VSCC S1 | General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that there is a screen shot thread but seems as this skin is for this series, i thought i'd show it here
precision1.jpg
precision2.jpg
precision3.jpg

This is the H4H car, if i get approval from the organisation first lol dont think it should be a problem just have to wait for official word from their media department.

HELPforHEROESLivery.jpg

Looks great Nathan!

How did you get rid of that super-glossy effect?

Thanks Robert, it took me forever to get rid of the glossy. My first issue is that i use photoshop elements which i found out doesnt allow me to save as a .dds. So, i was saving my .psd as jpegs and uploading them in paint.net and then resaving them as .dds. Pain in the arse i know, but its the only way. One time i accidentally saved it as a targa in elements and when i uploaded it into paint.net it had a blank checkered layer on top of everything. That sir is the key, if it has the checkered layer on top of it than it works. Dont know why this is but if you open up one of the games .dds files and look, they have the same checkered thing. Weird.

@Dave, like the skin, it's very identifiable :)

Thx Nathan, hope they like it as much or might have to change the team and livery.

Will photoshop elements not allow you to use the dds plugin? never used it so dont know.

Have you ever skinned anything for rfactor scott?? Because it's exactly the same procedure for GSC. If you have never painted a car than it is a long road to embark on, but here is a good place to start http://www.rfactorcentral.com/skins/spraybooth.cfm You will need a decent paint program with photoshop being the best (but expensive) There are some free ones out there, Gimp is a good one and I also like Paint.net which is similar to microsoft paint but more in depth. The only issue with Paint.net is that it doesnt accept .psd files with the layers so you would have to load a flat template and make your own layers which is more work. Now i've probably gone and confused you but if you decide its something you want to tackle and have questions you can pm me :)

It's pretty simple. The hard part is actually coming up with a design.

First you need Photoshop or paint.net or something along those lines.

Then you need the .DDS exporter from nVidia. http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

And the templates. http://www.racedepartment.com/showthread.php?t=60694&page=2&p=918949#post918949

Now just open up the template with Photoshop, work on the "paint" layer or similar, and when done "Flatten or Merge" the layers so that you only have one. Once you do that just go to "save as" and pick the file type as .DDS. It should open a menu and you should pick the "DXT 5 Interpolated Alpha".

The easiest way to test your skin now is to go to an existing car/team folder in the GSC folder. In there rename one of team members (usually I place a * or something after the title so I still have it in there). Now you can rename the skin you just made as that team member. When you open up the game it will be there.

Damn Nathan the ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back