PC2 VR not or VR yes

I suppose hotlap in VR are impossible, I cannot explain but I'm afraid even if I drive clean and faster according to some videos on ytb on several circuits, hotlap never comes! More or less 2 and more seconds slower of medium on line driver.
Did someone have same sensation?

e-sport players seems don't use VR because they did not use cockpit view (when possible) and/or use very light graphic configurations. Some professional simdrivers use VR (a post in drivingitalia.it report that), even if it is very uncommon.

VR permit an optimal apex view (only achievable with triple monitor), so I read that many (non professional) players report a gain of seconds instead of losing time, mainly due to this aspect. Probably VR is the same of triple monitor, beside player adaptation to VR, that is subjective (some people dont tolerate it).

My experience is the same: initally I was slower than single-monitor playing, after some days of intense driving I am faster.

The number one reason for VR is immersion. For some, as myself, immersion is much more important than lap times. Now with VR and a full motion platform cockpit (NLR v3 motion + traction plus), I do get better lap times. But the VR and motion, plus new bucket seat, DD2 wheel, etc. is to maximize immersion, not improve lap times so I can be number one in online racing. I don't really care about that, I care about escaping into another alternate world where I'm on an actual race track. Not the real thing, but as close as I can get to it without putting life and limb at risk. VR delivers this, triple monitor does not compare, let alone a single monitor.

Folks will invest in race sim setup to what is important to them. You can be number one with an XBOX or PS4 (let alone X360 or PS3) controller, but it just does not deliver the immersion experience some of us crave.

Have fun with what ever, that is what it is all about.

Last edited:
+1 with GMKUMP, my driving may not be faster but I’m more aware of the surroundings in VR,
However,
driving karts, I couldn’t get away with racing on a monitor and was constantly spinning and too slow to catch any slide or spin , in VR, no problems

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back