VR Settings

New to VR in rFactor2 and looking for some help to optimize performance. Right now i'm running 1.0PPD and med settings for most, but i'm looking for some guidance on which settings require the most horsepower so I can turn down things that don't matter and others up.

Anyone have any tips or want to share their settings?

i7-7700K and GTX1080 with Rift.

• Deleted member 197115

Don't forget to set texture sharpening to 3 (mipmap lod bias -1) in json file.

• Deleted member 197115

Can you explain please ?
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\player.JSON"
"Texture Sharpening":3,
"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

@Andrew_WOT I have mind set at 5, it seems fine.
But I might try 4 just to see what it runs like :)
My spec is :- i7 O/C @ 4.4 and a gtx 1080, 32 gig ram

P.s. is there any way to move the hud items, I find when I'm racing in the rift s the hud items are down on my left (lap times etc) and my right (tach), I have to physically take my eyes off the road ahead to glance down mostly to my left to see times etc.

Last edited:
@Andrew_WOT I have mind set at 5, it seems fine.
But I might try 4 just to see what it runs like :)
My spec is :- i7 O/C @ 4.4 and a gtx 1080, 32 gig ram

P.s. is there any way to move the hud items, I find when I'm racing in the rift s the hud items are down on my left (lap times etc) and my right (tach), I have to physically take my eyes off the road ahead to glance down mostly to my left to see times etc.

There's a nifty HUD for VR that you can download from the Steam Workshop ;)
Works amazing: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1243928467&searchtext=SHQM

• Deleted member 197115

It's mip map lod, there will be some impact as you have higher res textures at farther distance. Shouldn't be too bad though.

I get double vision when I play RF2 I have a Pimax 5K+ running W/10 on a I9 9700K GPU and an Nvidia 2080ti
I have tried every possible setting in the Pimax tool but still get double vision. No problems with any other game iRacing Ac PC2 ACC. Any help would be greatly appreciated I have contacted Studio 397 suppoet but they don't respond

I get double vision when I play RF2 I have a Pimax 5K+ running W/10 on a I9 9700K GPU and an Nvidia 2080ti
I have tried every possible setting in the Pimax tool but still get double vision. No problems with any other game iRacing Ac PC2 ACC. Any help would be greatly appreciated I have contacted Studio 397 suppoet but they don't respond

Not a Pimax user myself but this post might lead you in the right direction:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...first-impressions.165729/page-13#post-2996735

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back