VRS DirectForce Pro vs AccuForce V2?

xVatch1x

Premium
Hey all. Been a long time reader, first time posting, now that I actually find myself in a place to buy a dd wheel.

Anyways, has anyone been fortunate enough to have experience with the new VRS DirectForce Pro?
My turn came up in the queue to purchase one, and I am on the fence, since I made a decision to go with AccuForce V2.

The price point is acceptable for either kit, and I have read everything I can find here and watched both reviews from Barry @ Sim Racing Garage. He has recommended both setups.

What would y'all do if in my place? I want my first DD to be the right decision.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

At this point, its really down to the software that controls/manages it. I have zero experience aside from the AF V2 that I purchased and have had <5hrs of playing around with.

The Sim Commander software just came out with cloud-based settings....which IMO is insanely awesome. It took over 20 million data points from all different tracks/cars, averaged what everyone had setup...and then you dont even have to think about. You can fine tweak for your taste, but it is all setup for each track/car, across the major PC games.

From what I understand Simxperience has been in the business a long time, and is here to stay. They haven't shared the same popular spotlight that Fanatec has, probably because they are busy on the other side of the business model.

I am currently very happy with my wheel. Was impressed how you could feel every detail in depth.

Upvote 0
Watch this review on the Accuforce V2. This was the review that convinced me to go ahead and get the Accuforce as a great entry level alternative to something super pricey like the Simucube 2. The software for the Accuforce is also a big plus, and the cloud based thing sounds great for someone that doesn't know how to do car setups yet. Great company behind it too it seems.

Randy
:)

Upvote 0
IMO,
For FFB, SC2 > SC1 > VRS DFP > DD2/DD1 > Accuforce V2.
The reason is because while the Accuforce has great software, it's still a stepper motor limited to 13 Nm. And even if the software improved, you'd still eventually reach a limit with it.

But my rating system is based on the FFB of each motor. If I had to choose based on availability and entire buyer's experience, I'd rate the DD2/DD1 and VRS DFP pretty low since Fanatec has driver issues (they keep releasing beta drivers, and the beta drivers always have some weird catch like, "We fixed the Porsche Podium Endurance, but now you can't use this filter in this sim" or "this driver resolved the power cutoff feature, but only DD2/DD1 users can use it, CSL/CSW users should use the previous driver".

Maybe in a year or two their issues will be resolved.
VRS DFP, I've been on the waitlist for 5 weeks now and my reservation bar is at... 29%. I'm on the "global queue" and they seem to be fulfilling EU and US orders with higher priority and US orders have a different supply chain so it's possible the US product will be different than the one VRS sent Barry Rowland directly (Look at TrakRacer and other companies that contracted a US warehouse/supplier to deliver their products).

Based on purchasing/use experience (Could change when pandemic is over):
1) Accuforce V2 (You know it will take exactly 8 weeks from time to order, they don't lie about this)
2) SC1 (but you have to build it yourself)
3) SC2 (good luck getting it though)
4) DD1/DD2 (No idea when software will stabilize)
5) VRS DFP (?????? ‍♂️)

Accuforce sounds great, but I personally feel like it might not be a "buy once, use forever" type of DD.

Upvote 0
thanks guys! I was set on the Simucube but now heavily considering accuforce... question. If I want to purchase something like an Ascher or Cube Control rim, what (if anything) do I need to adapt to the Accuforce quick release? thanks!

Haven't gotten to that point yet, since I bought the AccuForce V2 Pro, which already comes with button box and Rim, and already have a Turn Racing R20 as well. I am sure that any rim/box vendor will have the ability to make sure it is compatible to the QR you buy with your AccuForce? Not sure though

Upvote 0
thanks guys! I was set on the Simucube but now heavily considering accuforce... question. If I want to purchase something like an Ascher or Cube Control rim, what (if anything) do I need to adapt to the Accuforce quick release? thanks!

Accuforce doesn't use a common third party QR. They have "their own" system:
https://simxperience.com/products/accessories/accuforcesteering/accuforcequickrelease.aspx
You'll need the $90 QR kit for every wheel you want to use for it.

IMO: Get the Simucube. If it's in your budget and you can afford to wait, you should be buying it. These two bases shouldn't be compared. The Accuforce V2 is more comparable to the ClubSport v2.5 or Feel VR or maybe VRS DFP. And even then, VRS DFP is both more expensive (have to get a wheel + button box) and harder to buy (have to wait list, no idea when their production will scale up).

SC2's direct comparison is: For Sport, DD1 or OSW Small/Large MIGE with SC1 controller (kit or DIY). For Pro, DD2. For Ultimate, Leo Bodnar SS2 or Kollmorgen based OSW with SC1.

But this depends on when you want a wheel base. I didn't want to wait for SC2 so I'm building my own SC1.

Upvote 0
IMO,
For FFB, SC2 > SC1 > VRS DFP > DD2/DD1 > Accuforce V2.
The reason is because while the Accuforce has great software, it's still a stepper motor limited to 13 Nm. And even if the software improved, you'd still eventually reach a limit with it.

the stepper motor is semi correct, they use a hybrid servo-stepper motor. Check the developers blog on the SimX website, talks about having the best of both worlds. Everyone gets hung up on that and the max FFB, most run there motors at 50-70% of the torque levels. The FFB levels became and selling point to out sell each other....but from my research most people have them set at a modest level. There are some guys that do like to truly simulate the torque experience, but I feel those are of the few.

Upvote 0

you can buy SimX’s quick disconnect adaptor and make sure you have a 70MM adaptor for the brand of wheel...fairly straightforward. I feel with the freedom of the eco-system versus getting locked into one of the more specific branded systems, the price of the QD/70mm adaptor won’t be bad. A lot of wheels/boxes are 70mm, so adaption isn’t bad.

Upvote 0
I am about to get the Accuforce V2 as my first ever sim wheel (see my entire system build post i posted last night on this forum). Maybe i will want to upgrade later, assuming i really do sim race a lot over time. Then after i have a lot more time to see how the DD landscape develops and learn more, i can move up to something really nice like today's SC2 (who knows what will be out in a few years if i decide to upgrade then). I am already looking at $6500 for computer/sim gear/VR headset, so adding another $600+ to go from the Accuforce to the SC2 is really breaking the budget.

My original pick for my new sim racing rig was going to be the Fanatec CSW belt wheel, and i think that the jump in realism/fun to go from that to the Accuforce is a pretty big jump based on other's feedback. But, the jump from the Accuforce to the Simucube i bet is not as big as the jump from a belt driven wheel to a good DD wheel like the Accuforce.

I think one thing to keep in mind, since i am currently choosing between the P1-X and the GT1 Evo (Simlabs) is will i for sure need a P1-X if i ever do upgrade to something like the Simucube SC2? Can the Evo handle a SC2?

Randy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am about to get the Accuforce V2 as my first ever sim wheel (see my entire system build post i posted last night on this forum). Maybe i will want to upgrade later, assuming i really do sim race a lot over time. Then after i have a lot more time to see how the DD landscape develops and learn more, i can move up to something really nice like today's SC2 (who knows what will be out in a few years if i decide to upgrade then). I am already looking at $6500 for computer/sim gear/VR headset, so adding another $600+ to go from the Accuforce to the SC2 is really breaking the budget.

My original pick for my new sim racing rig was going to be the Fanatec CSW belt wheel, and i think that the jump in realism/fun to go from that to the Accuforce is a pretty big jump based on other's feedback. But, the jump from the Accuforce to the Simucube i bet is not as big as the jump from a belt driven wheel to a good DD wheel like the Accuforce.

I think one thing to keep in mind, since i am currently choosing between the P1-X and the GT1 Evo (Simlabs) is will i for sure need a P1-X if i ever do upgrade to something like the Simucube SC2? Can the Evo handle a SC2?

Randy

As I’ve said in other posts, it’s not the wheel torque but the weight of the Accuforce that makes it flex in the GT1-Evo.
It leans very far forward which makes the uprights bend forward a bit if you put weight on them.
Sim Lab sells a $30 Servo Motor attachment that allows you to mount SC2 or MIGE motors and it’s rock solid. But it’s not compatible with the Accuforce.
Accuforce V2 + GT1 = slight flex from weight if you pull down on the wheel base.
SC1/SC2 + GT1 Evo + Servo Motor attachment = hardly any flex, maybe none?

but by all means, Accuforce V2 and GT1 is a huge step up over the CS2 2.5. Like a major step up.

Upvote 0
As I’ve said in other posts, it’s not the wheel torque but the weight of the Accuforce that makes it flex in the GT1-Evo.
It leans very far forward which makes the uprights bend forward a bit if you put weight on them.
Sim Lab sells a $30 Servo Motor attachment that allows you to mount SC2 or MIGE motors and it’s rock solid. But it’s not compatible with the Accuforce.
Accuforce V2 + GT1 = slight flex from weight if you pull down on the wheel base.
SC1/SC2 + GT1 Evo + Servo Motor attachment = hardly any flex, maybe none?

but by all means, Accuforce V2 and GT1 is a huge step up over the CS2 2.5. Like a major step up.

Ted, so it sounds like to me that the Accuforce does have some small flex on the Evo. Would the Accuforce have the same issue on the P1-X? Is the 'slight flex' harming the driving experience do you think?

Hmm, makes me think about going for a simucube 2 now since it will fit great onto the Evo :)

Upvote 0
Ted, so it sounds like to me that the Accuforce does have some small flex on the Evo. Would the Accuforce have the same issue on the P1-X? Is the 'slight flex' harming the driving experience do you think?

Hmm, makes me think about going for a simucube 2 now since it will fit great onto the Evo :)
In my opinion it probably won’t affect the driving experience much. Depends on the strength of the cars you’re driving. Retro Formula on Mac torque you might notice it. But it’ll be incredibly subtle.
I’m only warning you about it so you’re not surprised by it.

Upvote 0
Accuforce doesn't use a common third party QR. They have "their own" system:
https://simxperience.com/products/accessories/accuforcesteering/accuforcequickrelease.aspx
You'll need the $90 QR kit for every wheel you want to use for it.

IMO: Get the Simucube. If it's in your budget and you can afford to wait, you should be buying it. These two bases shouldn't be compared. The Accuforce V2 is more comparable to the ClubSport v2.5 or Feel VR or maybe VRS DFP. And even then, VRS DFP is both more expensive (have to get a wheel + button box) and harder to buy (have to wait list, no idea when their production will scale up).

SC2's direct comparison is: For Sport, DD1 or OSW Small/Large MIGE with SC1 controller (kit or DIY). For Pro, DD2. For Ultimate, Leo Bodnar SS2 or Kollmorgen based OSW with SC1.

But this depends on when you want a wheel base. I didn't want to wait for SC2 so I'm building my own SC1.
Well that’s not true, it uses the same system as something like the B-G QR but manufactured with tighter tolerances for less play, so you can use any QR with the same system if you don’t want the official one. There is also the option of just switching it entirely to the Q1R or any other adapter of your choosing as the wheel side adapter is just the standard 70mm PCD.

Upvote 0
Well that’s not true, it uses the same system as something like the B-G QR but manufactured with tighter tolerances for less play, so you can use any QR with the same system if you don’t want the official one. There is also the option of just switching it entirely to the Q1R or any other adapter of your choosing as the wheel side adapter is just the standard 70mm PCD.

What? It's absolutely true. Size wise it might fit the BG QR but the electronics aren't backwards compatible and you cannot just use the Accuforce QR with other wheel bases.
And wheel side BG QR adapters are way more expensive than Q1R. You can buy Accuforce ones, but they're not sold separately so have fun with a bunch of extra wheel base QR hubs you'll never use...

Upvote 0
What? It's absolutely true. Size wise it might fit the BG QR but the electronics aren't backwards compatible and you cannot just use the Accuforce QR with other wheel bases.
And wheel side BG QR adapters are way more expensive than Q1R. You can buy Accuforce ones, but they're not sold separately so have fun with a bunch of extra wheel base QR hubs you'll never use...
What electronics? The V2 doesn’t have a slip ring or any facility to have one wired in...

I use my spare ones on the rig to mount the wheels solidly you could also attach them to a wall or other stand for wheel display/storage.

You can also easily use them on another wheelbase the same as any other QR with the right wheel side piece. Most QR’s come as wheel and rim side too and it’s cheaper than the B-G ones.

I’m not really sure what you are arguing now but you obviously haven’t used or seen a V2 as your QR comments are related to the V1 only and even then you could still use the B-G QR with extra rims as the USB rims plugged into the back USB hub on the V1 which the V2 doesn’t have either.

Upvote 0

Randy
Evo can handle it, especially if you get the front mount for the motor / wheel. I think the standard bottom mount wheel deck does have some flex. I'm using the podium mount w a DD1 and it's super solid.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Evo can handle it, especially if you get the front mount for the motor / wheel. I think the standard bottom mount wheel deck does have some flex. I'm using the podium mount w a DD1 and it's super solid.
1594784140803.png

Plus it doesn't work with Accuforce anyway.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back