Too much going on...
AndreasFSC submitted a new resource:

Volvo C70 DTM prototype for Race 07 - Volvo C70 DTM prototype for Race 07

View attachment 401272

Volvo C70 DTM prototype for Race 07
----------------------------------------------------------------

About the mod:
--------------
This car is a mix between a prototype car built by Zakspeed for DTM 2000 and a model car that represented the car.
Sadly the real car was never allowed to take part in the series, but at least this virtual version can.
The 3d model started as a project for Need for Speed 4 (!) a very long time ago. The models have of...

Read more about this resource...

Please add some more details so we can try to help that you can enjoy this mod as we do!
Tell us something more about your installation and game content - do you have all official addons and which mods are installed already? Any additional info may help ;)
well i can start the game and i can play the game just not with this car. it shows up in menus and looks fully functional but when i chose it the game just crashes

well i can start the game and i can play the game just not with this car. it shows up in menus and looks fully functional but when i chose it the game just crashes
Usually a crash when loading a race is caused by a faulty material in the 3d model or a missing physics file.
As far as I know a race can be loaded without a tyre, suspension, gearbox , damage or sound file, but obviously the car doesn't work well. A missing .hdc file or basic variable in the .inccar file or .car file will most likely make the game crash.

Since I haven't seen anyone else having this problem (at least not so far) it doesn't seem to be a problem with the car itself. I have noticed that on a few occasions that a car class id conflict (same id number as some other class, different class name) can cause a game crash when loading a race.
So my first suggestion is to try a different class ID.
I hope this helps.

Usually a crash when loading a race is caused by a faulty material in the 3d model or a missing physics file.
As far as I know a race can be loaded without a tyre, suspension, gearbox , damage or sound file, but obviously the car doesn't work well. A missing .hdc file or basic variable in the .inccar file or .car file will most likely make the game crash.

Since I haven't seen anyone else having this problem (at least not so far) it doesn't seem to be a problem with the car itself. I have noticed that on a few occasions that a car class id conflict (same id number as some other class, different class name) can cause a game crash when loading a race.
So my first suggestion is to try a different class ID.
I hope this helps.
That's why it's necessary to know what other mods are installed. Most of the time it's best to "clean" the Teams folder by moving the inside folders into another folder (e.g. have a second folder named "Teams_off" and move mods there to deactivate them). A starting point would be to move out all non-Simbin mods. Than add mods again one by one or in groups to see if any of those is causing the problem.

Personally, I use the "Sim Racing Manager" app.
The download link can be found on the third page.

Today I got to try this car for the first time. Absolutely awesome. Andreas is a magician. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I downloaded the mod and added it to the game folder, and it worked, however the car has no engine sound, the only sound i can hear from the car is the gearbox whine, does it not have the engine sound yet, or is it bugged?

I downloaded the mod and added it to the game folder, and it worked, however the car has no engine sound, the only sound i can hear from the car is the gearbox whine, does it not have the engine sound yet, or is it bugged?
There should be sounds included in Gamedata\Sounds\Car\C70

Why didn't Volvo ended up participating in DTM?
It seems they were not interested (Volvo has always had a strange relation to motorsport: entering, leaving, entering, leaving...), and it also seems some kind of manufacturer approval or involvement was required to enter the series :unsure:

It seems they were not interested (Volvo has always had a strange relation to motorsport: entering, leaving, entering, leaving...), and it also seems some kind of manufacturer approval or involvement was required to enter the series :unsure:
Strange, I will have loved to see Volvo in the DTM.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back