VRS has released their DirectForce Pro Pedals

TedBrosby-

Premium
Here's the product information page:
https://virtualracingschool.com/aca...ectforce-pro-pedals-pricing-and-availability/

There's no information on the load cell strength, the hardware used, the adjustment available.

I'll have to be honest, on the images I've seen, they look like pretty obvious copies of Heusinkveld pedals (like Sprint Throttle and Clutch with Ultimate Brake, minus dampers unless you buy them). If they're as good as the DFP Wheelbase though, they could be pretty compelling.

I wonder if Barry will get a pair for SRG.

Any thoughts?

They don’t look like copies to me. The load cells are located quite differently. They’re also a fair bit more expensive than Sprints, but could have some more capabilities. Will be interesting to see reviews.

(I use Sprints.)

Upvote 0
Can't believe there is barely any information about the VRS Pedals on RD. Okay, here i go:

My upgrade path:
Logitech G920
V3 Pedals with BPK
HE Sprints borrowed from a friend
Back to V3 pedals with BPK
VRS Pedals

Best pedals i ever had, nothing comes close. I have tried Ultimates at a friends house from time to time, VRS is better.
More smooth, more precise, no rubber that gets sticky after a while and easier to adjust. Compared to Sprints which only has 65 kg in the pedal arm, VRS has up to 140 kg with the red spring.

The only thing missing is a Sprint software, but i think it is not needed.

In the end, VRS pedals is Sprint price for the Ultimate pedals. No need to get anything else.
Also, dampening kit is optional instead of included (for a higher price).

Get on the waiting list now before Barry or someone else reviews them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for the review John. Currently using the G29 pedals and wheel and new pedals are my next upgrade. I tried a mates V3 with BPK and a Mates Sprints and theres also the Simworx V3.1 as I'm in Australia( so supporting local would be nice), but im on the fence between those and the VRS which Ive had my eye on since they were announced. Theres a great vid from smoking steel garage that covers the sprints vs the VRS.

The VRS do look the goods, i just wish Barry would give them a review before i pull the trigger.

Upvote 0
Are these pedals a pre order item with a waiting list and does anyone know which country they would be shipped from?
Yes, there is a pre-order waiting list. I am on it myself.

About the country, I think I read somewhere that these would be shipped from the US, and also that the first batch would be shipped to customers in the US around late June, and only a few units would be sent initially to Europe. Later in July, when they will ramp up production, they will send more units everywhere.

I wanted to find the link to the page where I read that, but I haven't managed. So please take this with a pinch of salt, as it might not be 100% accurate.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information, @ferdiaz

I did manage to get in contact with a UK supplier today and they gave me an estimated price range of between £700 to £800 for the 3 pedal set, inclusive of VAT and import duties. They are hoping that the initial batches will start to come through and the end of June / beginning of July and you can join a waiting list if interested.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Does anyone know if the controller box uses a USB B connector? I can't seem to find any specs or clear pictures of that part.

Edit: nevermind, it does look like a 'B' type in this video:

They seem to be build very nicely, like improved version of HE Pro, but that Throttle Pedal needs some rod to have spring aligned properly.
1622569749006.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
They seem to be build very nicely, like improved version of HE Pro, but that Throttle Pedal need some rod to have spring aligned properly.
View attachment 478676
Apparently that was done on purpose, after lots of testing. Reason being, with this design, they claim the throttle is 100% friction-less, without any apparent disadvantage. So we'll see whether that holds true when they will be reviewed.

Upvote 0
That throttle spring does look a bit strange with that bend but apparently will not effect the operation. I'm seriously tempted by the amount of adjustability in them and I'd really like to compare these personally up against the sprints.

I've seen two comparison videos up untill now and both of those rate these as being slightly better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had DiView for my DIY pedals, I can see how to set dead zones and input curves ( sort of and indirectly by setting the "middle point")
But how do you set the max brake pressure?
I did that in AC?!?

Nowadays I use the Sprints and the software is easy and intuitive, only nonlinear curve I´ve set is for the clutch to make a longer "bite point" that allows me to slip the clutch more easily.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Without the HE Sprint software, how do you make adjustments like dead zones, Max brake pressure, and throttle input-output?
They have published in their Discord channel their own software to configure the pedals. So we should be able to set them up similarly to how the HE Sprints are setup, but with slightly different software.

If you skip to 0:19 in the video below, you'll see a bit how the software looks like. But since this is the very first version, I expect it to be improved/enhanced in the coming months.

The software itself appears to be available for download here:

https://virtualracingschool.com/downloads/DFP/VRS_DirectForcePro_Config.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 62 10.3%