VR 'feel'

Not all VR implementation seems to be created equal.
Despite RRE looking just a bit clearer (from cockpit), AC seems more enjoyable of an experience.
The 'feel' of the car in AC seems better than those in RRE.
The scale of the cockpit in RRE seems a bit off as well...too large.
It's quite exhilarating taking a car through Au Rouge in AC.
The car feels significant...as if there is 'weight' and a rear-end.
RRE seems to lack that same feel on every track I've tried to date.
The car feels almost as if it ends at the driver's seat.
It'll start to pivot and 9 times out of 10, you only know about it after a considerable amount of rotation.
What are your experiences with VR cars?

You know that you can increase/decrease the VR world scale in R3E? Perhaps it can fix your perception. Also getting your FFB right will have a strong effect on how you feel the cars. I just got a Fanatec Wheelbase 2.5 and that changed the FFB feel within R3E totally for me – for the better. Only thing that sometimes distracts me in VR is that there is stutter sometimes whereas I have no issues in Iracing or Assetto Corsa (which are the best sims in VR imo), but I think that’s down to R3E just using DX9.

I'm new to VR and only done R3E a couple times but had kind of the opposite impression, I thought it did a great job of making me feel like I was in a real car and I was amazed at how I could really feel every individual corner of the car. AC is really good at both of those too, and probably looks a bit crisper than R3E. PCars2 can look very pretty in VR but it can also look a bit cartoony at times and it doesn't do as good a job of making me feel like I'm in a big heavy car with four distinct corners. Probably going to be giving iRacing another try soon too, I've heard it's good in VR.

You know that you can increase/decrease the VR world scale in R3E? Perhaps it can fix your perception. Also getting your FFB right will have a strong effect on how you feel the cars.
Thanks!... I'll have to investigate how it's done.
As to FFB... Some cars feel really good (Audi TT)...others are really a struggle to get any proper output.
It's a rare case of too many settings.
You can get close to a good setup, change one thing and throw the entire setup off.
That generally dictates you start all over again, if you don't remember what was changed.
A bit perplexing.

Is there a way to adjust the world scale in Assetto Corsa. Its to small. For example the steering rim of the MCLaren 650s GT3 seems to be only an 9-10inch diamter toy, while the real counterpart has a 12 inch diamter.
In Raceroom it looks like the real one, while raceroom uses a 0.9 world scale setting. Adjusting it to 1.0, everything seems so small like in Assetto Corsa. Strange.

Thanks Fabian....I finally got back to RRE...found and adjusted that setting.
What a 'world' of difference.
The car now feels quite a bit better from a virtual standpoint.
It also translates into a better experience during head-to-head racing.
When trying a pass or being passed, the newly revised scale allows better judging of how much road is left.

Reactions: F_B
Try working on the FFB. I love AC and R3E. There are differences in feel, but R3E communicates just fine. I can detect oversteer pretty easily, and usually already beginning to counter steer before my eyes register the excess rotation.

One thing I noticed when retuning my FFB after a break from the sim was that, for me, my Vertical and Lateral settings ended up being a bit higher than other sims. And I preferred the FF Gain at the default 70%, instead of 100%.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back