VSCC S1 | Round 2: Interlagos | 27 November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be looking at the formation lap but it appeared to me the front was going far too fast.

Gaining an unfair advantage.

It seemed I was half a lap down by the time I crossed the line for the start of the race.

i wish everyone had that attituide, then this could be a better event, im very dissapointed with the formation lap, i almost smacked into 2 guys because of the speeding up and slowing down proccess, it's ridiclous.

if you take a safe distance you are always okay. I agree the formation lap was too fast. Rules advised 100=120 km/h.

But still the top of the field kept enough space to allow a little harmonica. If you crash into the person in front of you you were too close on him anyway

The big problem was due to the leader not going on final exit. We were so spaced out that we started to gun it off the final turn only to find the front guys didnt go like was stated in the rules.

Like I have already said. The rules stated in the OP say that once the leader passes the final corner he "can speed up as he likes."
So I chose to speed up as I liked. If drivers crashed due to trying to get a flyer on the drivers in front and "hoping" that the leader had put his foot down then that's not the leaders fault. To avoid this happening again the rules should say that the leader "has" to accelerate

Like I have already said. The rules stated in the OP say that once the leader passes the final corner he "can speed up as he likes."
So I chose to speed up as I liked. If drivers crashed due to trying to get a flyer on the drivers in front and "hoping" that the leader had put his foot down then that's not the leaders fault. To avoid this happening again the rules should say that the leader "has" to accelerate

Sorry adrian, I once again have fallen victim to words. I didnt mean it in a bad way, was more or less going on what you had said about your own self not wanting to get passed by someone using p2p. I hadnt even seen the replay. After watching the server replay it appears I am wrong though. You did go on the final turn, I just didnt think that was the final turn so my fault and i apologize :). I considered the left hander at the top of the hill as the final turn and the other part as just a kink. Again, my apologies.

It also says in the rules that you cannot overtake before the start / finish line and that the pace setter remains a speed of 100 to 120 km/h.

The start was terrible as we were almost in a surplace which is not the way to start a race. Speed up as you like means speeding up, not slowing down :)

i'll make a video of the crappest formation lap ever, seriously im not looking forward to the next race simply because of the formation lap.

it's no fun for the backmarkers because by the time we're around the front 10 runners are atleast half a lap ahead already, all because of this speeding up and slowing down nonsense.

Sorry adrian, I once again have fallen victim to words. I didnt mean it in a bad way, was more or less going on what you had said about your own self not wanting to get passed by someone using p2p. I hadnt even seen the replay. After watching the server replay it appears I am wrong though. You did go on the final turn, I just didnt think that was the final turn so my fault and i apologize :). I considered the left hander at the top of the hill as the final turn and the other part as just a kink. Again, my apologies.

No problem Nathan. I will admit though, that I did go off a bit too fast at the start of the parade lap until Emanuel gave me a call over Team Speak and told me to slow the pace a little.I may have been doing about 85mph between T3 and T4. But I think Emanuel who was in 2nd position did stay at the right pace so I'm not sure why there was so much of a "caterpillar effect" taking place further down the line. Although I did notice one driver hit his brakes twice for no reason which caused problems behind him. I think one or two drivers jumped a position at the green lights. Some drivers sped up to 100mph at the green lights. And some drivers were leaving too much of a gap then speeding up and slowing down. So I think a few of us need to pay a little more attention.
Maybe we should do the parade lap using the pit lane speed limiter;)

I know this is not an excuse, but this championship is our first go here at Race Department, so we're trying to accomodate with the rules and procedures as soon as possible. For example, I totally missed the start at Curitiba because I wasn't 100% sure when the leader can start to accelerate, but now I know and I won't miss it again. Same with Adrian, I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose, and that he didn't wanted to cause any problems in the midfield. We'll pay more attention in the future guys! Sorry if we caused any problems, it was far from our intention!

i'll make a video of the crappest formation lap ever, seriously im not looking forward to the next race simply because of the formation lap.

So shall i remove you from next race entry list then? Just let me know and we will continue the fun without you, no problem :) (sarcasm off).

Or just get over it and keep more space next time. In a real life traffic jam you dont run into other cars either so why in a game?

Being half a lap behind you can solve by driving faster in the qualification. So please set the pole time next race and show us how its done.

I just watched the replay of it and all i can say people who are complaining need to first look at themself. See those people here complaining about bad formation lap etc why themself let a gap and then speed up to 200 kph or people taking a position during the formation lap for a couple of corners or spinning during the Formation lap. Mirror time for some people imo.

Also half a lap behind is not true also.
Sene the last car on the grid was already on the back straight before even P1 was at the start and finish.

seriously bram no need for the sarcasm.

im heading on there now, i'll take alook myself, it's not only me who share these thoughts but others who have not voiced them yet, so don't just think it's me Ivo.

No need to keep on going on the same thing either Scott. If it was that bad how come no incident report came my way from you or the "others that voice the same opinion"? In general people always look at others first and forget their own driving.

You can't blame the pace setter all the way up front for causing incidents all the way at the back. Thats ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back