VOTATIONS AND SUPER POLE NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Garcia

Premium
Hello guys,

you may wonder why I am posting this here and not at the Races & Schedules thread, but I have a reason, and it is because we will probably apply penaltys from now on in the next cases. Please read:

SUPER POLE
Every driver posting a qualification time also have to complete out lap and hot lap. In lap is not mandatory.

VOTATIONS ON INCIDENTS INVESTIGATIONS
IT IS MANDATORY TO VOTE. You as team spokesman should know that. We will apply a 2 points deduction penaty each time a team spokesman miss a poll in the future, and it is so sad to loose this way what you´ve won on track... voting takes 5 minutes a week.

Thanks fro reading,
David

SUPER POLE RULE UPDATE!
Every driver posting a qualification time also have to complete out lap and hot lap. In lap is not mandatory.

Both new rules have been already included in the Rules & Regulations on main site.

SUPER POLE RULE UPDATE!
Every driver posting a qualification time also have to complete a full inlap, as seen as completed 3 laps in the in game time display during qualification. Faulure to do so will automaticly cause a 2 points penalty for the team.

Both new rules have been already included in the Rules & Regulations on main site.

I don't want to be difficult here. But i don't understand why. There is no broadcast so nobody sees it. Is there any special reason why this inlap is needed ?

It would be great though to have the qual on broadcast, it makes some great footage. Would you guys consider this in the future ?

I don't want to be difficult here. But i don't understand why. There is no broadcast so nobody sees it. Is there any special reason why this inlap is needed ?

It would be great though to have the qual on broadcast, it makes some great footage. Would you guys consider this in the future ?

So people don't gain the extra advantage of having one less lap of fuel, the same rule is used is quite a few leagues - and it just make sure qualifying is as fair as it can be :)

So people don't gain the extra advantage of having one less lap of fuel, the same rule is used is quite a few leagues - and it just make sure qualifying is as fair as it can be :)

Tom means why does anybody have to do it...if the rule didnt exist then everyone can short fuel.

I always watch for people not doing the inlap...because like you say its not fair. However it would be alot more fair to just scrap the inlap then there can be no cheating.

whatever way you fix the problem I'm happy with...all I am doing is explaining Toms suggestion. His solution is less work and zero chance of anyone getting away with cheating beacuse nobody does the inlap.

whatever way you fix the problem I'm happy with...all I am doing is explaining Toms suggestion. His solution is less work and zero chance of anyone getting away with cheating beacuse nobody does the inlap.

Thx Mike, exactly what i meant. Nobody sees the inlap anway. I would understand it when it was broadcasted. Now its abit pointless tbh.

Also a solution is to make the Q just open instead of Superpole.
But saying that for alot of seasons now. But thats my personal taste.

Now that we are at the subject for broadcast etc. Why isnt there a broadcast for the Q?
Now we join alot of times at the end of warm up or even the beginning of the formation lap. Wich is imo way to late. :)

Mwah is this a professional League or not? :)
I drove alot of leagues with just open Q and even 40 cars on the grid at Trois. Its just a mindset, what is important. And i think with the drivers quality here at STC that shouldnt be a problem at all.

one of the reaons for the late broadcast is the friendly voice arriving at home at about 19.45 cet most thursday nights :) and feeling the need to at least have a bite to eat and a little time for the family. i have been known to do the commentary in my shirt and tie grabbing a mouthful while xose and david were talking, though that wa sonly once or twice.
that said, super pole is a great format and i just cannot see why people read a certain set of rules and then don't follow them. beats me, utterly.

Mwah is this a professional League or not? :)
I drove alot of leagues with just open Q and even 40 cars on the grid at Trois. Its just a mindset, what is important. And i think with the drivers quality here at STC that shouldnt be a problem at all.

lol I will remember you said this ;)

I have driven in open Q before Ivo :D

I'm not against open Q, but I know you will see incidents, arguments etc. Just like real life. We have incidents every race, with open Q we will have incidents every qualify. If we go with an open Q then we have to figure out some sort of rules about blocking and incident reports.

Having said that, open Q is fine with me, but im not going to pretend we are all going to group hug at the end. :)

Lol i know. Just saying. :)

Edit: Yeah i never expect that also. Arguments always will be there.
But if we have some clear guidelines like every league with Open Q i dont see any problem. :)

I personly wouldn't like to go into open qualify as Super Pole is one of the many things that make STC special. I am not aganst it (as I like Open qualify more then super pole) but I think that the picture of STC would change quite a lot with open Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%