Volvo S40 mod for Race 07

Is the Software agreement when you load the game with SIMBIN or Volvo?
Whats this one year rule?
I thought the problem was with backward conversions - ie, putting newer game content into older games - if it is then surely putting Volvo The Game Content into Race On should not be a problem because Race On is newer than Volvo The Game?
Are Volvo Mad? Surely as a marketing tool the more times the 'Volvo' brand is used in game the more effective that marketing is?
I like Volvo ever since I was hooked by the T5 at Volvo's Official Launch, which I attended as a Corporate Guest back in 1993 at Oulton Park, got a telling off from one of the Oulton Park Instructors after chucking an 850 GLT through the chicaine right on the tail of of one of the 850 T5's - his ticking off included the sentence - "your not supposed to be keeping up with the professional drivers in the T5's"! - Mind you the T5's were piloted by what the said were 'professional race drivers' at 'race speeds' and they had helmets - we didn't have helmets and had been told to pull off line and allow the T5's (which had headlights on) to pass, which I did... I just then proceeded to accelarate up behind the one I let pass as he braked and then glue myself to his back bumper till I got told off...... those were the days...

Anyway I want this content in Race On so I can load up Oulton Park and reminise... but I don't want to do it on my own so I hope someone at Volvo and SIMBIN sort their head out and make it legal... Please..

Is the Software agreement when you load the game with SIMBIN or Volvo?
Whats this one year rule?

SimBin made a "rule" for the community last year that a game it created had to be out for one year before its content could be legally converted to newer games in SimBin's catalogue. Hence why GTR2 tracks are legal to use in the RACE series. However, it seems Volvo are holding the reins here...

some screenshots (the Volvo C30 isnt included in the conversion) volvo1.jpgvolvo2.jpgvolvo3.jpgvolvo4.jpg

do you all mean that i can release the links?:D

I wouldn't, if I were you. This same conversion discussion occurred in the proper Volvo - The Game thread. The end result was basically 'Conversion is not allowed, so stop going on about it here.'

Besides which, there's no need. The conversion can easily be found in less than 30 seconds using Google (just tried) for those that are desperate for a few more Volvos. I can't attest to its quality though, because I haven't used it. The official game only spent a day on my system because the cars just weren't anything special for me.

SimBin was contracted by Volvo to build a free game for them for marketing purposes. This is very different than SimBin building a game for free download that happened to include Volvo's. Volvo owns the rights to their marketing tool and it's contect and SimBin own the rights to the platform it was released on....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 283 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 39.9%