VR: ReProjection Ratio - What Is It?

Just acquired the FPS VR utility off of Steam, and am encountering some new terminology for me - "Reprojection Ratio". Can someone explain what it is (in laymen's terms)?

I assume that the ideal goal is to get this measurement as low as possible? If so, what settings and/or hardware changes help to lower it?

Thanks.

Reprojection are the extra frames displayed (not rendered by your GPU) by the software to smooth out the framerate and prevent stuttering from a low or variable framerate. So if you're running below 90FPS, these fake frames are injected by the software. So the percentage shown is an average of how much reprojection is being used.

Just like any game, a faster GPU and strong CPU will help improve frame rate and reduce the need for projection. Otherwise lowering in-game graphics settings will help and not using or reducing the supersampling setting.

Reprojection are the extra frames displayed (not rendered by your GPU) by the software to smooth out the framerate and prevent stuttering from a low or variable framerate. So if you're running below 90FPS, these fake frames are injected by the software. So the percentage shown is an average of how much reprojection is being used.

Just like any game, a faster GPU and strong CPU will help improve frame rate and reduce the need for projection. Otherwise lowering in-game graphics settings will help and not using or reducing the supersampling setting.

Thank you for this explanation!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years