Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

• Gloves

Votes: 60 18.8%
  • Boots

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Gloves + Boots

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • None

Votes: 219 68.7%

VR Quest 2 + Content Manager. Step-by-step guide?

Last week I got as a birthday present the Quest 2 VR headset mainly to be used with AC. I'm using Content Manager as the only way to play with the sim, but the only time I could launch AC with the Quest 2, the view was messed up, and the framerate was cut by three, at least. I couldn't even see the menu correctly. It's a bummer as I got the headset mainly for AC. I'm using it for other games/standalone, and it works amazing, but I'm getting frustrated as I can't get to grips with it + AC.

Is there any step-by-step guide or post I can follow to help me use my new acquisition? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Definitely expect frame rate cut if you're running the same graphics settings as you would on a single screen.
I have an older 1070 and I can basically run stuff on high/max and get 100+fps on 1080p single screen, but no way I could run those same settings in VR (In fact its pretty much at minimum).

What do you mean by the View being messed up? The only noticable thing for me is that the UI is pretty wide where it's annoying to select which 'desktop' of apps to use once in the race.
Also you can't use AMD Fidelity FX option in CSP if you're using the Oculus renderer, as it makes the screen go all weird.