PC2 VR?

Hi all, anyone tried this yet with VR? I have the Oculus Rift and I was wondering what settings people are using?
my spec is not that bad so I hope I can run it pretty high :)
Spec :- i7-6700K @ 4GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD, 250GB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1080, Windows 10

Thanks for the replies guys sorry it's taken me a while to get back :) I'm using Oculus tray tool to control the supersampling, I have it set @ 1.7 and I'm getting between 70 fps and 45fps, and most of my settings are on medium with only some on high so I'm not getting the best visual experience, now the game is stable but I thought I might have been able to run with much higher settings, I must be doing something wrong any ideas? 20170927024531_1.jpg 20170927025406_1.jpg 20170927025121_1.jpg

I don't use the OTT for setting SS, you can do that through in-game settings and I've found that using the OTT mucks things up a bit, although I've no idea why.

Try setting Textures to high and everything else on Med including MSAA.
Particles and their density can be set to low, same for Grass & Track Detail as these are quite resource intensive, so setting to low will help considerable without taking away the effects.
Screen Dirt only makes sense if you are using the Helmet view I have found, something I recommend when driving Formula or modern cars where available.
There is a setting to turn Rain Drops on/off.
1.7 SS is pushing it a bit in my opinion, whatever your GPU, happy medium I found to be 1.4

It's all about trial and error really, try doing a GT3 10 lap race at Spar with 25 cars in heavy rain, it will push any machine to the limits but what an experience !

Might help, might not !

@Si
Can you say what your HW spec is and what settings you're using?

@Boneboys
Thanks for the help, I'm at work atm but I will try your settings when I get home:laugh: in 5 hours :( but I can't wait to give it a try, I must say that apart from all the messing with the settings I'm loving the game so far and the vr still blows me away and I haven't even tried the multi-player.
One thing you might be able to help me with thought when I'm using the OTT in game watching the frame rates on the left side of the ingame app on the right I'm seeing a lot of framerate drops also the headroom measurement always seems to be in the minus, is there anything I can do to fix that, or what do they even mean?

Last edited:
I don't even watch my FPS anymore, either it runs smooth or not.
But everything I mentioned above helps.

Later today I'm going to delete the graphic config files and start afresh, some have reported a performance degradation with each config change, so I'm going to reset and see what the effect is.

There is so much going on in this game that it is hard to draw any definite conclusion.

Good luck.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back