VR - HUD too close - any ideas?

Hi all,
Yesterday I took delivery of a lovely new Oculus Rift. It's amazing, a religious experience frankly. Just one thing I'm wondering.. in Assetto Corsa the HUD is very close to you, where I'd prefer it a bit further away and with a bit more horizontal space. Is there any way this can be edited?
Cheers.

In the Nvidia system control, you can set DSR (downsampling) to 2.0, then the HUD is farther away. AMD analogously.
wtf are you talking about? DSR has nothing to do with the ingame HUD. And you should not use DSR when you play with Rift.

RW3, first reset your VR position, usually done by holding down CTRL and pressing SPACE. If that is not enough, you can edit your eye position ingame with the Onboard settings app. Those are the option you have. It would be nice if it was possible to place the HUD anywhere we want, but Kunos don't have VR as a priority, it seems.

Thanks scarystuff, I thought that may be the case. Tbh I’m in the right position in the car so I don’t want to mess with that too much, I was just hoping to move the hud in 3D space a bit. Oh well, maybe some time in the future. Tbh other than that AC does a fantastic job with VR, better than iracing I’d say.

The HUD is fixed to the car model so you can only adjust your head position in relation to it. I find it only causes problems being too close in a few mod cars - it's usually reasonably far enough from the default driver position in Kunos cars.

re: DSR - You can make the HUD smaller by setting the resolution higher - same with DSR (though though neither affect 3D rendering, just HUD). Not sure if this changes the position, probably just the size and it's on the same plane.

The opposite is true too: if you set the resolution of AC to 1280x800 for example, the HUD is bigger in VR. I'm using that resolution so the text is easier to read. No idea if a (very) high resolution affects performance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back