Cars VRC Prototype Series

If you're comparing just to the Audi and Bentley, they were both fairly quiet as far as race cars go.
Compared to them yes, but I afterwards tried some other combo (not these cars), the the sound levels was more in the expected range. Not a big deal, but I barley here my "own" car (Bentley) when close the rear of the Panoz specific.

Reactions: MHS
The Panoz was actually quite famous to have been THE LOUDEST car around the years it ran at Le Mans.
I highly doubt it would make any noise restriction levels on any currently operated track with it's original Le Mans exhaust setup ;-)

It's weird: if we include 4K textures and the cars do not complement with Kunos standards, we get complains.
If we include reasonable sized textures, which are fine if you/while you are driving the car... we get complains also.

Most reasonable answer I could give to a message without any word but showing a pic of a detail taken from five centimeters distance is: if you see that is because you are not driving fast enough.
If you would like the 4K textures, you could ask for them, and for sure we would give them to you then you could easily place it in the skins folders of your liking.
Problem is not what you seem to be asking for, but how you ask it.

Cheers,
I think fresh high end mods like VRC paymods in 2019 should best come standard with 4K textures and on demand (either packed with the mod car for separate manual installation or even better per separate download) in 2K textures for people with older machines.

I have been on both sides of the coin with this one having had run an older spec machine some years ago that really would only take AC 2K mods very well but with a modern machine you really, really do not want to see any low res textures any longer if possible.

The bar is always moving and what people find outstanding today they usually tend to complain about next year ;-)

Re. discussion on package discounts.
I suggest anyone who can financially spare to pay full price on the individual cars to just pay it.
I bought the cars separately as they were released (only just now got around the buy the most epic cars released as I had other commitments) and I DO NOT WANT a discount.

You can see that getting the cars as they were released you got them a little earlier and could enjoy them a little longer - that and supporting a small business is very well worth paying full price if you can spare it.
I also suggest to @MHS to allow in the purchase transaction payment mask to increase the purchase price to any value a buying customer wants, starting from the normal asking price as standard.
This way anyone can choose to buy the mod at the normal asking price and people who would like to and can spare a little more can easily choose to spend a little more. I think RSS allows for this process in their webshop (or was it URD ?) I forgot.

Keep doing what you are doing guys, people like you make sim racing better for everyone!

Last edited:
I think fresh high end mods like VRC paymods in 2019 should best come standard with 4K textures and on demand (either packed with the mod car for separate manual installation or even better per separate download) in 2K textures for people with older machines.

I have been on both sides of the coin with this one having had run an older spec machine some years ago that really would only take AC 2K mods very well but with a modern machine you really, really do not want to see any low res textures any longer if possible.

Keep in mind VR is more demanding. I would prefer 2K textures myself with 4K as an option.

• Deleted member 223075

So i buyed cars.
- You can't open them with 3dsimed
- You can't change textures because no access to the car
- If you want texture files you have to contact VRC Team

3 days and nothing. It's so stupid this way of doing things. This is the last time I buy your mods.

So i buyed cars.

3 days and nothing. It's so stupid this way of doing things. This is the last time I buy your mods.
Did you even contact them privately?

Don't understand why you are annoyed... they are selling a mod for your to drive, not the source files for you to make your own mods :)

• Deleted member 223075

And for skins ? To change these ugly "next level racing" logos or add some logos ? You can't. Everybody regognized the real cars so just add the real logos instead of fake logos or provide us necesary files to make our change !

Compared to them yes, but I afterwards tried some other combo (not these cars), the the sound levels was more in the expected range. Not a big deal, but I barley here my "own" car (Bentley) when close the rear of the Panoz specific.

@Ferrari64 and @IMrIMike know so much more about that aspect, that I should let them answer.
But in any case, as always your feedback is highly appreciated and we are all here to discuss about it and to try to improve our work day by day.

The bar is always moving and what people find outstanding today they usually tend to complain about next year ;-)

Re. discussion on package discounts.
I suggest anyone who can financially spare to pay full price on the individual cars to just pay it.
I bought the cars separately as they were released (only just now got around the buy the most epic cars released as I had other commitments) and I DO NOT WANT a discount.

You can see that getting the cars as they were released you got them a little earlier and could enjoy them a little longer - that and supporting a small business is very well worth paying full price if you can spare it.
I also suggest to @MHS to allow in the purchase transaction payment mask to increase the purchase price to any value a buying customer wants, starting from the normal asking price as standard.
This way anyone can choose to buy the mod at the normal asking price and people who would like to and can spare a little more can easily choose to spend a little more. I think RSS allows for this process in their webshop (or was it URD ?) I forgot.

Keep doing what you are doing guys, people like you make sim racing better for everyone!

Thank you for your kind words!
Regarding the textures, as you can see inmediately after your post a debate was started around that topic. Anyways, we improved the textures that were pointed out in the Auriel ( @cy4ntif1c ) cause as said, we had no problem in improving them, but the problem was the way it was asked and the comments in French after that.

So i buyed cars.

Your email was just answered and the files were sent. I already told you the reasons why the files weren't sent inmediately, and I will keep that privately ( I hope you appreciate that ). Please understand that you asked for those files during the weekend also, and of course we all have our private lifes which tend to be pretty busy over weekends.
Also as said, the reason why mods can't be opened with 3dsimed anymore is pretty obvious, and maybe I wouldn't mind if those rips were free, but instead the content they ripped from us is being sold right now.
As usual if you need any more files please let us know.

@MHS I can understand you where busy but 3 days to send a 487Ko file...

Really rude to say that, when you don't have a clue what I'm going through in my personal life. So, yes three days to check the files I was sending you were right... and one of those three days waiting cause when you asked for the files it resulted you haven't bought the mods. So you wanted the files for some mods you hadn't bought, weird, isn't it?

Anyway, sorry for the outburst, but I feel it is very rude of you to demand things that way when you do not know what happens in the personal life of the other person.

Really rude to say that, when you don't have a clue what I'm going through in my personal life. So, yes three days to check the files I was sending you were right... and one of those three days waiting cause when you asked for the files it resulted you haven't bought the mods. So you wanted the files for some mods you hadn't bought, weird, isn't it?

Anyway, sorry for the outburst, but I feel it is very rude of you to demand things that way when you do not know what happens in the personal life of the other person.
I think he meant that he will stop buying VRC mods, but he bought this one.

#entitlement

It's weird: if we include 4K textures and the cars do not complement with Kunos standards, we get complains.
If we include reasonable sized textures, which are fine if you/while you are driving the car... we get complains also.

Most reasonable answer I could give to a message without any word but showing a pic of a detail taken from five centimeters distance is: if you see that is because you are not driving fast enough.
If you would like the 4K textures, you could ask for them, and for sure we would give them to you then you could easily place it in the skins folders of your liking.
Problem is not what you seem to be asking for, but how you ask it.

Cheers,

famous4ktext.png

4k textures ? Include reasonable sized textures ?
Guy is a same dimension texture ! Is a same size ! debat is finish for me, you lie to me from the beginning !

despite this ,thank VRC team for this update.

I wonder where the first real skins for Panoz are...
I´m second or two behind Audi R8 and Bentley with Panoz whereever I drive, but a fine mod alltogether.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%