VR!!

Well I made the jump. I could not resist the $399 Rift price. And OH MY WOWEEEEE. So glad I made the jump. The immersion. THE INTENSITY!!!! Gosh a touring car at Ring Knutstorp in VR......... Just ask my wife. This is the first time she's heard me laughing and cheering after a wreck. So good. And I'm only running an rx 480.

That's most people. I have tried to use it, from a realism point of view, and while it takes away the bouncing in the cockpit for the most part (simulating the way your eyes stay locked to a fixed point on your horizon while your peripheral is the part that bounces) it actually adds more unrealistic senses when the car is anywhere but completely flat. The cockpit turns sideways, and you are seated completely still in your cockpit. Like I said, for me, motion sickness is not an issue so it's just about chasing the immersion at this point for me.

One way to fix this completely? Have a slider. Ala AMS, which recently had a 0-100% horizon lock bar added to the display options section. I leave it on 75%, and it's absolutely perfect. PC1 has it to (world movement) but the others either have nothing, or an on/off option, which doesn't work in my opinion. Rally games especially. Also race tracks with big rises and dips (Bathurst, Spa, etc.) The 75% option lets me smooth out the harsh bumps that you may not really see when driving an actual car, but doesn't turn your POV sideways in the cockpit when you're tilted, or when driving uphill doesn't leave you looking at your pedals.....

Yeah, I get the cockpit turning on banking and while not natural it doesn't bother me except in extreme cases like the banking at Daytona (in PCars2).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%