VR stutter puts me far back

Hello,

I'm new to AC and VR. I finally got everything mostly set up right however sometimes I get a stutter in my view and it will re position me far back in the car. I have to reset the positioning. A lot of times i see the back of the driver seat. I've been trying to figure out a fix for hours now. Any help would be much appreciated it!

btw I'm using a Rift S.

UPDATE 1

I notice sometimes I'm getting "Something went wrong and the device can not track the position of your headset"

Thanks!

Last edited:
Looks like a USB3 problem: maybe a USB3 bus overload. You can check if there are a lot of devices on one USB3 controller using USBView. Try putting the USB cable of the Rift in another USB3 port, preferably 'further away' from the one you used before (= often a different USB3 controller). If that doesn't help you could buy an extra PCI-E USB 3.0 Expansion Card that uses the Fresco Logic FL1100EX chipset, this has helped other people with similar problems.

Sorry but to me It looks your system is having problems in tracking, try to close the curtains and put on the room lights. Maybe sunlight is interfering.
You can also readjust the position, to be sure.
Does this device use external sensors like the old rift and vive any change they get blocked by something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%