• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured VR is in Development for Procedural Title to Racecraft

Discussion in 'Racecraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,801
    Racecraft getting VR 1.jpg
    Vae Victis Games have taken to social media recently posting teasers of new VR functionality in development for this interesting racing title.

We've not really heard much about Racecraft of late, the developers having pretty much kept to themselves in recent months as they continue to bring refinements and features to their latest procedural racing title, however whilst on face value it might seem like not much is happening development wise, it looks like that might be about to change..!

We already know that time of day and weather are set to be included at some stage in the future, and now we've found out thanks to a recent Facebook post that VR support is on the way, and it actually looks like this exciting new feature is pretty well developed already if the below video is anything to go by:

No details have yet been confirmed as to exactly when VR is planned for the game, or indeed what level of support will be offered, however another racing title that utilises this excellent piece of technology is no bad thing indeed, and will undoubtedly be a very welcome addition to fans of this unique racing titile...

Racecraft getting VR 2.jpg

About the Game:

Racecraft: a Procedural Sandbox Racing Experience.
    A proprietary procedural engine, called Camilla, generates an endless number of tracks. They can be saved and shared, producing lots of different racing situations. For the first time in racing games, the look and feel of the randomly generated tracks is really similar to the real-world circuits, Racecraft has a unique hard edge futuristic design that set it apart from all other racing titles.

Multiplayer and eSports Racing features
    Challenge your friends in multiplayer races and hot lap parties or share your procedurally generated track and let them race against your ghost. Join the official Racecraft leagues or use our complete eSports toolset to easily create your own online racing leagues and live broadcast your events.

Sandbox Experience
    Players can craft the car from scratch using and crafting all the various parts to generate lots of different sets of physical features and car setups. Players will also be able to craft their own tracks with a track editor using the same logics of the Camilla procedural engine. All events can also be defined by players: they can choose rules, tracks, cars and invite friends by sharing the event on Steam and Facebook.

VR support
    Racecraft has been developed with VR in mind. The driving menu allows interaction with the cars during the races without losing focus. The entire game UI is usable without taking your hands off the wheel or joypad. This system is called SixInput, for steering wheel users, seats and/or a VR headset. The game also implements voice commands and a “virtual track engineer” who will help the driver improving his racing experience by talking about tracks, setup, strategy, race status, car status and so on.

Co-op and multi-roles
    There will be different roles in the multiplayer mode of Racecraft. A team will be composed by several cooperative roles: driver, team manager, track engineer, mechanic, car designer and many others.

Racecraft is available right now on Steam for PC.

Don’t forget to visit our Racecraft forum right here on RaceDepartment for all latest news and discussion on the title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Do you enjoy Racecraft? Have you tried the game yet? Looking forward to VR coming to the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +609
    Even THIS will have VR and F1 by Codies don't. omg. :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Pedro17

Pedro17

Ratings:
    +9
    Are the physics any good?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pedro17

Pedro17

Ratings:
    +9
    Never mind -- I just saw a video where a developer said they licensed the AC engine and dumbed it down. :(

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,719
    Having gone over the write up again, I was actually wrong in my previous comments ..they are actually producing something that has not been done before ..at this stage in production, all I can do, is wish them luck.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Jockey

Jockey

Ratings:
    +166
    The real news here is that the game is still in development.

I got this game for free because they abandoned their previous game in favor of this game.
    I'm sure I won't pay anything for these guys because in the last few years they effectively produced nothing other test versions.

7. Haiden773

Haiden773

Ratings:
    +74
    I feel like the procedural thing isn't going to work well in multiplayer. Even now, people jump into sessions with real world tracks, without knowing the track well enough to race on. Even when it's an iconic track, there's always a few idiots getting in the way, because that don't know the track well enough to be in a multiplayer session. Now, imagine multiplayer races were 80%, or more, of the grid have never even seen the track before. That just seems like a wreck fest waiting to happen.

Just seems like it would be more of a single player sim.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. KittX

KittX

Ratings:
    +217
    Procedural is the great way to go for rally, just needs to be more diverse and thoughtout, than, D4, which was a good start. Hope they or someone else pick it up and go further.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +388
    Is this true? If so, I can put this one on my ignore list.

10. Pedro17

Pedro17

Ratings:
    +9
    At three minutes in. He even describes it as "simcade".

11. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill

Ratings:
    +22
    Just bought this and waiting for VR, but I've run into a little problem, I have an LG 34" wide monitor running @ 3440 x 1440 but when I set this resolution in game I can't see the bottom of the screen and I cant click any of the settings at the bottom of the screen and if I set it to the next resolution down 2560 x 1440 then I can see the bottom of the screen but it then doesn't fill the whole screen (side to side) I have like letter box only instead of the black bars being at the top and bottom of the screen there at the sides. Strange when they are both running at 1440 ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.