VR burning rubber tyre smells and fan

I'm testing this for someone and I think it's great. It's a VR device that blows air in your face when you accelerate and gives the scent of burning rubber and suttle other track smells. It attaches to the pedals so it works with consoles too. Great for VR especially if you have a buttkicker. For me this was the last piece of the puzzle. Let me know if this would interest anybody. I before anyone says it's just a gimmick I already know but it's still pretty cool. And cheap!
20190427_123813.jpg

£35.00 I think which is really cheap considering the alternatives I've found online which all seem to be attached to some dodgy kickstarter. It came with 5 different scents all of which are aimed at vr. I understand he is working on more but I was only really interested in the track day scent. It's attached to my fanatec cs pedals and just works like a momentary micro switch but the unit itself is rechargeable so could be used wireless. Works better when attached to the pedals though. Tested on gt sport and it's pretty amazing how it ads to the emersion. I'd love to have a motion rig as I think it would blow people's minds. My own set up is nothing special but when in vr with the fans and the buttkickers most people that try it think it's incredible.

Upvote 0
I have been thinking about this concept for a while now.

Ideally a servo should be connected to a spray can that sprays burned rubber smell when your brakes lock up.
Simhub could be use to get the telemetry from the game.

Upvote 0
I was looking into it my self. That's how I found this. It comes with different sprays that go into a pad in the box. There is people working on more complicated devices which are way over priced. I'm trying to convince the guy who make these to market it towards sim racers which is why I started the poll. I'd hope enough people would give positive feedback so I could show him. He's based in the UK and it seems to be aimed at 4d movie experience's. However it really does work will in vr sim racing. Not over powering but it definitely ads to the experience. If you have a good wheel and a vr headset with a motion rig or bass shakers like myself. It's the only thing missing from the experience. I hope some people see the potential so he will maybe take it seriously.

Upvote 0
It would be a great addition to my VR/motion system and wind sim but is it healthy? Is it made from industrial materials or organic? I don’t want to have lungs diseases....

Upvote 0
It is organic, the scents used come from a distributor that makes 4d scents for theatres and theme rides. It's really just a tiny spray of the sent used so it's not like it's spraying a load of fumes at you. It was something I asked myself.
It would be a great addition to my VR/motion system and wind sim but is it healthy? Is it made from industrial materials or organic? I don’t want to have lungs diseases....

Upvote 0
It's only something being tested out. The unit I'm testing is made for vr horror titles and 4d movie experiences. It has been adapted slightly for simracing. I was hoping I could get plenty of good feedback so he would market it more towards simracing. I can put up more pictures and info (atleast what I know) I people are really interested.

Upvote 0
It's only something being tested out. The unit I'm testing is made for vr horror titles and 4d movie experiences. It has been adapted slightly for simracing. I was hoping I could get plenty of good feedback so he would market it more towards simracing. I can put up more pictures and info (atleast what I know) I people are really interested.

Yes please. Any info and pictures you may have would help, thanks.

Upvote 0
Wasn't this idea already a failure in all the theaters where they tried it? I suppose it will be funny the first time you use it, but after some time the rubber smell will be always there, or maybe your nose gets used to it and you don't smell it anymore, but what about when you invite somebody home and it smells like a racing garage instead of a clean room?

Upvote 0
Was doing something similar back in the 70s. A tiny drip of Castrol GTX or Duckhams with a spot of Redex onto a cooker hotplate created an excellent racetrack ambience whilst watching motor sport on the TV. I would probably make something rather than buy but the idea is sound. Especially if it wasn't real oil and additives smogging up the house.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing