VR and Bentley... New Assetto Corsa Competizione Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Bentley 2.jpg

Ahead of the big VR, Bentley and Misano "EA Release 2" for ACC, Kunos Simulazioni have released a few very nice teaser images from the upcoming content release...

With only two short days left to wait for the first major content update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have released a nice set of rather attractive preview images in the form of some stunning shots of the mega Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano Circuit, the two major new pieces of content set to hit ACC this October 10th.

Slightly more difficult to reflect in screenshot form, the new release scheduled for this Wednesday will also be notable for the first pass at supporting Virtual Reality (VR) in the sim - a very exciting development for ACC, and something that is sure to please quite a few of the sim racing community (myself included).

Of course this is the first update for ACC since the game deployed into the public realm via Steam Early Access back in September, and it will be interesting to see what other tweaks, improvements and features Kunos can add to an already very impressive simulation in the four weeks since it made its public debut.

ACC Misano 2.jpg
ACC Bentley 1.jpg

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Misano 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the next stage of development for ACC? What are you most excited to try, the car, track or VR? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Someone posted this at the steamcommunity for VR settings and sharpening the blurry distance:

UE4 sharpening Filter:

(Thanks goes to "Georg Ortner" for sharing this on his Twitter Page! https://twitter.com/6e66o/status/1040526664680255490 )

The ingame sharpening filter in the options menu doesn't work in VR.

There is the possibility to at an sharpening filter manually in to UE4 games.
Make sure you can see hidden folders!!

Go to:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and edit:
Engine.ini

(Set TAA to 'Epic or High' ingame for this to work properly. Edit Tonemapper.Sharpen how you like it.)

Place this in the Engine.ini file below everything else:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4

https://steamcommunity.com/app/805550/discussions/0/3276824488713213638/

I think it's Pearl!
Yep, I think you're right, I even have a song:

Pearl's a singer
She stands up when she plays the piano
In a nightclub
Pearl's a singer
She sings songs for the lost and the lonely
Her job is entertaining folks
Singing songs and telling jokes
In a nightclub
Pearl's a singer
And they say that she once was a winner
In a contest
Pearl's a singer
And they say that she once cut a record
They played it for a week or so
On the local radio, it never made it
She wanted to be Betty Grable
But now she sits there at that beer stained table
Dreaming of the things she never got to do
All those…:D

Just my 2 cts:

Assigned the buttons on the wheel, started the game from steam using "start with steamvr", ignored the in-your-face menus and... had a blast fighting the AI in a quick race with my Rift and a gtx 1060.

Minor nuisances:
  • The menu distance. Will try the settings mentioned above.
  • The formation lap. Yes, I know it adds to the immersion, but it is boring, so I dont mind having the option to start rolling juat before the last turn.
  • The overall arcade look. This is probably the engine, but I hope they turn it down a bit.

I will try to tweak the graphics to make it sharper, but it does not really bother me.

Gerbrand

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/photos/a.340573865968938/2764192243607076/?type=3&theater

⬇️ HOTFIX AVAILABLE / STEAM UPDATE ⬇️

Dear #ACCompetizione racers...

We are now LIVE with a VR user dedicated hotfix, introducing keyboard controls, fixed VR camera scaling (6DOF now works correctly) and some customization settings for your VR gaming experience.

See below...

To edit your HUD and camera preferences, head over to vrsettings.json, default location Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrsettings.json (edit with notepad)

For further support and technical info, please visit ➡️https://bit.ly/2yyfZMV

Thanks for joining us in our Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access program!

Anybody know how to get the main screen to display in the middle when you start ACC in VR? The CTRL + SPACE only centers the garage, but not the screen. They have changed something with the hotfix: before the hotfix I had to look down between my legs to even see the screen, and now I have to look hard left, almost over my shoulder, to see it. Does anyone know which parameter in which folder changes this? I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem, I asked a few pages back in the thread, and until now nobody has an answer?
It's hard enough to use the menu having to use two and three-finger commands with a VR Headset on (what were they thinking?), without it being so far off center. Does anyone have a solution?
It's actually quite enjoyable to drive in VR, when you can manage to get into the program by having to select things in the menu whilst looking left over your shoulder. Isn't anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
Not sure what is wrong with yours.
When I start mine I’m sat in the corner of the garage. The main screen is floating to my top right.
When I press the VR reset button (either ctrl/space or the key on my wheel I programmed for forward/backward) it recentres to being directly in front of me.
I’m using the Rift.

Not sure what is wrong with yours.
When I start mine I’m sat in the corner of the garage. The main screen is floating to my top right.
When I press the VR reset button (either ctrl/space or the key on my wheel I programmed for forward/backward) it recentres to being directly in front of me.
I’m using the Rift.
Thanks for replying: I have an Acer WMR, it seems nobody thought to test it with the WMR headsets, just the Oculus / Vive.
If I could find out which setting changes the position, I'd be able to adjust it. They changed something in the hotfix, but what? Before the hotfix the opening screen was down between my legs, I had to bend over to see it. Now I have to look left and down, and centering the VR display has no effect on the screen. That stays where it is, and the garage centers itself, independant from the screen.
Maybe something is broken in Steam VR? It's a bit frustrating as all the other sims work perfectly under Steam VR. Maybe in 0.3.0.....

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back