VR? No Buy! Get Me Mixed Reality!

Pro's:
Would be great to be able to take a drink in VR

Definite immersion boost, especially with h-pattern cars (where the shifting animation begins after your hand is already back on the wheel, or where you drive one handed but there's always 2 hands on the wheel)

Con's:
Still won't be able to scratch that itch on my face

Wallets will suffer, it's kind of nice not needing to worry about what your wheel/dash/button boxes look like since VR hides all of that.

Wallets will suffer, it's kind of nice not needing to worry about what your wheel/dash/button boxes look like since VR hides all of that.
Decent AR should be able to overlay a dash and support virtual buttons, albeit without tactile feedback.

Last edited:
At the very least they could give us the option to import our wheels and replace the default one in-game. I just want my Fanatec Formula wheel on the screen instead of the stock whatever wheel that they use. The wheel manufacturers have cad models of the wheels it would take a game dev 5 minutes on the phone to get Fanatec to send them the models and implement the option to use your wheel model instead of default wheel.

It will only be a matter of time (next generation VR) before you get high quality full color passthrough video that you can map to a button. Then following that it makes sense that they blend in mixed reality with the high quality pass though.

At the very least they could give us the option to import our wheels and replace the default one in-game. I just want my Fanatec Formula wheel on the screen instead of the stock whatever wheel that they use. The wheel manufacturers have cad models of the wheels it would take a game dev 5 minutes on the phone to get Fanatec to send them the models and implement the option to use your wheel model instead of default wheel.
Why?

Just get a replica wheel of your favorite race car.

I've done that for a few cars and it's awesome.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back