VRS has released their DirectForce Pro Pedals

TedBrosby-

Premium
Here's the product information page:
https://virtualracingschool.com/aca...ectforce-pro-pedals-pricing-and-availability/

There's no information on the load cell strength, the hardware used, the adjustment available.

I'll have to be honest, on the images I've seen, they look like pretty obvious copies of Heusinkveld pedals (like Sprint Throttle and Clutch with Ultimate Brake, minus dampers unless you buy them). If they're as good as the DFP Wheelbase though, they could be pretty compelling.

I wonder if Barry will get a pair for SRG.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone received their set to give some feedback yet? I'm tentatively expecting mine to arrive somewhere around the end of August / beginning of September.

Upvote 0
^^^^^

Well, that last comment didn't age well. I'd completely forgotten that I've been on a waiting list since June 01 of last year and not heard much of anything since.

I'm guessing VRS can only produce enough sets to barely service their own queue and the regional resellers just have to wait.

Upvote 0
This is exactly what happened with the DFP.

For the first six months the queue wasn't even moving for other regions.

That's when I ended up ordering a Simucube 2.

For my next "better than Fanatec" pedals, I'm on the fence between these, good old Sprints, BJ GT Steels, Invicta or Simagic.

I honestly think I'll try the BJ's just to see what they're like. $622 shipped to the US with clutch and a baseplate is honestly way too good a deal to pass up.

Upvote 0
I actually did receive my VRS already back in November. But I had put my reservation in mid April.
It took a bit of patience, but in the end, it was really worth it. I can see that if someone is in a rush to get new pedals, this might not be the best option. But if you can afford waiting, then I completely recommend them.

Here's a side-by-side comparison with the Sprints.
unknown.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, my number finally came up after 10 months but now I have them, well worth the wait.

These are a lot more substantial than the Sprints and I'm finding the brake pedal especially easier to modulate. I've always struggled with my brain to foot connection and could never really feel where I was in the 70%-95% range. With the VRS that feeling is much improved for me, subjectively.

The only slight nitpick I have is that the brake pedal starts to squeak after every 30 minutes or so of use. I have to rotate the spring a few mm and it becomes silent for the next 30 mins. Rinse and repeat...

IMG_20220428_164939.jpg

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Looking good, if not a little overengineered.
How these compare to HP Ultimate+ I wonder.

Upvote 0
Strange un-wanted squeekings
can sometimes be cured..
with thin silicone mat.. used for
baking !! .. Found this to be sold
at LidL.. Cheap nice thing to have
in your Racing toolbox. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Seems the squeaky pedal I mentioned earlier was entirely on me. I made some initial adjustments after first setting them up and overtightened the bolts after pivoting the brake pedal upward. After backing them off, no more squeak.

As good as the Sprints are, I wouldn't go back them after using these :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years