VR Performance Suggestions?

Hi, I am playing this and ATS in VR on my HTC Vive and was hoping someone could give me some suggested settings to use to get a good balance of good performance and good graphics.

I have an i7 9700K and a RTX 2070 Super. I tried following this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1193990367 but it's quite outdated now (the game's config file doesn't contain uset o_openvr_interleaved_reproject "1" among other changes).

Please could someone suggest which settings to use in-game, in the config file and in SteamVR's settings. For instance do I leave SteamVR set to auto resolution or manual, do I keep motion smoothing turned on and can I use supersampling or just set it in the config file? I read somewhere that setting the SMAA to max is best for VR but I don't know if that's true. I know the game's not going to look as good as in pancake mode and the Vive's SDE is quite bad (which is why I've pre-ordered an Index) but at the moment it's all very fuzzy and it's difficult to read road signs or even my satnav at times.

Thanks for any help.

I have a Reverb so it's majorly different from your setup so my settings won't help, however I have found some general settings that may work for you:

- Don't increase in game 'Scaling' (leave at default), use SteamVR SS if you want to increase clarity (better performance this way).
- On older tech HMDs turn Off 'Sunshafts' in the Options, with this On the Sunlight will hinder reading of all Signs/Instruments even more when the Sun is at a low angle. (Looks great on my Reverb and still readable so I have them On!)
- Put AA as high as possible to help with reading stuff.
- Look for Road Sign Mods in the Workshop, there's a few out there that improve the "texture" somewhat over the originals so that might help with reading them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back