VSCC S2 | Round 2: Jacarepaqua | 8 December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question... on the long straight there is a white line to the right, and judging by the rubber in the braking zone for t7 this line is the track limit. Are we allowed to run all the way to the wall or do we have to stay left of the line? Its a straight so its not going to make any difference, just for overtaking I want it to be clear

<mod edit> @Scott Webber

Last edited by a moderator:
Better to tag Scott, Guus when you have a question

Second server is up for the reserve drivers. VSCC2
You will see it is set for 28 laps or 50 mins time and laps now on race distance whichever is first.

If the server rolls over to qually, you now have the option to vote for a Event Restart. (restart weekend)
only 50% of drivers need to vote.
Or you can all leave the server and it will reset.
please all work together when in the server by voting. :)
Under no circumstances will a Race Restart vote be allowed. You have been warned!!

Remember you will still need the league liveries if you are a reserve driver

Last edited:
I have a question... on the long straight there is a white line to the right, and judging by the rubber in the braking zone for t7 this line is the track limit. Are we allowed to run all the way to the wall or do we have to stay left of the line? Its a straight so its not going to make any difference, just for overtaking I want it to be clear

<mod edit> @Scott Webber
hi Guus, yes your are allowed to go all the way to the wall :) , there is no problem in doing that and it does not jepradise anyone, so you all have the all clear ;).

Last edited:
I have a strange problem that just started to occur over the passed 8 hours - where my brake pedal starts acting weird and sometimes when I am practicing I notice that other cars are passing me and I can't keep up, so I exit the practice race and go to Options/Controls and notice that my brake pedal looks like this...
brake_problem.jpg

So I minimize my game and go to my Logitech profiler and unplug both cords from my steering wheel and plug them back in and wait a moment and then I start tapping the gas and brake pedals and everything seem to be working good. I then maximize my game and the pedals seem to test good there too. So I start another practice race and after about 5 laps my car starts feeling slow again, so I go back to Options/Controls and once again my brake pedal looks slightly pressed. I tried restarting my PC and creating a new Logitech profile, but no matter what I do the problem seems to go away and then comes back again later.

So I don't know what to do now. I think I should bail and avoid any embarrass it might cause me later during a race. Again, this problem just started to occur over the passed 8 hours. I don't know if the problem might just go away on it's own, or if my brake pedal might be damaged. I just don't know what is happening or what I should do.

I have a strange problem that just started to occur over the passed 8 hours - where my brake pedal starts acting weird and sometimes when I am practicing I notice that other cars are passing me and I can't keep up, so I exit the practice race and go to Options/Controls and notice that my brake pedal looks like this...
brake_problem.jpg

So I minimize my game and go to my Logitech profiler and unplug both cords from my steering wheel and plug them back in and wait a moment and then I start tapping the gas and brake pedals and everything seem to be working good. I then maximize my game and the pedals seem to test good there too. So I start another practice race and after about 5 laps my car starts feeling slow again, so I go back to Options/Controls and once again my brake pedal looks slightly pressed. I tried restarting my PC and creating a new Logitech profile, but no matter what I do the problem seems to go away and then comes back again later.

So I don't know what to do now. I think I should bail and avoid any embarrass it might cause me later during a race. Again, this problem just started to occur over the passed 8 hours. I don't know if the problem might just go away on it's own, or if my brake pedal might be damaged. I just don't know what is happening or what I should do.

Yes, it's a common problem with certain logitech pedals. Set the deadzone to 1%, 2%, 3% etc. up until the red is gone. You never know, 1% might even be enough.

No amount of reinstalling or restarting, or indeed unplugging will help, since it's a hardware issue(sticky pedal etc.).

Well, it worked, but not enough. I kept setting the deadzone higher like you suggested, but I think my brake pedal is getting worse. When I last checked it Options/Controls it was showing as if being pressed about 10%. My brake pedal definitely has problems :(

So, how many of us can we expect on server 2 ? Last week we were only 11 despite being 14 on the entry list. 50 minutes race with only 11 drivers is not very exciting to be honest.

As you can see above thats pretty hard to rely on when people can't report their absence in a normal timeframe :)

Just too many absence report at the last minute is never good for the progress of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%