VR Mixed reality and Mouse Pointer etc.

I have been using Mixed Reality (VR) headset in various sims AC, pCars, pCars2, R3E, rFactor2 for a couple of months now. I have a Samsung Odyssey and an Acer AH101. I wear glasses (mainly for long sightedness and have had to use some ingenuity to ensure the headset lenses are fixed away from my glasses lenses to avoid scratching and also so that I get good vision.

There are 2 things that really puzzle me.

Firstly, I have found that pCars2 is the ONLY one of the 5 Sims that allows me to keep the headset on all the time. The mouse pointer is always visible and I can use all the menus etc. just as if I was racing on a normal monitor. All the other Sims force me to take the headset off at some stage as the mouse pointer completely vanishes. This means that, for me, pCars2 is the only Sim worth using in VR. This is very frustrating. If pCars2 can do it then why can't the rest. Maybe I am missing something ? I saw somewhere that someone else found rFactor2 kept the pointer OK, but for me it is not all the time, sometimes it is OK and then it will frustratingly disappear.

Secondly, I have seen talk that a framerate of 90fps must be achieved to make VR usable. The problem is that I can't find a way of seeing my fps in VR. My normal (monitor) counters do not appear in VR. I have found one of the Assetto Corsa apps shows fps in VR but not in the other Sims. The one in Assetto Corsa tells me I am getting 45fps but the drivability seems fine. If I lower the performance video settings in pCars2 it doesn't seem to affect the drivability in VR. It seems to drive the same with high settings as with low settings.

If someone has some comments on these 2 issues I would love to see them :):)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back