VSCC S1 | Round 2: Interlagos | 27 November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on here?
The formation lap was not optimal, this has been expressed here in the thread. Well, it can happen with new drivers at RD, different understanding of rules. But there is no need to blame other drivers, and there is also no need to quit the league.
Every time incidents happen, you can report them to the race direction (in our case: Bram and Ivo I think) within 24 hours. They have lots of experience and will review the scene. If necessary, some helpful advice will follow or even penalties. I'm sure they will find a sensible decision about the formation lap as well.

so... let's all take a deep breath and do it better next time. :)

No need to keep on going on the same thing either Scott. If it was that bad how come no incident report came my way from you or the "others that voice the same opinion"? In general people always look at others first and forget their own driving.

You can't blame the pace setter all the way up front for causing incidents all the way at the back. Thats ridiculous.
im just saying it could have been a spiral effect then again it may not have been, looking at the replay you guys stayed at a constant 60-80mph which is fine, a few cars ahead, around 4 or 6 is where the problem most likely have occured as they never stuck with the pack on a couple of occasions.

i've just reviewed what i could of the replay, i think it may be corrupted as cars are lagging and cars are going into the garages while the formation and race is happening which is weird..... i done my best on the formation lap just to keep up, nothing bad on my part i don't think , apart from me hitting Ken Hunter at the First lap i believe or 2nd. it's weird as form the replay our cars didn't even touch lol.

mistakes happen ofcourse, and i know this is our first time, so i'll now shut up and see what happens on the 3rd race, i just hope things go smoother on the beginning lap, that is all, or maybe test a standing grid start?

Ivo from the way i read your post it looked like half was on me, ofcourse this is text type i know full well i could have totally read it wrong, apologies.

im not going anywhere, im just a driver who has a big mouth! :D

Believe me if we already have problems on the easiest start of all (Rolling Start Single line)
You dont want to do a Standing Start with 30 cars. Its a young League and we dont know eachother very well atm to have a secure Standing start. :)

The pit limiter is a very good idea. Half a lap might be a slight exaggeration but the distance between front and back was longer than it would be in real life and there was some speeding at the front which has been acknowledged so i am not sure why the race mods are getting so upperty.

Does not help the matter when sarcasm and glib comments come from the organisers. Can we not all get on the same page to improve the experience for everyone?

The racing has been great and real enjoyment for me but the start can be improved so I hope the comments from the participants can be taken on board and clarification given to all racers so we can have a good close clean start next time.

Is there any punishments for speeding on the formation lap?

Believe me if we already have problems on the easiest start of all (Rolling Start Single line)
You dont want to do a Standing Start with 30 cars. Its a young League and we dont know eachother very well atm to have a secure Standing start. :)

I race in an F1 league also and standing start is an issue also. You see people trying to drop the clutch and spin themselves out where people pile into each other. If folks just keep an eye on whats going on in front of them stuff wont happen. PAY ATTENTION

Rolling start is generally the safest way to start (or should be) but you do loose some adrenaline rush what you get with standing start. Standing starts can easily lead to first corner mayhem but with right attitude that can be avoided.
In Touring pro we used dual line rolling start and started racing when race director chatted "green, green". Worked fine.

Well, I know this is not the right topic to ask this:p , but Londrina topic is already closed yet:D . First training day on circuit, making adjustments to setup, learning the racing line and appex, so far 1.12.9, but I´m sure this time can be improved, it wasn´t a perfect lap and I still have some setup resources to change and a week to improve the race line. And you guys?

:confused: For sure this is not my favorite track, I don´t know too much yet, but like I said there are many fields yet to improve in this track. As I know, Gonçalves is very strong in this track, so based on his lap time, I bet on pole time around 1.11.0-1.11.5. I believe I can reach between 1.11.5-1.12.0. But is a dangerous track, in race we can spect for a lot of spins, engines blows (Don´t you think Chinelo?:D) and crashes in turn 1. It will be a survival endurance race.

i need to understand this car a little more...after viewing my replay from interlagos i don't know how to be faster: if i need to brake later, brake more before turn , or just tail braking, or speed up near apex, maybe increase the speed inside turn. pffiou :)

One more thing about the start. There can be many reasons why cars sped up and slowed down. Lag, being new at this. it's not that easy being in formation. I think using the pit limiter for at least part of the pace lap may be boring but much safer.

My biggest complaint was that I saw several cars trying to pass the cars ahead (which, of course, made the passed cars try to regain position). The car behind me attempted to pass at least twice until it actually passed me and I had to pass him again. In the process I got distracted looking at the mirrors trying to figure out what this guy was trying to accomplish.

I would like to propose that unless a car drops to a crawl, or exits the track, we punish passing during the pace lap severely. It should be at least a stop and go if caught by a live admin or a lap dropped once the race is over.

Incidentally, I am not trying to attack the guy behind and I have no idea of who he is. At some point he actually looked confused, as if he tough we were racing, since I was so far back it's possible this person was very new and unclear of the concept. So maybe at Londrina the admins can announce a penalty for all the various infractions.

It may be a good idea for future leagues to have a bullet point lists of things a driver has to agree to before signing up. There are some javascript TOS scripts that won't let you agree until you have actually scrolled the page and (one hopes) read the agreement. Maybe that will work.

But for next time, please let's make sure we avoid racing in the pace lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%