VR settings, not running as well as i thought it would

Des Pearce

Premium
What VR settings are important for frame rate in RRE?

For reference my pc spec is an i7 9700kf, rtx 3080, 16gb 3600 ram, 2tb nvme drive, 100hz 3440x1440 monitor and reverb G2.

I'm currently running 75% resolution in steam vr globally (approx 2700x2700) and 75% specifically for RRE in the drop down menu. My in game settings are a mixture of high and medium (motion blur, lens ??, are off).

I can't hold 90fps in any situation, even an empty track causes drops in places so I'm currently running at 60fps. Any tips or tricks for keeping it looking decent but getting to 90fps?

RaceRoom tends to be more CPU limited than GPU limited. One of our members (@PurgerUK) was saying in the club race last night that his new 3080 had made surprisingly little difference in overall performance for that reason.

There's a large VR performance thread here on the S3 forums which might contain some tips worth trying.

What VR settings are important for frame rate in RRE?

For reference my pc spec is an i7 9700kf, rtx 3080, 16gb 3600 ram, 2tb nvme drive, 100hz 3440x1440 monitor and reverb G2.

I'm currently running 75% resolution in steam vr globally (approx 2700x2700) and 75% specifically for RRE in the drop down menu. My in game settings are a mixture of high and medium (motion blur, lens ??, are off).

I can't hold 90fps in any situation, even an empty track causes drops in places so I'm currently running at 60fps. Any tips or tricks for keeping it looking decent but getting to 90fps?
Personally I've always been happy to force reprojection and then run at 45/90, WMR is actually better than the steam version for this.
I run fpsVR while gaming and R3E runs about about 0.3 m/s per frame in GPU with my setup but about 15 m/s in CPU, as a comparison rFactor 2 is pretty much even with about 7 m/s on each.
What I'm not sure about is whether their DX11 conversion / wrapper for VR is somehow masking the true values as I haven't seen any other game with a similar profile

Last edited:
Personally I've always been happy to force reprojection and then run at 45/90, WMR is actually better than the steam version for this.
I run fpsVR while gaming and R3E runs about about 0.3 m/s per frame in GPU with my setup but about 15 m/s in CPU, as a comparison rFactor 2 is pretty much even with about 7 m/s on each.
What I'm not sure about is whether their DX11 conversion / wrapper for VR is somehow masking the true values as I haven't seen any other game with a similar profile

I get 0.3 ms on the gpu and between 8 and 15 ms for the cpu. I don't think it records the gpu frametime correctly

Fvps doesn't record gpu frame times properly....mine says 0.3ms aswell.

Another option for WMR headsets that works really well for me having a less powerful gpu 1660 ti and Lenovo explorer 1440x1440
In the windows portal I've changed it from 90hrz to 60hrz.
Using all the settings from the Sector3 performance vr thread and 200% SS in steam and have had zero dips in frame.
Only difference I've noticed used 60hrz instead of 90hrz is that it's slightly dimmer in brightness.
You can also change the mood settings in your Raceroom profile and increase the brightness in your graphics config.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing