VR hardware recommendations

My vote goes for the Rift S if you're budget conscious or the Valve Index if you can stretch the funds. I haven;t used the S but I had the CV1 and am pretty sure it's just a nicer version of that, which ticked quite a few boxes for me when I had it.

Regarding ACC, my findings are this: Put the graphics down AS FAR AS POSSIBLE, while only leaving Temporal AA enabled and at High. Then, push the VR pixel density and the resolution scale (they both are used in VR, so one will affect the other, both in terms of image and performance cost) and get it as sharp as possible while achieving and acceptable frame rate, smoothed or not, with your given HMD. I've found the game to look fairly good even on lowest graphic option settings, the real key is getting that image sharp and the dash readable. Some of the options cost 10% of your frames ALONE, and can add up quickly, reducing your ability to use higher SS.

Give it a shot. Not the news that owners of a thousand quid PLUS graphics card want to hear, but it's a necessary evil unfortunately, given the UE4 engines disgustingly poor implementation of VR.

Upvote 0
The VR lenses are set for a middle distance viewing range to avoid eye fatigue. Initially I bought a second very cheap pair of glasses with the smallest frame available for VR but I now use the WIDMOvr inserts to correct my vision. The graphics will definitely be a big step down in sharpness from 4K but the depth and immersion more than makes up for it (at least for me)

Please elaborate! What are WIDMOvr inserts? If I could fit glasses or the right lenses under my Odyssey +, I certainly would.

Note: I'm not knocking the Odyssey + -- It's great. My eyes are the problem.

Upvote 0
Yeah - I race VR in AC, rF2, R3E, KK, iRacing and other sims. But for some reason, I can't "stomach" running DR2 in VR..... :(
It helps tremendously to have som haptics feedback from a bass shaker or a vibrator pad. I found that really helpful, and also a lot more immersive. So now I have FFB from my wheel and my body!

Upvote 0
Guys, should I buy Dirt Rally 2.0 or does it really suck compared to Dirt Rally 1? I ve heard they went more arcadeish, and it just looks better, and the FBB is worse, so im not sure. Also should I buy F1 2019? im interested in beating the world records, but other than that, im not really sure. What other games have a world record ranking for laps? That is a motivating factor to play and keep improving. Im just buying stuff before the winter sale is over.

Upvote 0
Please elaborate! What are WIDMOvr inserts? If I could fit glasses or the right lenses under my Odyssey +, I certainly would.

Note: I'm not knocking the Odyssey + -- It's great. My eyes are the problem.

They supply prescription lenses designed for various headsets, input your prescription details for the appropriate headset and order and 1-2 weeks later no more glasses.

They're not the only company to do this, the first I think was VR lens lab but I don't think they support the Odyssey.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years