AC Volvo S40 @ Bathurst - Tuesday 25th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good side by side action tonight lads! Love racing at bathurst. You really have to ignore the other cars and focus on the mountain. Great battle with ernie in the first. Thought i pipped him over the line for the podium but the line comes very early here! Second race was good fun. Got into first from the start and drove as smooth and consistant as i could, but reik still caught me down the straight with 3 laps left. The saloon speed wobble at the top end of 6th is really cool in these. I was lucky to survive the counter attack through the kink. Backend went all jelly in the dirty air!

Thanks to all involved for a great evenings racing :thumbsup:

volvo-jean-claude-van-dam.jpg

Last edited:
The whole event was great fun!!!

In practice Erik drove a 2:13:1xx, which was faster than I had ever been so far.

For the first timed lap in qualy I decided to be smooth and clean just to get one good lap in at the beginning. To my surprise it resulted in the pole lap being a 2:12:9xx. And it proved the fact, that pushing makes you slower here. This track is so tricky, on no other track but Bathurst it feels like no lap is the same like the lap before. Even on the Nordschleife laps feel more being the same.

In race 1 Erik made a cool overtaking move on me in lap one round the outside of the right hander up the hill. After lap one I pushed more (which I should've known is a bad idea) so it didn't take long I had a spin and was send to the end of the field. I had nice fights and overtake only to make even bigger mistakes again. So after a crappy race I finished 7th.

Starting race 2 from 7th was great fun. After taking the momentum out of T1 I gained to positions on the straight. I attacked Ernie at the right hander but he defended hard and fair. I chased him over the mountain and was nearly through at the chase but Ernie showed a brave late braking into the chicane to defend his position again. Great driving to keep it on the road there.

So I pushed him over the mountain again and got pressure from Erik and more drivers close behind me. Compared to race 1 the ability to keep it on track had improved for all of us, it seemed.

In the end of that lap I could overtake Ernie at the last corner. I quickly closed up on Paul in 2nd to slip stream him down the chase and get him there. The following lap I nearly spun at the Dipper and Paul slipped through again, so one lap later I made use of the long straight again. Now I managed to close the gap to Brian in 1st and also outbraked him at the last chicane. Brian tried hard to defend but overshot the breaking point. So I drove it home for victory.

Thank you all for participating and to Brian for hosting the fun.

Last edited:
The whole event was great fun!!!

In practice Erik drove a 2:13:1xx, which was faster than I had ever been so far.

For the first timed lap in qualy I decided to be smooth and clean just to get one good lap in at the beginning. To my surprise it resulted in the pole lap being a 2:12:9xx. And it proved the fact, that pushing makes you slower here. This track is so tricky, on no other track but Bathurst it feels like no lap is the same like the lap before. Even on the Nordschleife laps feel more being the same.

In race 1 Erik made a cool overtaking move on me in lap one round the outside of the right hander up the hill. After lap one I pushed more (which I should've known is a bad idea) so it didn't take long I had a spin and was send to the end of the field. I had nice fights and overtake only to make even bigger mistakes again. So after a crappy race I finished 7th.

Starting race 2 from 7th was great fun. After taking the momentum out of T1 I gained to positions on the straight. I attacked Ernie at the right hander but he defended hard and fair. I chased him over the mountain and was nearly through at the chase but Ernie showed a brave late braking into the chicane to defend his position again. Great driving to keep it on the road there.

So I pushed him over the mountain again and got pressure from Erik and more drivers close behind me. Compared to race 1 the ability to keep it on track had improved for all of us, it seemed.

In the end of that lap I could overtake Ernie at the last corner. I quickly closed up on Paul in 2nd to slip stream him down the chase and get him there. The following lap I nearly spun at the Dipper and Paul slipped through again, so one lap later I made use of the long straight again. Now I managed to close the gap to Brian in 1st and also outbraked him at the last chicane. Brian tried hard to defend but overshot the breaking point. So I drove it home for victory.

Thank you all for participating and to Brian for hosting the fun.

Nice driving throughout Reik. You deserved at least one win! I actually couldn't brake on the counter attack as i had a massive rear end wobble trying to go around your outside of the kink. S40 doesn't have as much downforce as i thought and i also made to much of a jerky late turn in. It likes smooth inputs this car!

Thank again gents for a great event. Next week we're at the straights of salzburgring for Group C action!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 95 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years