that can catch you out, Caution is needed !!
pit%20entrance%202.png

Going back to pit entrance its a tight run into the pits. Caution is needed near the final part, as there is a nasty kink to really slow you down. please be careful here.
on entering pit lane in testing we discovered that you maybe be sharing a pit box so double parking may be in effect so you might have to wait your turn to use the pit box for fuel or tyres. Do not just ram into the car please if you see a car in your spot..
you have to wait for the car to leave the box before you can enter.

Your nearly home and dry and the lap complete just the last right hander to go its uphill
so again be careful when stomping on the gas, yes the exit is important so you can carry your speed down the front straight and maybe hit that push to pass button.
to try and overtake,
When driving down the front straight be aware that cars maybe exiting the pits
so don't get all the way over to the right.

There are no exception to the normal rules for track limits See rule 6.1 found
Here
Here is an example
Turn 5, No going wide onto the extra tarmac

GSC2013-12-0914-15-29-29_zpsa63681b0.png

Last edited:
For those who still have a problem when pitting, maybe this will help

Pit stops:
As some of you are new to the way Game Stock Car works with regards to pitstops, we thought it would be convenient to tell you guys how it works.
Remember to request your pitstops whilst you are still driving. If you do not do this while on track, your crew will not be prepared and your pitstop will take longer than necessary. You can request a pitstop with the Pit Request button, which can be mapped in the controls menu. Once you have pressed your Pit Request button, a menu whil show up on the bottom right of the screen. You can navigate this with your LCD toggle keys. Up and down helps you scroll through the menu, Increase and Decrease changes the values.

Fuel:
Let's say, you want to fuel up to 20 liters, press the Increase/Decrease buttons until you have the right value showing in your pit display. One thing to note with the fuel, is that the value shown in the display is what is going to be added during the pitstop, not what it will be fueled up to!

Tyres:
Changing your tyres is something that is strategically very important, do I change all, or only two, meaning I gain a little bit of time in the pits, but maybe my pace on the track will be lacking compared to those that changed all their tyres. Very important to keep in mind when you are racing, as a good tyre strategy can win races!

Driver:
As we are not using the driver swap function in VSCC2, this button is of no importance in this league, but when someone joins your car as a spectator and presses the ''Passenger Select'' button, you are able to select his name, and when you make a pitstop, he will automatically take over control of the car. This function is mainly used in Endurance racing.

Tyre pressure:
So, you are driving in the race and think to yourself: this doesn't feel right, I have no grip at all. I need to change something to make the car handle better. What you can do, is change your tyre pressures during the pitstop. Note that you can also change your tyre pressure's, without actually changing the tyres

By Lars Brugman

After last weeks poor turn out, we have decided just to run one server.
Below you will see the list of who is racing,
The drivers that turned up and raced last week have been combined.
if you are a reserve driver you will be notified..
Reserve drivers will not be racing unless notified by me or Marco.

R3.png

Last edited:
the server is up for testing.
If you are not on the list or you have not been notified do not block up the server space please.

Ok guys lets go racing and have a fun event :)

if you cannot make the event please fill out the absent report found here

voting is enabled on the server so you can restart the weekend if the timer runs out.
Do not advance the server to Qually or Race!!

Any problems tag me, and i will get back to you ASAP :)

Last edited:
I agree, the corner is a rollercoaster and im not able to exactly predict where im going to come out of it. Its too easy to run over the tarmac even if you dont intend to, and quite a bit of time is gained by using it. If we are all allowed to use it it would save the staff a lot of effort and bullshit enforcing that rule, because im sure there will be a lot moaning after the race about drivers using the extra tarmac. Especially because its right before an overtaking zone and it can really help your exit

When you signed up to the league you was all asked to read the rules.
in there it is stated under 6.1 The track and cutting
So just in case you missed it it can be found Here.

So the same rules applies to all who drive.
We have the same kind of rule in the club racing
which you also read when applied for a licence to drive at Racedepartment.

If you see guys breaking the rules make a vid and report it please.
We have a post specially for incidents found Here

Why cant we go over that little tarmac!!! Its the same for all of us :( :sick::mad::cry::thumbsdown:
If we stop using all rules, that would be for all as well. But does that improve the fun?

It's quite simple. Keep it within the lines. In case you DO get over them, unintentionally off course :O_o:, lift your throttle to let the advantage go. It's the same for all the tracks we run, all the races we do. You can always slide off a bit. The issue is how you continue after it....

The rules are simple. 2 wheels in, at all times. If you do slip out, lift so you compensate for the advantage.

In addition to the above mentioned, I would like to inform you all in advance, that excessive cutting will get you a time penalty. Depending on the amount of cutting, this can vary from 10 to 60 seconds.
So, I suggest you lift when you cut by accident, to avoid any problems.

This event will not be streamed. As this is the VWEC weekend as well, both our camera and commentators are busy with that.
The last round however will be streamed live again.

In addition to the above mentioned, I would like to inform you all in advance, that excessive cutting will get you a time penalty. Depending on the amount of cutting, this can vary from 10 to 60 seconds.
So, I suggest you lift when you cut by accident, to avoid any problems.

This event will not be streamed. As this is the VWEC weekend as well, both our camera and commentators are busy with that.
The last round however will be streamed live again.
Will highlights of all the rounds still be made after the championship?

Hey Guys, last night I couldn't go on the server because the password wasn't working. Now I read it has been fixed, but I can't see any servers at all. Is there a way to force the servers from displaying? What could be causing it? I haven't changed a thing from last night and my firewall is setup properly.

EDIT: It says that "Internet Matchmaking for GSC is temporarily unavailable."

I guess I have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%