Vote Time: RD Formula One Driver of the Year Awards

its not arguing what you do. You will keep on hitting on everyone who places Max on top. You don't like him and we know that.
The question is who is the stand out driver: In my opinion that is Max. For his age he stood firm against his competitors. You only look at numbers when it comes to Max. But when we look at numbers (Nico) then it is suddenly the car.

My driver of the year - Daniel Ricciardo. He has been consistent. But he does not get the credit he deserves because Verstappen does one good race and gets all the attention.

What i think about Daniel is that it is outstanding that he finished all races this season. He saw in all races the chequered. No other driver did that. Perez crashed in Austria, and therefore he did not see the chequered.

What i think about Daniel is that it is outstanding that he finished all races this season. He saw in all races the chequered. No other driver did that. Perez crashed in Austria, and therefore he did not see the chequered.
Pigs have more of a chance of flying than Max does of finishing the Monaco GP.

You only look at numbers when it comes to Max. But when we look at numbers (Nico) then it is suddenly the car.

It's easy to compare teammates with numbers but it's not easy to compare Wehrlein and Rosberg with numbers due to how vastly different the cars are.

Teammates are in the same car so you can compare them. It's why no one goes "But Nico has outqualified Daniel 19-2 this season" or "Rosberg outqualfiied Wehrlein 21-0"

If Max and Daniel weren't teammates, then I wouldn't compare using statistics

Ricciardo. Without a doubt. He's done the best job throughout the season. The in-lap before the pit-failure in Monaco was sensational.

I really think Wehrlein did a good job this year as well. But as a Manor-fan I guess I'm not neutral!

I would like to mention Perez too. Two podiums: Monaco and Baku. Finished 4th in Brazil. Did it with a car which is not one of the big three: Mercedes, RBR, Ferrari.
Force India is one of the smaller teams which a moderate budget. It beat Williams with 35 points. Perez finished 7th, beating Bottas (16pts more) and Hülkenberg (28 pts more).

Let me throw some good old statistics into the mix

Races
Ricciardo 11-6 Verstappen

Qualifying
Ricciardo 11-6 Verstappen

Podiums
Ricciardo 8-7 Verstappen

This should be about current form, not future potential. It's quite clear to see that Ricciardo has outperformed Verstappen this season

Oh boy realy??

1 Max comes after 4 races to red bull. where he learn the team and the car. wins the first grandprix in Spain.

2 a lot of pressure on this kid because some drivers find it necessary to criticize the whole season...
3 Max have a strong mind keeps cool and stays good drive despite the many criticism (they all know where Max is capable of and it's mostly a threat to their Kingdom, everyone sees that Max is a unique tallent.

And the rain in Brasil Max blow out everybody did a very good Job like the days of Senna and Schumacher..
Ricardo is good like prost.. stewart.. mansel..
Max is unique like.. Bellof.. Villeneuve.. Clark.. Schumacher Senna.. that category whether you like it or not. He is what the formula 1 needs..

I voted for Max because while I don't think he's the fastest driver currently in F1 or even in Red Bull, he had an incredible season for someone only in his 2nd season in F1, only 19 years old and switched teams mid-season and still managed to put up really good performances.

Tough choice. Verstappen has impressed the most this year so I'll go with him, although honorable mentions have to go to both Mercedes drivers, Ricciardo, Raikkonen, Felipe Nasr and Checo Perez.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%