VSCC S1 | Round 4: Velopark | 18 December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter fail for me.

Didnt practice enough and could not keep up with the front runners. Qualified 7th I think.

Formation lap was terrible, a lot of brake testing and damage received. Not sure what happened with the last corner as people did not seem to start accelerating straight away. Overtaking was always going to be difficult here and I owe a big apology to Dan Watson for punting him when I tried to pass Ivo, I braked to late and hit you hard. I sat there waiting for you but we had to let all the track through and I fell like a fool.... Sorry mate.

The rest of the race went downhill from there, I had to fight my way through the field and was very annoyed at drivers who had little or no acceptance for driver awareness, if someone is alongside, you must leave room for them, dont turn in on them.

My race was ended when Josh Troy went deep at the final corner and tried to accelerate over the anti cuts and moved across onto the track, tried to avoid him but couldnt and made heavey contact with the wall killing the car.

Thanks Bram, Ivo and RD for the race.

Wow that was a race to forget.

No practice or setup for this race so quickly had to set something up during the last stage of the practice. Couldnt get it right at all and time was passing fast.

In the qualy i modified it more and still didnt feel right. Did a timed lap and saw what was going on. The setup was locked due to the parc ferme settings and saw that i had only setup the left side of the car and forgot the right part (that explains the weird behavior).

Drove the entire race with a car completely out of balance and it was impossible to drive.

As agree i would pit at the halfway marker and Robert would follow a lap later. When I wanted to make my pitstop I missed the entry and realized I never drove in it :) MIssed it the second time by also and the third time I saw Robert in the box so had to postpone it even more :) When I entered I also speeded in the pitlane and that caused me a S/G a lap later.

Continued the race but lost so much time that 13th was my place.

Thank you guys. Thanks to RD, to Bram and not least to the drivers. Super League.

Qualified 5th and thought a good strategy would give me an opportunity to race the top 3. - Didn't happen though... *g

Formation-Lap indeed was horrible. Dunno why there are still people not getting it.

After the start I had a little off and got passed by 2 cars. After that I closed the gap to Ivo and Felix battling for 6th. Great fights there through the hole race. - Then,... I missed the pit entry... Almost T-boned Felix at the hairpin. After my stop the fights went on and in the end I finished 6th with Ivo right behind me due to traffic. All in all it was an entertaining race and I wouldn't mind racing another four rounds with you guys!

Bring on the next Season RD!!!

Quali was a bit below my expectations, drove 50:6 while a 50:2 was clearly possible, still 10th is okay.

The formation lap was chaotic once again, need to see the replay before I can really say something about it. First laps were okay, but then I needed to avoid the spinning Talbot and Watson and spun myself on the grass. A bit further back I had nice fights with Nilsson, Giranthon, Talbot and Hengeveld. Then I was running low on fuel and I was waiting for Bram to pit... and waiting... and waiting... and then I just went in as I had one litre left. Came out of the pits behind Talbot who probably changed 2 tyres only and followed him until he spun. After that I could cruise home for P8.

Good season, I think I finished 9th in the standings despite missing 25% of the races. Congrats to Sene for the win (crazy pace), Gazcella for the title and Bram and Ivo for organizing. Let's see if there will be a follow-up season.

wow this race was great.

don't know how i did it but i made it on P5 in quali which was like P1 for me on a track i don't like :p
i had many great fights with ivo and kenneth for some laps, the highlight of the battle with kenneth was running side by side with great respect for 1 lap, thought it would end in the wall but we made it :) finished the race at P4 which was my PB in this league. grats to the winner and the champion.

many thanks to the admins and racedepartment who organized this league, i'm looking forward to the next :)

Utter fail for me too George! No hard feeling. Thanks for stopping, other drivers haven't done that in previous races.

Qualified 8th, fairly happy with my performance. Another crappy formation lap, but never mind. Battled early on with George Talbot and Ivo Simons, passing them both. Lost out to Felix Luding when trying to pass him, putting me into the wall on the inside of turn 2. That let Ivo and George catch up. Ivo passed me on the back straight, but coming into the next chicane, I got hit quite hard by George, spun round and went down to 14th place. Passed Matt Venn, then Corrado Conti, then got involved in a battle with Patrick Giranthon, Anders Nilsson and Robert Wiesenmueller. Got past Anders and Patrick after they had some issues with Andy Smith, but then, at the same chicane as earlier, myself and Robert touched, sending me spinning, then George hit me again! Caught up to that group again, passing George and Bram Hengeveld. Had a ding-dong battle with George for the next few laps until he pitted.

This is where things go wrong now! I outbraked myself coming into the pits and went past the speed limit mark faster than the speed limit, so was given a penalty. Came in, did a stop go, but then next lap the game disqualified me for not doing a stop go! Gutted.

Thanks to RD for organising this league, it's been brilliant, some great racing. Looking forward to the next one.

Not many train but good race for me.

But I pitted in the same time as Cedric L. Had to wait for 22 seconds...
strange, do you use pits button ? i use it all the time to be sure pits is ready.

Thanks RD , this was a great league, very nice simulator and lot a fun.

Good fun tonight.
Q was oke with 50.3 put me 6th in the grid. Indeed some trouble again on the Formation lap.
Had a good fight with Dan, when i passed him again i saw some cars going sideways in the chicane. But didnt really know what happened (reading it now). After that until the pitstops some good battling with Felix and Kenneth. Lost sometimes a place because of a backmarker but i think we all suffered ones from that. Went abit earlier in the pits. Worked out oke as i had some room to Felix and Kenneth. Could increase the gap a little but when Felix passed Kenneth he catched me quick. Some laps later i lost my FFB in T2 and couldnt catch that slide anymore. Such a shame. So from 5th back to 7th behind Kenneth. Just did my laps. Almost got him out of the last corner in the last lap because he had some problems with a backmaker. I should have saved that P2P. :p
So finished 7th. Bit of a shame but the battling was awesome. :)

Thx to Bram and all the racers Congrats to Emanuel for the championship. :)

4th overall, I am happy with it. :)

I'm so sorry guys for not showing up yesterday but i was without internet all f****** day. Called to my service provider, but they could not do nothing about it because it was a problem somewhere on the street.

This was my unlucky championship.

I would like to thank to Racedepartment for all the effort in organasing this championship, and to Jari for the highlight videos. Once again i'm sorry for what happen yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back