VR Lighting / Shadow Issue in Tunnels and Dark Areas

Any idea how to fix this strange shadow / lighting in tunnels and dark areas? I have SOL and CSP installed. I'm guessing it's linked to FOV but had no luck with any of the settings.

Solution
Forgot to mention, if I wiggle my mouse so the yellow dot cursor appears, it fixes itself. Then starts again when the dot disappears. Very strange.
Thanks for the info on the mouse. Based on that and also realizing the issue goes away when the damage display appears, I decided to try disabling the gui extension in CSP. I’ve only had a little time to test but that seems to fix it with particles enable. I can live without the gui extension so I’ll be happy if this works. Let me know if you still see an issue.
I had the shadows glitch out again on a different track with the smoke disabled so I completely disabled particles fx and the shadows render correctly again. Not sure if there’s another way to fix this without completely disabling particles fx. I’m curious if this is a CSP bug or caused from certain hardware/driver configs.

I had the shadows glitch out again on a different track with the smoke disabled so I completely disabled particles fx and the shadows render correctly again. Not sure if there’s another way to fix this without completely disabling particles fx. I’m curious if this is a CSP bug or caused from certain hardware/driver configs.
Same. I'm currently trying different combos of settings, I'll keep you updated.

Forgot to mention, if I wiggle my mouse so the yellow dot cursor appears, it fixes itself. Then starts again when the dot disappears. Very strange.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the mouse. Based on that and also realizing the issue goes away when the damage display appears, I decided to try disabling the gui extension in CSP. I’ve only had a little time to test but that seems to fix it with particles enable. I can live without the gui extension so I’ll be happy if this works. Let me know if you still see an issue.

Last edited:
Solution
Smashing, I'll give that a try today.

I only really need these two features and they don't seem to cause the problem.

Screenshot 2021-10-03 103841.png

I've tried loads of combos of tracks and cars and don't have the problem with just hide system messages and handbrake bar turned on. Thanks for your help.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%