Vote for content, nr. 2

In my experience regarding competition, the overall speed is not what makes for great racing - it's the close struggles, back and forth battles for position that make the best races exciting. I also happen to enjoy the diversity in multi-class sportscar racing, different speeds, different power, different designs, different sights and sounds.

We could all use a couple of 4WD cars. I guess adding the GT-R is just a matter of "when" instead of "if", but I'd welcome the old Skylines as well. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone would enjoy some "Evo vs Impreza" battles :)

Great selection of cars IMO, take the top 3 from each poll and they're golden.

Its easy to complain about GT3 cars, but GT3 cars will provide close, fast racing online.
Indeed. I think GT3 is the lowest category of those fast race cars, that are a bit more forgiving than a GT1 for example. This provides people enough pace to keep the race as close as possible. In my opinion though, road cars provide the best racing experience as they are the most forgiving about little mistakes and allow for most bodycontact.

I need to send links to more friends... because street cars is what we really need my friend! :D

And few words about the polls on AC website.
To be honest I'd love to get Alfa 4C - especially because I cannot imagine better rival for Lotuses. Elise/Exige vs. 4C would be something special! Same size, weight, similar power, even the looks is somehow similar.

And my dreams about getting newest Aston Martin V12 Vantage S by Kunos are broken...
aston-martin-v-12-vantage-s-3.jpg

Aren't your hearts guys telling you that this is the right thing to do? To click "Vantage" on the poll... ? (if that's V12 Vantage... if not, then click whatever you like ;D ;P)

Nope! lol, Road cars in a sim are of very little interest to me, like i said earlier about 30 mins and thats it. Can go out and buy most of them if you work hard enough. I wont get to race GT3's etc unless i make millions, and being a Network Engineer for the NHS im never going to do that lol.

Don't get me wrong I would sit in a GT3 car any day if I'm offered a drive. :D But in our simulated world where we don't feel g force it is a rather unrewarding drive, just because you got plenty of electronics/aero/grip to make it go fast in corners. Talking about speed those GT3 cars are not that fast on a straight any more it's all about cornering.

So yes, I stand by my initial statement, give me a nice road car I don't care how much slower I am in a turn there is just so much more happening on corner entry and exit. I would love a proper GT1/Prototype car from the 90's however, one where I pee in my pants every time I exit a corner. :laugh:

But each to their own of course, I'm not slamming anyone's opinion just sharing mine. :)

Of course I was just making fun about the race cars being slow...:D I knew what you meant about it ;)

Those GT1/Prototype cars would be awesome and until we get something like that I will probably pee my pants in the Lotus 98T :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I don't understand the point of wasting money with licenses for all these road cars, what are we supposed to do with them?

Just driving around, on racing tracks?

Well if the multiplayer is good you can still race them against other people or AI :p
It is obvious that people like driving the road cars so I see no problem at all with getting more even if I personally just drive them for max. 10 laps (to be honest if haven't touched a Lotus road car since the Techdemo) and then switch to something with big fat slicks :cool:

Nope! lol, Road cars in a sim are of very little interest to me, like i said earlier about 30 mins and thats it. Can go out and buy most of them if you work hard enough. I wont get to race GT3's etc unless i make millions, and being a Network Engineer for the NHS im never going to do that lol.

That's a pretty controversial statement - being a structural engineer I cannot see myself getting a car for 200.000 pounds or even 100.000 - especially in my country ;)
So that's pretty same story! lol ;D
IMO race cars are mostly pretty boring - all of them are almost the same (especially when we are talking about cars in the same class)... just the bodyworks are different.
You get into 458 GT3 and MP4-12C GT3... and they are very much the same. 458 Italia and MP4-12C are completely different cars to drive in real world and - most importantly - also in AC.
I spent maybe 15minutes in M3 GT2 - 'nothing to see here, next' ;D;P

That's a pretty controversial statement - being a structural engineer I cannot see myself getting a car for 200.000 pounds or even 100.000 - especially in my country ;)
So that's pretty same story! lol ;D
IMO race cars are mostly pretty boring - all of them are almost the same (especially when we are talking about cars in the same class)... just the bodyworks are different.
You get into 458 GT3 and MP4-12C GT3... and they are very much the same. 458 Italia and MP4-12C are completely different cars to drive in real world and - most importantly - also in AC.
I spent maybe 15minutes in M3 GT2 - 'nothing to see here, next' ;D;P

You can lease a brand new Aston Martin for around £800 a month, not too bad at all! Twice as much as buying a brand new Ford Mondeo..... Might not be yours but its to do with as you wish for 2 years.

I disagree with you completely, the M3 GT2 is a totally different car to drive than the P 4/5 (built to GT2 specs), The P 4/5 has a shed load more grip and is a heck of a lot easier to drive, the M3 on the other hand is front engined and RWD Accelerating on the power and pressing on the brakes is completely different skill. Im sure the 458 and the 12C GT caras will drive toatally differently too. So its nothing like just the bodyworks are different at all.

Its the same in any racing, like F1, if they were all the same just different body work then surely they would be very equal?! But as im sure you see they are anything but equal.

even if I personally just drive them for max. 10 laps (to be honest if haven't touched a Lotus road car since the Techdemo) and then switch to something with big fat slicks :cool:

On my side, with them oversteering in almost every corner, 2/3 laps is enough and I just quit, I don't enjoy driving them at all.

Generic race cars, like Reiza did on GSC, they don't need licenses, so why wasting more money on them, when we already have a lot of road cars.

You can lease a brand new Aston Martin for around £800 a month, not too bad at all! Twice as much as buying a brand new Ford Mondeo..... Might not be yours but its to do with as you wish for 2 years.

I disagree with you completely, the M3 GT2 is a totally different car to drive than the P 4/5 (built to GT2 specs), The P 4/5 has a shed load more grip and is a heck of a lot easier to drive, the M3 on the other hand is front engined and RWD Accelerating on the power and pressing on the brakes is completely different skill. Im sure the 458 and the 12C GT caras will drive toatally differently too. So its nothing like just the bodyworks are different at all.

Its the same in any racing, like F1, if they were all the same just different body work then surely they would be very equal?! But as im sure you see they are anything but equal.

Well, it depends on where you live mate. In my country 800pounds is engineer's monthly salary after few years of experience in a company ;) In UK it's a different story, prices are pretty similar but you are getting ~4 times more cash for the same work every month.

Sometimes people here are writing that it's pretty hard to make a league for 458, mp4-12c, sls etc. in street specs. But the same problem is with race cars - all cars in AC are from diffrent classes and years - P4/5 in 2011 spec is a different car than in 2012 spec (which will be available later on).
Unless you won't have selection of cars from one class and one year (so let's say i.e. GT3 2012) they are as similarly comparable as street versions mentioned before.

How about being happy that we get both? It's unbelievable how many have the attitude of "give me what I want and who gives a crap about anybody else". I don't care for open wheelers but I hope that eventually the people that do enjoy them get the different flavors that they want.
I think it's pretty cool that we finally have a sim that we can take a virtual test drive of amazing street cars...it is what I have wanted Forza to be for 10 years.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%